Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
RevZilla will match any advertised price on new merchandise available through another authorized U.S. dealer.Price Match Policy
The ZillaCash rewards program is very straightforward - if you have a RevZilla account, you may already be taking advantage of ZillaCash rewards. Review the following guidelines to see how easy it is to maximize your rewards and put your ZillaCash to work for you.
- Earn and redeem ZillaCash credit automatically with each order - no fine print, no strings attached, and no hoops to jump through to cash in.
- All you need is a RevZilla account to start earning - Simply log in each time you shop with RevZilla and we’ll take care of the rest, keeping more money in your pocket just for shopping with us.
- Earn $5 for Each $100 You Spend on eligible products - up to a maximum of $30 ZillaCash per order for orders totaling $600 or more. Any ZillaCash you earn is automatically applied to the next purchase, so you can sit back, enjoy the ride and feel the savings blow through your hair.
Extended Holiday Returns
Any items purchased on, or after, November 1, 2017 have had their accepted return window extended until January 31st, 2018.Extended Returns Policy
Looking for a deal?
Give us a call and one of our Gear Geeks will help you get the right deal for you and yours.
Sorry, we’re closed Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 23.
|Monday - Friday:||9AM - 8PM ET|
|Saturday:||10AM - 6PM ET|
|Sunday:||11AM - 7PM ET|
Progressive Suspension 422 Series Shocks W/ RAP For Harley Softail
The Softail chassis has long been a challenge since the shocks are hidden under the frame which makes common adjustments difficult. The RAP (Remote Adjustable Preload) system allows for easy tuning of the shocks to account for changing loads or the addition of a passenger and is conveniently located behind the left passenger peg. Simply turn the knob in either direction to set the spring pre-load so you can tune your suspension to match your riding style. A pair of progressive-rate coil springs and purpose-designed mono-tube dampers provide superior suspension performance. Dampers feature a nitrogen charge that eliminates internal oil cavitation and helps create a consistent ride while resisting heat-induced fade.
- Heavy Duty shocks are recommended for bikes operated at or near the OEM maximum load rating over 50% of the time
- Shocks feature a show chrome cover
- Made in the USA
- Sold in pairs
Note: Before you install shocks that are different than the OEM length, confirm that your wheel travel can be altered without causing clearance issues such as, swingarm/axle to exhaust contact as well as chain/belt guard or tire contact.
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Standard / Chrome||RevZilla Item #1036550||MFR. Product #422-4104C||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships next business day|
|Product Style Chrome / Heavy Duty||RevZilla Item #899817||MFR. Product #422-4102C||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships next business day|
- Harley Davidson
- Softail Blackline FXS 2011, 2012, 2013
- Softail Breakout FXSB 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Softail Cross Bones Springer FLSTSB 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Softail Custom FXSTC/I 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Softail Custom/Nostalgia/Special/Deluxe FLSTN/I 2005-2017
- Softail Deuce FXSTD/I 2000-2007
- Softail Fat Boy FLSTF/I 2000-2017
- Softail Fat Boy Lo FLSTFB 2009-2016
- Softail Fat Boy S FLSTFBS 2016, 2017
- Softail Heritage Classic FLSTC/I 2000-2017
- Softail Heritage FLST/I 2006
- Softail Heritage Springer FLSTS/I 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
- Softail Night Train FXSTB/I 2000-2009
- Softail Slim FLS 2012-2017
- Softail Slim S FLSS 2016, 2017
- Softail Springer Classic FLSTSC/I 2005, 2006, 2007
- Softail Springer FXSTS/I 2000-2006
- Softail Standard FXST/I 2000-2012
- Harley Davidson
- Softail Bad Boy Springer FXSTSB 1995-1997
- Softail Custom FXSTC/I 1989-1999
- Softail Custom/Nostalgia/Special/Deluxe FLSTN/I 1993-1996
- Softail Deuce FXSTD/I 1999
- Softail Fat Boy FLSTF/I 1990-1999
- Softail Heritage Classic FLSTC/I 1989-1999
- Softail Heritage FLST/I 1989-1990
- Softail Heritage Springer FLSTS/I 1997-1999
- Softail Night Train FXSTB/I 1999
- Softail Springer FXSTS/I 1989-1999
- Softail Standard FXST/I 1989-1999
Orders $39.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. Click Here for FREE Shipping Terms and Conditions.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
We show real-time availability on this product page when you select the size/color item you want. Most items will ship the same business day an order is placed,however if an item requires additional processing time a message will be shown indicating such.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Reviews & Questions
Let's start the overall review with, I'm 5'11, 185 and don't ride 2 up. Bike is a Harley Softail Slim
Over the past year I've run the bike with the original shocks, a 'Shotgun Shock' and now running on the 442 standard spring. When I was looking for something softer than the OEM shocks I had to give the air ride system of the 'Shotgun Shock' a try. Though this has an incredible ride the slow air leak of 2 units (I had the first one replaced but ran into the same issue) caused concern and I moved to the 442's.
I ended up running into two real issues with the 'Shotgun Shock'. The main being the slow leak of air which would cause the shock to soften and then bottom out while riding. It would take a few hours before this became real noticeable while riding as well as each morning I would be required to readjust the shock because of the leak. At first I was living with this, after all the air ride is amazing and the look of the bike 'slammed' when parked was sweet. This brings me to the second issue, the slowing failing switches. On a 1600 mile trip I started having what seemed to be a short in the switches. This meant I had to hit the switch a few times before the compressor would engage. Considering the shock was leaking and the possibility of not being able to raise the shock was real, I just couldn't continue using the product. This is when I moved to the 442s.
While waiting for the springs in my 442s to be swapped I decided to go back to the OEM shocks. These aren't bad but my rear would get tired quickly. Once I received the newly springed shocks I put them on (pretty easy) and once I started riding I found I got twice the ride time before getting tired when comparing the OEMs. As for the difference in the 442s and the air ride, well I would say the air ride allowed for 3 times the ride before getting tired with the OEMs.
The 442s are excellent and at half the cost of the air ride unit and no worries it's perfect. Sure it's not riding on a cloud but it's far better than stock and without any more worries, I can focus on the ride.
If you're not sure about these shocks you shouldn't be, get them, your rear will thank you.