Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
RevZilla will match any advertised price on new merchandise available through another authorized U.S. dealer.Price Match Policy
The ZillaCash rewards program is very straightforward - if you have a RevZilla account, you may already be taking advantage of ZillaCash rewards. Review the following guidelines to see how easy it is to maximize your rewards and put your ZillaCash to work for you.
- Earn and redeem ZillaCash credit automatically with each order - no fine print, no strings attached, and no hoops to jump through to cash in.
- All you need is a RevZilla account to start earning - Simply log in each time you shop with RevZilla and we’ll take care of the rest, keeping more money in your pocket just for shopping with us.
- Earn $5 for Each $100 You Spend on eligible products - up to a maximum of $30 ZillaCash per order for orders totaling $600 or more. Any ZillaCash you earn is automatically applied to the next purchase, so you can sit back, enjoy the ride and feel the savings blow through your hair.
Barkbusters Blizzard Universal Fit Cold Weather Handguards
Extend your riding season with Blizzard handguards from Barkbusters. These semi-rigid handguards block wind, rain, snow and keep you hands warm and controls dry.
Designed for faired sportbikes, sport tourers and large touring motorcycles. They're also suitable for most street, dual-purpose, adventure tourers, dirt bikes, snowmobiles and ATVs.
Includes hardware to enable mounting to bar end weights, hollow bars, and existing aluminum backbones.
- Self supporting under wind pressure
- Anti-flap design
- Leaves controls free of interference
- Flexes around fairing/windscreen at full steering lock
- Maximum protection with style
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Grey/Black||RevZilla Item #970681||MFR. Product #BBZ-001-01-BK||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships next business day|
Orders $39.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. Click Here for FREE Shipping Terms and Conditions.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
We show real-time availability on this product page when you select the size/color item you want. Most items will ship the same business day an order is placed,however if an item requires additional processing time a message will be shown indicating such.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Reviews & Questions
I installed the handguards right before my commute this morning, and they performed flawlessly. Temperatures were at about 45 degrees F when I left, and my hands were totally shielded from the wind. My gloves (Held Race-Tex Gore-Tex) are essentially uninsulated, so they would not have held up on their own.
Speeds ranged from 5mph traffic to 80mph on open interstate. The guards held their shape and position perfectly, and I had plenty of room to work the controls.
I also had no issues with fairing clearance. There is a small amount of contact, but only at very close to full lock. The flexibility of the guard made this a total non-issue, and I was even able to lock the bars when I parked.
Now, I only have 60 miles under my belt with these guards, but I have no complaints. I will update the review should I find anything upsetting, but I doubt that will happen.
If you are considering these, just do it.
They were easy to install. I did need to re-adjust the straps and tighten them once during the trip but they never collapsed onto the levers like other mitts do.
I dropped the Suzuki in a gravel lot (oops) and the Barkbusters Blizzards were unscathed. They are tough, hold up to the rain and wind, and are easy to clean.
I thought they might look dorky but they actually look pretty slick. I received compliments on them from other riders. My mechanic was surprised at how well they work and plans to purchase a set.
They cost twice as much as other mitts and I hated to dish out the $$$ for these. However, I do not regret the purchase! The reviews on all the other ones raised concerns regarding safety. These do not interfere with your ability to use the controls and they held up at highway speeds. They exceeded my expectations.
Also, they come with a ton of spacers and hardware so that they can be installed on almost any style motorcycle or scooter. I have an '06 Suzuki Burgman 400S and didn't need to use any of the spacers or extra hardware (however, I have weighted bar ends and not the OEM ones).
I have an issue with how much accessories like this cost, but for the money I don't think I could have done any better
I didn't find any interference with the controls during operation of the bike even with heavy winter gloves. There's more than enough room in them for hand movement (I have longer hands). I did have some contact between the windscreen and the BBHgs but that was expected seeing as I have an aftermarket windscreen and risers installed. The pro to this product is they are semi-rigid and have some flex so no damage done! The only con so far is that about half the mirror view is taken up. This doesn't present a safety issue for me just an annoyance. I was already looking to change the mirrors (on my FJR) which will extend the view and potentially not be an issue.
I'd like to have given excellent ratings on performance, finish and durability but couldn't due to only having ridden with the BBHgs for a couple of weeks and have not encountered the harsher winter elements as of yet. I'm hopeful that these 3 categories will not be a disappointment once winter sets in and would love to post another review when spring arrives.
- they are big and deflect a lot of wind/rain
- ignoring the Honda handlebar weights madness, they are easy to install.
- no collapse at highway speed
- the company replied to my email questions about what to fit. (and discouraged me to buy the Storm model for my bike). So that's really nice.
- given the position of my clutch and brake levers, the barkbuster ends up being "tilted down" as the right position. That means that rain does collect into them. I'm worried about what will happen over time, with water pooling there.
- it's grey color (no choices), and IF part of it is reflective, it's very little. i.e. it's pretty bad in term of visibility for both day and night. High-vis color with some 3M retro-reflective bands would have been a great option.
Honda likes to have rotating bar-end weights. This is not working with the handlebar, as the handlebar would then rotate. So the bar end weights need to be removed, particularly the part that is inside the handle. That takes a while. I will just say "use your service manual". Once the internal weights are removed, the procedure is the "hollow handlebars" procedure.
- at full handle deflection (full left and full right), the handguard does touch the corner of the windshield fairing. That's not a problem as the "Fabric" is flexible enough, and it's mostly a low-speed situation.
Assuming the water just goes through it without generating mold/rot/decay, these will be great. I'll see if I can update this review in the future (6 months down the line)
over 2 years ago
over 3 years ago
The outcome is pleasing to the eye, of good quality, yet not providing a 100% wind deflection. Perhaps it is the location of the mirrors, size of the brake fluid reservoir, or the shape of a cruiser's handle bar and the angle at which it is installed, that do not provide a 100% wind deflection. I would expect more from a product at this price range.
You just need to be able to slide then into the end of the handlebars. And they do come with different fit sizes.
Yeah, it came with a whole bag of different size bolts and spacers, no clamps. And, I would spend your money on heated gloves and/or grips because these weren't very effective....