G2 Throttle Tamer Ducati Scrambler
G2's challenge was to improve control of over-responsive power characteristics of most fuel injected motorcycles. Their solution is the throttle tamer.
The Throttle Tamer incorporates a non-linear ratio between hand throttle rotation and carburetor or throttle body opening. The “pulley”, or as they call it, “cam” pulls the throttle cable as the rider rotates the grip/tube. By altering the conventional, circular shaped cam, a vast improvement in control is achieved.
The Throttle Tamer has a cam with a reduced radius initially, which requires a slightly farther rotation to achieve the same carburetor or throttle body opening position as a stock throttle. This virtually eliminates the jerky “throttle snatch” especially evident in modern fuel injected street bikes. The radius increases or “ramps up” after ½ throttle to keep overall rotation required to reach full throttle at or near stock rotation.
- Machined from 6061 aluminum in the USA!
- Self-lubricating Delrin bushings at each end of tube eliminate aluminum-to-aluminum contact and provide an ultra-smooth feel
- Included cam is removable and can be replaced with alternate cams (sold separately) to fine tune control
- Fits inside the stock throttle housing to stock cables
- Works with all known aftermarket cruise controls
- Slide your grip unto the Throttle Tamer
Note: Image for reference only. Actual G2 Throttle Tamer may vary depending on your bike's make and model.
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style G2 Throttle Tamer Ducati Scrambler 2017-2020||RevZilla Item #1758286||MFR. Product #40-7X-2STR||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
- Scrambler Cafe Racer 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Scrambler Classic 2017, 2018
- Scrambler Desert Sled 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Scrambler Flat Track Pro 2017
- Scrambler Full Throttle 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Scrambler Icon 2017, 2018, 2019
- Scrambler Sixty2 62 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Scrambler Street Classic 2018
- Scrambler Urban Enduro 2017