Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
RevZilla will match any advertised price on new merchandise available through another authorized U.S. dealer.Price Match Policy
The ZillaCash rewards program is very straightforward - if you have a RevZilla account, you may already be taking advantage of ZillaCash rewards. Review the following guidelines to see how easy it is to maximize your rewards and put your ZillaCash to work for you.
- Earn and redeem ZillaCash credit automatically with each order - no fine print, no strings attached, and no hoops to jump through to cash in.
- All you need is a RevZilla account to start earning - Simply log in each time you shop with RevZilla and we’ll take care of the rest, keeping more money in your pocket just for shopping with us.
- Earn $5 for Each $100 You Spend on eligible products - up to a maximum of $30 ZillaCash per order for orders totaling $600 or more. Any ZillaCash you earn is automatically applied to the next purchase, so you can sit back, enjoy the ride and feel the savings blow through your hair.
Klim D3O Viper T5 Pro Back Protector
Replacement CE Level 2 D30 Back Pad for Klim Jackets.
D3O's Viper back protector benefits from Airwave Technology and is extremely flexible, low profile and lightweight, whilst offering incredible protection.
Measures 17" Tall by 11" at widest point.
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Klim D3O Viper T5 Pro Back Protector||RevZilla Item #797931||MFR. Product #5174-001-000-400||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
Orders $39.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. Click Here for FREE Shipping Terms and Conditions.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
We show real-time availability on this product page when you select the size/color item you want. Most items will ship the same business day an order is placed,however if an item requires additional processing time a message will be shown indicating such.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Reviews & Questions
* The 3DO material is neat... firm but soft, moldable, and dentable with your thumb when push into it, but when you punch it, it feels like punching wood or drywall. Haven't crashed with it yet, so no feedback on that; sorry.
* The air holes that go through it aren't molded properly and most of them are blocked off... there are 59 holes total in five vertical columns. On mine, 19 of them were completely obscured, and 16 were more than halfway blocked off by excess material. I ended up trimmed all of the holes to make them near-perfect... took about half an hour using the wife's manicure scissors. Could take less time, but I'm kinda OCD and wanted to make the openings as clean and round as possible. Not a big deal to have to spend the time and effort to do this, but still annoying that the product isn't manufactured properly at the factory.
* The Klim 3DO back protector is 18mm thick as advertised. I think this is about the perfect thickness for decent protection without it being bulky and significantly changing the fitment of your suit. I couldn't really feel it in place immediately after zipping into my suit, in terms of it being there, the weight of it, etc; it quickly molds to your body with heat even better. Speaking of heat: yes, I could feel that my back was hotter with it in place than wearing the leather track suit before... see above about cleaning up all the ventilation holes.
* I was happy that this back protector fit the mesh pocket in my super old-school (probably 15+ years old) Euro 52/US 42 Fieldsheer suit without any trimming. MEASURED DIMENSIONS: 17 3/8" top to bottom, 10 5/8" at widest part (across the "wings"), 7" to 7 1/4" across the top section (which is 3" tall from the top to where it goes wide for the "wings"), 6 5/8" across the bottom section (which is 5 1/2" tall from under the "wings" to the bottom). Trimming it would be super easy with any sharp pair of scissors though.
* The Klim 3DO Viper back protector weighs 1 lb, 1 oz (482 grams).
That said, I had the unfortunate pleasure of testing this protector the first ride after I installed it. A little over a week ago I was hit from the rear by a sliding bike. The end result was me ending up on the ground on my side, then flat on my back. While I do have sore back, I fully feel that the protector helped keep the injury to a minimum. So once again, it is not a hard race level protector, but it is a very good compromise for something you can comfortably use everyday instead of leaving it at home.
Sas-Tec weighs 12oz (342g)
Can of coke weighs 13oz (368g) (NOT level 2 protection...)
The Klim has a clever channel design that actually works. The 1cm deep channels are against your back, and the holes let the hot out (I don't think there is a level 2 back protector that could have a 5/5 rating and still work, so 4 is top until NASA comes up with some miracle space thing). It works better than anything I've tried (level 2). It is heavier, but visco-elastic and conforms with body heat so you will hardly notice it. It is thinner than the Sas-Tec. I have both and either one gives me confidence it would help in a meaningful way during a getoff. However, the channels system on this one is very clever. I had to clear out the vent holes with a dremel as some of them weren't punched all the way through. Big whoop. It is extremely flexible (see pics) and you can trim it to fit if it's too big. This is the 18mm thick Viper, not the 11mm one. I have a leather jacket (1.3-1.5mm) outfitted with all Klim, and it feels like an extra sturdy jacket, not a suit of armor. The Klim just warms up and disappears.
If you have this foam in your Joe Rocket jacket, the Klim will fit without modification.
While it lacks rigidity, it seems to be fairly protective (have yet to test this thankfully).
The only issue, to no fault of it's own, is that it's one size fits some. I usually wear an Alpinestar Verona jacket (not the "air" version) and the pocket is way bigger than this protector. Due to the space, the Klim sits low in the coat and flops some left to right.
If your sure this product fits your jacket well, it's great.