Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
RevZilla will match any advertised price on new merchandise available through another authorized U.S. dealer.Price Match Policy
The ZillaCash rewards program is very straightforward - if you have a RevZilla account, you may already be taking advantage of ZillaCash rewards. Review the following guidelines to see how easy it is to maximize your rewards and put your ZillaCash to work for you.
- Earn and redeem ZillaCash credit automatically with each order - no fine print, no strings attached, and no hoops to jump through to cash in.
- All you need is a RevZilla account to start earning - Simply log in each time you shop with RevZilla and we’ll take care of the rest, keeping more money in your pocket just for shopping with us.
- Earn $5 for Each $100 You Spend on eligible products - up to a maximum of $30 ZillaCash per order for orders totaling $600 or more. Any ZillaCash you earn is automatically applied to the next purchase, so you can sit back, enjoy the ride and feel the savings blow through your hair.
Extended Holiday Returns
Any items purchased on, or after, November 1, 2017 have had their accepted return window extended until January 31st, 2018.Extended Returns Policy
Looking for a deal?
Give us a call and one of our Gear Geeks will help you get the right deal for you and yours.
Sorry, we’re closed Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 23.
|Monday - Friday:||9AM - 8PM ET|
|Saturday:||10AM - 6PM ET|
|Sunday:||11AM - 7PM ET|
Rukka Merlin Leather Jacket
The advantages of leather combined with waterproofness - leather for every weather. Constructed of highly breathable, hydrophobic leather that prevents the jacket from getting wet. Pairs perfectly with the Rukka Merlin Pants.
- Gore-Tex Pro Shell 3 layer leather laminate is 100% waterproof, 100% windproof, durable and breathable
- 1.2mm highly breathable, hydrophobic bovine leather prevents the jacket from getting wet
- TFL Cool Leather system reduces the surface temperature of black leather significantly when exposed to sun radiation
- TFL Cool Leather improves thermal comfort and helps prevent premature fading
- 3M reflectors
- Elastic Gore-Tex stretch panels offer added comfort
- RVP Air Protectors at the elbows and shoulders (included)
- RVP Air Back Pad at the back (included)
- RVP Air Protectors are extremely breathable, very light weight and distribute the impact better than hard protectors
- RVP Air Protectors meet the requirements of CE Norm prEN 1621-1 2010
- Detachable bodywarmer vest thermal liner with 60g insulation
- Detachable 3 layer Gore-Tex collar
- Zippers at sleeve openings
- Jacket and trousers have connecting zippers
- Jacket has 2 pockets in front, 1 pocket under the front list and two waterproof pockets inside on lining
- The Rukka warranty is valid for 5 (five) years from the date of purchase against faults in material or workmanship
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Black/Black / 52||RevZilla Item #833922||MFR. Product #79202-727-990-52||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
|Product Style Black/Black / 54||RevZilla Item #834259||MFR. Product #79202-727-990-54||AvailabilityOnly 3 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Black/Black / 56||RevZilla Item #834260||MFR. Product #79202-727-990-56||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
|Product Style Black/Black / 58||RevZilla Item #834261||MFR. Product #79202-727-990-58||AvailabilityOnly 1 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Black/Black / 60||RevZilla Item #834262||MFR. Product #79202-727-990-60||AvailabilityOnly 1 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
Orders $39.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. Click Here for FREE Shipping Terms and Conditions.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
We show real-time availability on this product page when you select the size/color item you want. Most items will ship the same business day an order is placed,however if an item requires additional processing time a message will be shown indicating such.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Reviews & Questions
The Rukka Merlin Jacket:
1. DAMNED this thing looks GOOD!!!! I almost hated to part with it, due to it just being a SLEEK and SEXY thing of beauty-DAMNED it looks SOOooooooo GOOD...
2. I ordered a size 56 and normally wear a 43/44 chest. It was a bit big, I think you might want to go down a size. The sleeves are PERFECT for any type of glove fitting under the cuff,but a gauntlet will not fit over it. I tried several type-NO GO!
3. This Jacket is made in Vietnam,NOT in Finland or Portugal. I also own two other suits, which are also made in Vietnam. The two are virtually IDENTICAL,but HALF the price as the Merlin.
4. The Rukka Merlin is a fall/winter jacket to me, and that's due-in-part to the cores lack of perforation/ventilation. In temps above 80F and in stop-n-go traffic you'll bake.
5. The liner is cheap and flimsy for a jacket at this price range.
In the winter,IMHO you'll FREEZE your buns off without a heated vest. The 'Neck Gaiter' is a cute idea,but it's flimsy also.
