Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
Progressive Suspension 444 Series FST Shocks For Harley Touring
After more than a decade of ruling the roads with the road proven shocks, Progressive Suspension unveiled another breakthrough design. Dubbed Frequency Sensing Technology (FST) for its unique ability to dynamically adjust damping as you ride. The result is superior performance no matter the road conditions. A top mount threaded preload adjuster allows for fine tuning with a simple twist of the cap.
- Frequency Sensing Technology (FST) allows the shocks to sense the frequency of a bump and automatically adjust damping for superior ride quality
- Adjust spring pre-load by hand - no special tool needed
- Progressive-rate spring
- Deflective disc valving
- Sold as a pair
- Made in USA
- Depending on model, your stock shock length is 12" to 13"
- Shock lengths are measured fully extended, eyelet to eyelet on centers
- A change in height at one end of the bike may require a change at the other
- Changing ride height can potentially change the trail and mechanical trail
- Heavy Duty shocks are recommended for bikes operated at or near the OEM maximum load rating over 50% of the time
- Super Duty shocks are recommended for bikes operating with over 350lbs of rider, passenger and excess weight
- Prior to purchasing shocks that are different than your OEM length, please verify that wheel and suspension travel can be altered without causing clearance issues to the swingarm, axle, frame, tire, fender, chain/belt and guard, and exhaust
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Standard 11 1/2" / Black||RevZilla Item #899797||MFR. Product #444-4059B||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Standard 11 1/2" / Chrome||RevZilla Item #899798||MFR. Product #444-4059C||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Standard 12" / Black||RevZilla Item #899801||MFR. Product #444-4061B||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Standard 12" / Chrome||RevZilla Item #899802||MFR. Product #444-4061C||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Standard 12 1/2" / Black||RevZilla Item #899744||MFR. Product #444-4001B||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Standard 12 1/2" / Chrome||RevZilla Item #899745||MFR. Product #444-4001C||AvailabilityAvailable: Requires 3-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Product Style Standard 13" / Black||RevZilla Item #899746||MFR. Product #444-4002B||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Standard 13" / Chrome||RevZilla Item #899747||MFR. Product #444-4002C||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
|Product Style Standard 13 1/2" / Chrome||RevZilla Item #899748||MFR. Product #444-4003C||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Black / Heavy Duty 11 1/2"||RevZilla Item #899799||MFR. Product #444-4060B||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Heavy Duty 11 1/2" / Chrome||RevZilla Item #899800||MFR. Product #444-4060C||AvailabilityOnly 3 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Black / Heavy Duty 12"||RevZilla Item #899795||MFR. Product #444-4058B||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Heavy Duty 12" / Chrome||RevZilla Item #899796||MFR. Product #444-4058C||AvailabilityAvailable: Requires 3-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Product Style Black / Heavy Duty 12 1/2"||RevZilla Item #899761||MFR. Product #444-4019B||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Heavy Duty 12 1/2" / Chrome||RevZilla Item #899762||MFR. Product #444-4019C||AvailabilityOnly 3 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Black / Heavy Duty 13"||RevZilla Item #899763||MFR. Product #444-4020B||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Heavy Duty 13" / Chrome||RevZilla Item #899764||MFR. Product #444-4020C||AvailabilityAvailable: Requires 3-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Product Style Black / Heavy Duty 13 1/2"||RevZilla Item #899765||MFR. Product #444-4021B||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Chrome / Heavy Duty 13 1/2"||RevZilla Item #899766||MFR. Product #444-4021C||AvailabilityAvailable: Requires 3-5 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Product Style Black / Super Duty 13"||RevZilla Item #1209374||MFR. Product #444-4076B||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Black / Super Duty 13 1/2"||RevZilla Item #1209375||MFR. Product #444-4077B||AvailabilityAvailable: Requires 1-3 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
- Harley Davidson
- Electra Glide Classic FLHTC/I 1984-2013
- Electra Glide Special FLHX 1984
- Electra Glide Sport FLHS 1984-1993
- Electra Glide Standard FLHT/I 1984-2009
- Electra Glide Ultra Classic FLHTCU/I 1987-2018
- Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low FLHTCUL 2015, 2016
- Electra Glide Ultra Limited FLHTK 2010-2018
- Electra Glide Ultra Limited Low FLHTKL 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- FLH 1984, 1985
- Road Glide Custom FLTRX 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Road Glide FLTR/I 1998-2009
- Road Glide FLTRX 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Road Glide Special FLTRXS 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Road Glide Ultra FLTRU 2011-2018
- Road King Classic FLHRC/I 1994-2013
- Road King Custom FLHRS/I 1995-2012
- Road King FLHR/I 1994-2018
- Road King Special FLHRXS 2017, 2018
- Street Glide FLHX/I 2006-2018
- Street Glide Special FLHXS 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Tour Glide Classic FLTC/I 1984-1991
- Tour Glide FLT 1984-1991
- Tour Glide Ultra Classic FLTCU/I 1989-1995
- Harley Davidson
- Dyna Convertible FXDS 1994-2000
- Dyna Fat Bob FXDF 2008-2017
- Dyna Glide Custom FXDC 1992
- Dyna Glide Daytona FXDB-D 1992
- Dyna Glide Sturgis FXDB-S 1991
- Dyna Low Rider FXDL/I 1993-2017
- Dyna Low Rider S FXDLS 2016-2017
- Dyna Street Bob FXDB/I 2006-2017
