Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
RevZilla will match any advertised price on new merchandise available through another authorized U.S. dealer.Price Match Policy
The ZillaCash rewards program is very straightforward - if you have a RevZilla account, you may already be taking advantage of ZillaCash rewards. Review the following guidelines to see how easy it is to maximize your rewards and put your ZillaCash to work for you.
- Earn and redeem ZillaCash credit automatically with each order - no fine print, no strings attached, and no hoops to jump through to cash in.
- All you need is a RevZilla account to start earning - Simply log in each time you shop with RevZilla and we’ll take care of the rest, keeping more money in your pocket just for shopping with us.
- Earn $5 for Each $100 You Spend on eligible products - up to a maximum of $30 ZillaCash per order for orders totaling $600 or more. Any ZillaCash you earn is automatically applied to the next purchase, so you can sit back, enjoy the ride and feel the savings blow through your hair.
Alpinestars Vapor Knee Guards
The CE certified Alpinestars Vapor Knee Guards are designed to follow the natural curve of your knee, providing articulated protection for dynamic comfort while riding. Light weight and ultra breathable, the Vapor Knee Guards are the perfect addition to your off-road riding kit.
- CE certified protection systems utilizing robust protective structures and impact absorption padding
- Thermo-formed polymer material construction offers improved impact performance
- Highly ergonomic design improves streamlining while providing crucial protection for MX and off-road riding
- Asymmetrical and lightweight ergonomic panel construction offers extended protection surfaces to reduce rotation
- Intelligent fastening systems offer greater flexibility, customization and prevent side rotation
- Dual strap closure system on Knee Protectors are specially designed to offer more comfort and adjustment
- Top strap mounted above the knee and lower strap positioned for ergonomic fit
- Advanced 3D poly padding for increased comfort and a close-fitting performance
- Vented panels and advanced microfibers give comfort to the rider, preventing heat build-up while maintaining tactile contact with skin
- Creative silicone printed graphic pattern
- Sold in pairs
- SM/MD: 8-10MM knee width
- LG/XL: 10-12MM knee width
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Black / LG-XL||RevZilla Item #844092||MFR. Product #6502313-1001LXL||AvailabilityAvailable: Requires 1-3 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Product Style Black / SM-MD||RevZilla Item #1214593||MFR. Product #6502316106-SM||AvailabilityAvailable: Requires 1-3 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
Orders $39.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. Click Here for FREE Shipping Terms and Conditions.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
We show real-time availability on this product page when you select the size/color item you want. Most items will ship the same business day an order is placed,however if an item requires additional processing time a message will be shown indicating such.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Reviews & Questions
1) The square plastic loop through which the calf-strap is fed nearly always rotates lengthwise while the knee guard is worn - which narrows and bunches the strap at that contact point. *See pic.
2) The knee-cup liner material is soft to the touch, however after more than an hour riding I feel a friction burn on my knee. I will remedy this by further lining it with fleece.
I suspect that at 5'9" & 185 lbs, had I opted for size M/L instead of L/XL I may not be experiencing one issue or the other.
My problem with them comes in the straps. I tried wearing them with shorts, but the velcro against the leg was too scratchy. And after only about 5 times of using these, the hook on the shin strap moves around causing the strap to loosen and for the pad to slide down my leg. If I get off the bike and walk 20ft (into the store and back) the knee pad will practically be around my ankle.
These knee guards are great around town over my Drayko jeans (they also fit under) but I would use them on longer rides, too, had I not built-in knee pads in my motorcycle pants.
The Icon Stryker and Fox Titan Pro knee guards were way too bulky. The Titan Pro also are not CE approved unlike the Icon or Alpinestars. Being the most expensive one of the four by far, the Icon Stryker lack a strap above the knee which makes me wonder how well they would stay in place in a crash or when riding long distances.
It didn't take long before I knew the Alpinestars Vapor are the winner for my type of riding and they're also the least bulky. If I wear them over jeans, I can just throw them in a small backpack when walking around town. But they are also comfortable enough to leave on when walking if you don't mind the looks.
The plastic knee protector feels solid and I like the additional shin protection. Also liked the price I paid for them.
Cons (remember these are priced pretty low compard to the competition)
moves around on rides
could use more padding
with that said, I will be upgrading from these in the future - possibly the icon stryker or dainese. I'd like an articulating knee guard for more mobility. Also would like a little more padding.
Quick Tip - I wear these over some long jons then jeans ontop. helps keep them stable.
A couple of people mentioned they are "low profile" and fit "great under work pants or jeans." NOPE - I disagree. I wore these under my relaxed-fit Levis and they are totally noticeable and uncomfortable. But they are great to just wear on top of the jeans/pants and get rolling, that keeps me comfortable and safe.
Otherwise it's a simple, cheap, effective pair. True to size. They are L/R specific (asymmetric), designed to give a bit more coverage to the outer sides. One more thing - I like to wear them rotated outwards a bit (see pics) so they cover even more of the outer calves and knee joints.
I got the LG-XL - I'm 5"9" 150 lbs - that's correct for me.
What you don't get is:
3 straps - the bottom of the pad close to your ankle pushes out when the knee is bent unless you have them tucked into motocross boots. I'm wearing an 8" work boot, so that's a no-go for me.
Maybe if the lower pad was a bit longer. w/another strap.
Maybe if you were wearing skinny jeans that would not be as noticeable - have not tried that yet.
Although the knee pad strap is above the knee, is still rides down behind your knee and can be a small irritant.
Still, a very good bargain and better than no knee armor, or built-in pads that sit below the knee.
The main issue is with the lower strap. The buckle ends up turning in it's strap which loosens the guard. While riding this isn't a huge problem but gets worse once you get off the bike. They should have designed the buckles in order to prevent them from turning. That would have made the product so much better and I would feel confident in recommending them to anyone. The current design is poor and seems as if they cheapened out on the fastening hardware.
My solutions has just been to tighten them a bit more than I would like as it helps prevent the loosen becoming too much of issue when the buckle rotates.
I would not recommend them to anyone based on the fact that there appears to be so many different knee guard options and to recommend these would be silly. I have not returned them as I don't think the issue is annoying enough to go through the hassle, but I certainly would not repurchase them and advise others to look for a better product.