Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
RevZilla will match any advertised price on new merchandise available through another authorized U.S. dealer.Price Match Policy
The ZillaCash rewards program is very straightforward - if you have a RevZilla account, you may already be taking advantage of ZillaCash rewards. Review the following guidelines to see how easy it is to maximize your rewards and put your ZillaCash to work for you.
- Earn and redeem ZillaCash credit automatically with each order - no fine print, no strings attached, and no hoops to jump through to cash in.
- All you need is a RevZilla account to start earning - Simply log in each time you shop with RevZilla and we’ll take care of the rest, keeping more money in your pocket just for shopping with us.
- Earn $5 for Each $100 You Spend on eligible products - up to a maximum of $30 ZillaCash per order for orders totaling $600 or more. Any ZillaCash you earn is automatically applied to the next purchase, so you can sit back, enjoy the ride and feel the savings blow through your hair.
Sena SMH5 Bluetooth Headset - Universal Mic
The SMH5 is a Bluetooth v3.0 Stereo Headset with Bluetooth Intercom designed speciﬁcally for motorcycles. With the SMH5, you can call hands-free on your Bluetooth mobile phone, listen to stereo music or voice instructions of GPS navigation by Bluetooth wirelessly, and have two-way intercom conversations in full duplex with a passenger or other motorcycle riders.
Thanks to the latest Bluetooth v3.0 and the advanced digital processing technology, the SMH5 offers the best sound quality for both incoming and outgoing sound in its class. Also, the easy-to-access and intuitive button operations make the SMH5 a perfect companion for motorcycles.
- Universal Intercom: Allows allows pairing to another brands of Bluetooth headsets
- Bluetooth Specification v3.0
- Bluetooth Intercom up to 400 meters (430 yards) (in open terrain)
- Multi-Pair Bluetooth intercom
- Bluetooth stereo headset by A2DP
- Bluetooth music playback control by AVRCP: play, pause, track forward and track back
- Easy operation by versatile Jog Dial
- Sufficient sound level with integrated audio booster
- Bluetooth hands-free for Bluetooth mobile phones
- Bluetooth headset or stereo headset for Bluetooth
- Includes SMH5 Upgraded Speakers With Locking-Type Connector
- GPS navigation
- Water resistant for use in inclement weather
- Crystal clear and natural sound quality
- Up to 8 hours talk time, 7 days stand-by time
- Can be used while charging on road trips
- Individual volume control for each audio source
- CE, FCC, TELEC and IC Certified
- Includes both wired and boom microphones
- Firmware Upgradeable
- Peace of mind - thanks to the 2-year warranty
- Talk time: 8 hours
- Standby time: 7 days
- Working distance (Intercom): up to 400 meters (430 yards) in open terrain
- Operating temperature: -10°C ~ 55°
- Headset Dimensions: 69.9 mm x 45.0 mm x 30.6 mm
- Clamp unit Dimensions: 49.2 mm x 38.9 mm x 22.1 mm
- Profiles: Headset Profile, Hand-Free Profile (HFP), Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Bluetooth v3.0
- Advanced Noise Control: Improved wind and engine noise reduction
- Sidetone: Now you can hear yourself talk similar to a Goldwing or Harley Davidson intercom
- Built-in SBC Codec
- Noise cancellation
- Wind noise reduction
- Wide volume control
- Sample rate: 48kHz (DAC)
- Lithium polymer battery
- Charging time: 2.5 hours
- Communication unit
- Clamp mount
- Surface mount
- Wired microphone
- USB power cable
- Microphone sponge
- VELCRO® brand closures pads for speakers
- VELCRO® brand closures pad for boom mic
- Hex key
Please Note: Some of the above features require updating to the latest firmware version. The firmware is a free download from Sena Technologies.
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Sena SMH5 Bluetooth Headset - Universal Mic||RevZilla Item #1056789||MFR. Product #SMH5-UNIV||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships next business day|
Orders $39.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. Click Here for FREE Shipping Terms and Conditions.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
We show real-time availability on this product page when you select the size/color item you want. Most items will ship the same business day an order is placed,however if an item requires additional processing time a message will be shown indicating such.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Reviews & Questions
My helmet has a built-in sunscreen with a control slider on the bottom edge of the left side, I had wanted to use the clamp system (supplied) for the SMH5 main unit mount, but because of this slider, I went with the included stick-on mount instead (for now).
Cable length for the speakers and mic were plenty long enough, but my helmet has a spring-steel mounted padded neck roll, so I ended up having to punch a small hole thru the leather of the neck roll to get the wiring inside the helmet. It looks good, so I'm happy.
I took the SMH5 out of the box, played with it, hooked it up to my PC, and downloaded the latest firmware from Sena, really easy process. AFter doing factory reset of the unit after updating it, it connected via Bluetooth to my Android phone on the first try! Hurrah!
As a lifelong musician, I know that the most life-like bass is provided by large speakers - 18" woofers are best, so I knew going in that the bass would be weak - but I have an EQ app on my phone, and made a preset EQ setting to crank me up some bass.
While riding both city and highway, the sound was good, even though the volume faded a bit at hiway speeds - most of that I attributed to wind noise in this helmet. At max volume, the speakers just reached the edge of distortion. I wish it had more volume, but as an electrical engineer, and knowing how small the speakers are, I know there's a limit on this (both available power in the unit, and the specs of the speakers), so I'm ok with it.
Before riding, I walked around my yard and out to the street wearing the helmet while my phone was on my coffee table, and it never once lost comms, and sounded great.
The package included both a boom mic and a wired mic, but because my helmet face flips up, I didn't want to use the wired mic, with half it's cable hanging with the face up, so I used the boom mic, and got it placed perfectly.
I called a buddy on my Android phone, and he never knew I was talking thru my helmet system, he thought I was just talking out my *ss as normal - LOL.
People have asked how many riders can be paired with this intercom system - per the manual, you (the rider) plus 3 friends, total of 4 people.So if you rode 2 up, and a friend also rode 2 up, all 4 of you can chat while riding.
See my photos above for some install pix, and how it looks.
1 year ago
Using it for phone calls, I have yet to talk to someone who could tell I was on a motorcycle. I can hear them clearly as well.
The controls are simple however, sometimes when I turn my head I will accidentally pressing the round button activating my intercom.
The only issue is that sometimes I have to stain to hear some podcasts, though that might be more of a podcast issue than a speaker issue.
I am super impressed with how easy setup and navigation is with this little device. I made a few calls without telling anyone where I was calling from and not a single person knew. It must be super clear and quiet because my friends would certainly say something if anything was amiss. For less than $100 you can finally be in the communications market.
I wish this had been my first purchase.
10 months ago
9 months ago
11 months ago
4 months ago
9 months ago
11 months ago
In theory, if at least 2 people in your group are using more sophisticated Sena products (e.g SMH10R) , it should be possible to activate intercoms between an SMH5 and an SMH10R, then intercom another SMH5 and the other SMH10R, then conference the two SMH10R units together to get up to 4 people into the conference. (Haven't tried yet to confirm). But an SMH10R cannot conference directly with two SMH5 units simultaneously.