- Dyna Super Glide Custom FXDC/I 2005-2014
- Dyna Super Glide FXD/I 1995-2010
- Dyna Super Glide Sport FXDX 1999-2005
- Dyna Super Glide Sport Touring FXDXT 2001-2003
- Dyna Switchback FLD 2012-2016
- Dyna Wide Glide FXDWG/I 1993-2017
- Freewheeler FLRT 2015-2018
- Low Glide/Low Rider FXRS 1987-1993
- Low Rider Chrome FXRC 1987-1988
- Low Rider Sport FXRS-SP 1987-1993
- Night Rod Special VRSCDX 2007-2017
- Night Rod VRSCD 2006
- Night Rod VRSCD 2007-2008
- Sport Glide FXRT 1987-1992
- Sportster Custom XL1200C 1996-2018
- Sportster Custom XL883C 1998-2009
- Sportster Deluxe XLH883DLX 1989-1992
- Sportster Forty-Eight Special XL1200XS 2018
- Sportster Forty-Eight XL1200X 2010-2018
- Sportster Hugger XLH883HUG 1988-2003
- Sportster Iron XL1200NS 2018
- Sportster Iron XL883N 2009-2018
- Sportster Low/SuperLow XL883L 2005-2018
- Sportster Low XL1200L 2006-2011
- Sportster Nightster XL1200N 2007-2012
- Sportster Roadster XL1200CX 2016-2018
- Sportster Roadster XL1200R 2004-2008
- Sportster Roadster XL883R 2002-2012
- Sportster Seventy-Two XL1200V 2012-2016
- Sportster Sport XL1200S 1996-2003
- Sportster SuperLow XL1200T 2014-2017
- Sportster XL883 2004-2009
- Sportster XLH1100 1986-1988
- Sportster XLH1200 1988-2003
- Sportster XLH883 1986-2003
- Street Glide Trike FLHXXX 2010-2011
- Tri Glide Ultra Classic FLHTCUTG 2009-2018
- V-Rod Muscle VRSCF 2009-2017
- V-Rod VRSCA 2002-2006
- V-Rod VRSCAW 2007-2010
- V-Rod VRSCB 2004-2005
- V-Rod VRSCX 2007
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Reviews & Questions
Since I am 6'7" tall, my intention was not lowering my ride height with the Progressive shocks. To the opposite, I would like to increase my rear suspension travel a bit. I ride solo most of the time. As you may have noticed, the product information page reads “Heavy Duty shocks are recommended for bikes operated at or near the OEM maximum load rating over 50% of the time”. In view of this advice, I was inclined to buy the 444’s with standard springs. However, after exchanging a few e-mails with Progressive Suspension, I opted for the heavy duty springs. I got prompt replies and good advice. They recommend heavy duty springs for individual riders weighting 250+ pounds. I weigh 245 pounds and I carry about 25 pounds of stuff at all times in my saddlebags. Therefore, at least 270 pounds are always on board. I also consulted them on their 13.5” shocks, because my OEM shock size is 13”. They wrote: “you are not losing any sort of performance or hindering the capabilities of the bike with that half inch. If anything, just adding a bit more travel and comfortability”.
Revzilla shipped my order immediately. I installed my 13.5” heavy duty 444’s today. Installation was easy but if you also opt for the 13.5”, do not expect bolt-on installation in the strictest sense of the word. With OEM shocks removed and the bike on jack, the rear wheel did not drop low enough for the eyes of the 444’s to readily align. The rear wheel axle nut hit my Screaming Eagle Street Cannon slip-on, preventing further wheel drop. This was not a big deal though. Not even a deal at all, provided that the retaining screws of the slip-on are removed. This gave me enough clearance and my new shocks fitted nicely and trouble free. The provided bushings and washers were spot on.
I could not see the reference marks on the shocks, as shown at the instructions sheet. I made my own marks with a Dremel. With zero pre-Ioad adjustment (collars fully to the minimum), suspension sag with me on the bike and my usual stuff in the saddlebags exceeded 2”. Instructions call for 1” so I tightened the collars. After 6 full turns, sag dropped to 1.5”. My inner voice told me to test ride before proceeding.
The ride was not particularly plush but nothing like harsh, either. I went to bumpy roads that I am familiar with. I crossed patches and undulations where my OEM shocks were occasionally and slightly bottoming out at their optimal setting. The 444’s did not bottom at all. Not even once. Not even slightly. I stopped, I removed my saddlebags and I returned to zero pre-load to see how much or how hard they would bottom. To my surprise, bottoming was occasional and slight. This was comparable to the optimal setting of my OEM air shocks. I knew that at this setting of my 444’s (no pre-load), sag was in excess of 2”. I tried 3 full turns. This resulted in a bit more comfortable ride, again without any bottoming at all. I left the pre-load adjusters as they are, for now. I need to ride more, under different conditions, to find their “sweetest spot”. On the other hand, I know that I will be able to ride comfortably without bottoming, because I already am. The rear end appeared to be reassuringly planted in a few sharp curves. I will further test this on fast sweepers before finalizing my setup. This “sweetest spot” will be my solo setting. I will note it down for easy re-adjustment after a two-up tour. I think two-up will require maximum pre-load but I shall see. Once I know my final solo and two-up settings, the mission will be accomplished. I will no longer be obsessed with suspensions settings and maintenance. I will no longer have to resort to my suspension air pump every so often.
This is what I was expecting from Progressive 444 shocks before buying them. I am already confident that they fit the bill. Longevity is another matter. Only time and miles will tell. However, lifetime warranty must be suggestive of robustness. Or, so I hope.
Additionally, these super heavy duty springs are really new and there's not much info out there but I had run Progressive 440's in the past and was super happy. I run 2 up 70% of the time doing long distance rides and loaded down were probably 500-525 range? These shocks have no problem makin that ass end fell nice and secure, no more side shifting.
Kudos to RevZilla they have become my new online retailer and mmm would def. recommend these heavy duty Progressive 444's.
1 year ago
1 year ago