Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
RevZilla will match any advertised price on new merchandise available through another authorized U.S. dealer.Price Match Policy
The ZillaCash rewards program is very straightforward - if you have a RevZilla account, you may already be taking advantage of ZillaCash rewards. Review the following guidelines to see how easy it is to maximize your rewards and put your ZillaCash to work for you.
- Earn and redeem ZillaCash credit automatically with each order - no fine print, no strings attached, and no hoops to jump through to cash in.
- All you need is a RevZilla account to start earning - Simply log in each time you shop with RevZilla and we’ll take care of the rest, keeping more money in your pocket just for shopping with us.
- Earn $5 for Each $100 You Spend on eligible products - up to a maximum of $30 ZillaCash per order for orders totaling $600 or more. Any ZillaCash you earn is automatically applied to the next purchase, so you can sit back, enjoy the ride and feel the savings blow through your hair.
Abus Granit Detecto X+ 8008 Alarm Disc Lock
The Abus Detecto X Plus 8008 Alarm Disc Lock is made from temper hardened steel and is compact yet easy to use and houses 3D alarm technology. You've heard horror stories about alarms going off unnecessarily and having to wear ear plugs to replace the battery. Not so with ABUS disk locks. The 8008 uses an automatic brake disc recognition system, meaning that the alarm will not arm unless it is mounted onto the brake disc itself. You can carry this lock in your pocket or bag and it will not arm or sound.
The alarm relies on ABUS's 3D motion detection technology, once armed and on the brake disc it will detect any motion. A warning will alert before the alarm fully sounds, perfect if you've parked your bike and forgotten your alarm is still on the disc. When you or a thief stand your bike up while the alarm is armed, it will sound a warning giving you time to unlock it before it fully sounds. Every movement is detected, whether the thief tries striking or attacking the lock or simply tries to lift your bike into a truck.
- 16mm steel bolt (0.63")
- 100dB+ alarm, sounds for 20 seconds, then cycles off until disturbed again
- 60mm throat (2.36")
- Lock can be safely transported in locked position without arming or activating thanks to the automatic brake disc recognition system
- Alarm only arms on the disc
- Different acoustic signals inform let the user know about battery life, activation and armed status
- ABUS X-Plus cylinder for the highest protection against manipulation and picking
- Two keys supplied with lock, one LED lighted
- ABUS Code Card for easy replacement/additional key ordering
- One CR2 battery for the alarm included
- Can be keyed alike with other X-Plus Cylinder locks
- Includes a carrying case for easy transport on the bike
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Silver||RevZilla Item #1103985||MFR. Product #4003318 70755 1||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
Orders $39.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. Click Here for FREE Shipping Terms and Conditions.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
We show real-time availability on this product page when you select the size/color item you want. Most items will ship the same business day an order is placed,however if an item requires additional processing time a message will be shown indicating such.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Reviews & Questions
The good points of the lock are simply that it does everything that it's supposed to do and does it well. I've never had any issues with it chewing through batteries or with the alarm going off for no reason, but keep in mind I've only been using it for a few months and it has not been exposed to any bad weather. The lock readily slides onto and off the brake disc without sticking and can be carried in an included pouch or a backpack without fear of activating the alarm.
All in all I would still recommend this lock due to the very solid build, the non-buggy alarm, and the relative ease of use.
*fitment note, I've been told that putting the lock on the rear disc is better because it makes removing the disc (and thus the lock) much more troublesome for thieves. However, the bolt is too large to fit into the holes on the rear brake disc of my 2015 ZX-6R, but the lock fits without issue onto either of my front brake discs
So the lock is extremely solid, functions as it should, is loud, but on the product page it mentions "Flashing red LED acts as an additional theft deterrent" and "Multi-colored LED and different acoustic signals inform let the user know about battery life, activation and armed status"
NEITHER of these things are true. There is no flashing red LED light, and there is no multicolored LED for anything.
I'm considering returning it, but I'm not sure. I feel like revzilla totally hosed me on this one, though. I thought I was shelling out $200 for something with all of the features I needed. This is not a small amount of money, and I expected at the very least that revzilla's product page would have accurate information.
1 year ago
This disc lock plus chain and Abloy padlock will not prevent a determined thief with an angle grinder from stealing my bike, but I'm pretty sure that it will defeat anyone else.
I'm also thinking of placing an old iPhone under the seat to periodically check on the bike using Find My iPhone.
To me, the reduction in the likelihood of theft is worth the lock's cost.
I'm using the disc lock with a Moto Guzzi V7 II. Abus has a template on its web site that can be printed out and used to determine whether the lock will fit one's bike.
That being said, here are a few reasons you may want to reconsider buying this lock. 1) The finish is nowhere near as nice as the product images show. I was expecting a clean, smooth, machined finish to the lock, but instead received it to find the lock body is definitely cast, not forged or machined. Small detail, but when you're spending this amount of money on something, you want it to look and feel like it's worth the price.
2) As some other reviewers have indicated, there is absolutely no blinking LED indicator anywhere on this lock to indicate that it's armed as a deterrent to potential thieves. Revzilla, please remove that from the description as it's quite misleading.
3) This lock didn't fit on my bike! I have an '09 Rebel and unfortunately the holes in the stock disc are too close to the hub to move the lock shackle into alignment with the hole. Pretty stupid. I wasn't anticipating that being the limiting factor when it came to fit. To elaborate, I can't push the lock far enough onto the rotor to line the shackle up with the hole. The lip of the lock body around the shackle, at it's minimum width, is still too wide. Maybe Revzilla should put up some detailed fitment dimensions to make sure locks fit before people order them? Meh.
4 months ago