Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
RevZilla will match any advertised price on new merchandise available through another authorized U.S. dealer.Price Match Policy
The ZillaCash rewards program is very straightforward - if you have a RevZilla account, you may already be taking advantage of ZillaCash rewards. Review the following guidelines to see how easy it is to maximize your rewards and put your ZillaCash to work for you.
- Earn and redeem ZillaCash credit automatically with each order - no fine print, no strings attached, and no hoops to jump through to cash in.
- All you need is a RevZilla account to start earning - Simply log in each time you shop with RevZilla and we’ll take care of the rest, keeping more money in your pocket just for shopping with us.
- Earn $5 for Each $100 You Spend on eligible products - up to a maximum of $30 ZillaCash per order for orders totaling $600 or more. Any ZillaCash you earn is automatically applied to the next purchase, so you can sit back, enjoy the ride and feel the savings blow through your hair.
Heat Demon External Heated Grip Warmers Kit
The Symtec Heat Demon Heated Grips are a great, must have accessory. 2-stage heated grips that keep you comfortable and warm and riding with these really do extend your riding season. This quality kit allows the heating elements to be fitted neatly and discretely under the OEM grips or your own favorite aftermarket grips.
Easy to install, with 2-stage heat settings, the kit is suitable for all types of bikes, tourers, sports, and off road / enduro bikes. The kit consists of two heating elements on flexible Mylar tape that attaches to your handlebar (clutch side) and throttle tube (throttle side) via permanent adhesive on the back. The right and left heaters are different, to accommodate lower heat tolerance of plastic throttle tubes.
- 3 amp draw (36W) on the high position.
- No external resistor or other parts are needed to install.
- 3-position (off, high, low) metal toggle switch or surface-mounted plastic rocker switch
- Increases rider safety and comfort
- Extend the riding season
- Easy to install
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Metal Toggle Switch||RevZilla Item #593050||MFR. Product #210019MT||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
|Product Style Plastic Rocker Switch||RevZilla Item #813508||MFR. Product #210019RR||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships next business day|
Orders $39.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. Click Here for FREE Shipping Terms and Conditions.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
We show real-time availability on this product page when you select the size/color item you want. Most items will ship the same business day an order is placed,however if an item requires additional processing time a message will be shown indicating such.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Reviews & Questions
I have a couple of complaints:
- I would like to see Symtec include some additional snap-on wire junctions.
- These do not come with grips. You have to reuse your old ones (if they arent glued on) or replace them with separately purchase grips.
- The Toggle switch included works well, but other brands have a handlebar mounted switch.
- The instructions are minimal
- The instructions do mention that you should install the long piece of heat shrink over the clutch side handlebar if you are using aluminum bars (Aluminum being an extremely efficient heat conduct, much more so than steel). I have steel bars so i omitted this - that was a mistake. The throttle side heater is noticeably warmer because on the clutch side a lot of the heat is going into the handlebar.
As stated in the summary line, these work well, but I think there are probably better products on the market. A friend of mine has the Bikemaster heated grips and they just look cleaner. Also, those units have the full plastic sleeve under them (between the heater element and the handlebar) that makes them more efficient (more heat into your hands, less into the bar), also, the BM set comes with grips.
over 2 years ago
The install can be a bit difficult as for me I had to remove most of my fairings just to get access to the wires that need to be tapped into. I lost the instructions and thought it was nice to see they list them online.
As for the wiring I tapped into my High Beam Headlights wiring. This was the best option from what I could find on my bike as it is an off/on switch, and tapping into your running lights could drain your battery if you forgot to turn the heated grip switch off.
It's a pretty involved process if you want a clean install. I don't like things looking ghetto on my bike so I gave myself a full day to do it right, and it took about 6 hours start to finish. That includes doing some research into what wire to tap into, lunch, running to home depot, and getting a clean look.
I've seen others cut holes into their fairings, or plastics to mount the switch, but doing so looked out of place, and the end result was a switch that wasn't in arms reach rendering it dangerous as well. I just popped the switch into the included bracket, and mounted it to my handlebars with the clutch housing screw. Yes you can see the direct wiring connections, but in my opinion it looks good, and I can hit it on/off without removing my hand from the bars. Having some mesh wire loom will definitely help for the finished look.
I definitely recommend these heated grips, it also comes with an extra heating pad in case one shorts out or breaks over time.
As far as the heat they provide... I would say on High it feels like you're holding a cup of hot coffee. It's definitely great at taking the edge off, and I found the grips to heat up quickly under two minutes or so. For $54 it's worth every penny. I'll be installing these on every bike I own from here on out.
over 2 years ago