6. The Armor isn't as BEEFY as I thought it would be,especially at this end of the price spectrum.
7. This jacket isn't very functional to me,due to it's wacky zip-from-the-left zipper system.You actually have to focus on lining it all up(Red-inner/Black-outer)or it's easy to start them(zippers) off-track. The zippers throughout this jacket and on the 'Neck Gaiter' are really a disappointment. I think that may be to me having something to compare it to that's half the price. The zippers on my other suit are FAR more superior IMO. This is a TRUE 'Deal Breaker' for me.
I expected MUCH more in the 'Quality' and 'Functionality' department from a jacket at this end of the price spectrum.Not worth the money to me.
I bought the jacket and pants last year and love it more every day. I have ridden through downpours and below freezing temperatures for long periods. It is great.
Waterproof, super comfortable, and versatile. I have gone from 25-85 degrees over the course of a day and never felt ill equipped.
The jacket gets a lot of compliements - it looks tailored. Fit is true to size. I have a 44-46 chest with broad shoulders and went with the 56. No regrets.
I have a 35 waist and went with the 52 pants and have plenty of waist if the holidays take their toll. Inseam is 34 and the length is great.
I also have their summer gear and love it for extreme texas heat.
it's leather, so i feel totally safe, and it's waterproof, so i can wear it anytime. it's got insulation, so i can wear it in the winter. and it's amazingly breathable -- how's that? it's waterproof? i don't know, but it rules -- so you can remove the liner and ride in the summer.
yes, it is amazingly expensive. i thought about only giving it four stars because of that, but then i realized, this could have been the only jacket i ever bought, i could have saved the money on all of the others (six? seven? in 15 years) and so it would be worth it.
the only drawback besides the price is the stiffness -- it's not *quite* as comfy as my plush dainese d1 or my crashed out alpinestars celer, but it is breaking in over time (i've had it all winter, but just started riding in earnest). let me put it this way, it stands up in the corner on its own, but i wouldn't be scared to crash in it.
except it was so expensive...
As for looks, the jacket is top notch. I don't even mind the white embroidered logo on the back. As for fit, this is where I differ from previous riders. I'm 5'9 190# with long arms. With my alpine star jacket, I wore a size 58. For this jacket, I measured my arms and chest and ended up going with what the sizing chart recommended...a 56. Luckily, it fit perfectly. Zipper was not hard to operate as other reviews have stated.
I put the upgraded D30 armor in the back, chest and elbows and the jacket still fits reasonably well (the D30 is markedly thicker than the stock jacket armor). I can't comment on durability yet as I've only put about 30 miles on this jacket but I am pleased so far.
The obvious drawback is price...if you can afford it I think this jacket is a reasonable investment.
1. Great style. The whole setup oozes quality and even the logo looks great.
2. Fits well. I'm 6'1" and not as thin as I should be, and a 58" fits great. It's fairly still as it still new, but overall I would have to say it's pretty comfortable.
3. Armor pockets are easily accessible, which means upgrading the armor painless.
4. Protection is very good. Not race suit-quality, mind you. But good. The fact that it's waterproof and comes with a removable liner is a big plus.
1. Expensive. Yes, nice things tend to cost a lot. But this setup is a little too much for what you get, which reduces its value somewhat.
2. The elastic stretch panels help make it comfortable, but in really cold weather they let in too much air, necessitating another layer.
3. Comes with armor, but it's a little on the thin side. I upgraded to the D3O Air, which is much thicker. Still fits well, though.
4. The removable liner is a bit on the thin side. It would be nice if there was a thicker option as an upgrade.
1 year ago
I expect that the venting will allow use up to 70F maybe 80F, but I have not tested this yet.
The jacket should be good for Spring and Fall months and while relatively light gives good protection from the armor and leather.
Tried the Armas, hated the armas. Just felt like a snow suit.
Merlin is awesome! I like the pants a lot better too.
I'm 5'8"; 165 lbs.; 42-42.5" chest (107cm); 30" waist; dress shirt 15.5, 32/33.
The size chart says i should order a size 52, but Anthony says I should order a size down--50?
My issue is, I'm built rather oddly. All my suits have to be specially tailored because of my small'ish waist, short'ish arms, short'ish torso, and broad chest.
The Man Model is wearing a size 50 but he's also 6' tall. My concern is ordering a jacket to fit around my chest but end up swimming in material in sleeves and torso. The size chart also says I should have a waist that is about 7" fluffier. :\
With a jacket this expensive I'm concerned about it not fitting properly.
Should I order a 50 or 48?
I recently ordered both 50 and 52. I returned the 50 as too tight and arms too short. The 52 fits my chest better but the arms are still slight short for my preference but acceptable. I own a Rukka Airman jacket and I find the 50 is perfect for me in that style. The Merlin seems to have a slimmer fit so I'm staying with the 52 in that style. Worst case you could exchange.