Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
RevZilla will match any advertised price on new merchandise available through another authorized U.S. dealer.Price Match Policy
The ZillaCash rewards program is very straightforward - if you have a RevZilla account, you may already be taking advantage of ZillaCash rewards. Review the following guidelines to see how easy it is to maximize your rewards and put your ZillaCash to work for you.
- Earn and redeem ZillaCash credit automatically with each order - no fine print, no strings attached, and no hoops to jump through to cash in.
- All you need is a RevZilla account to start earning - Simply log in each time you shop with RevZilla and we’ll take care of the rest, keeping more money in your pocket just for shopping with us.
- Earn $5 for Each $100 You Spend on eligible products - up to a maximum of $30 ZillaCash per order for orders totaling $600 or more. Any ZillaCash you earn is automatically applied to the next purchase, so you can sit back, enjoy the ride and feel the savings blow through your hair.
Alpinestars SMX-2 Air Carbon Gloves
The Alpinestars S-MX 2 Air Carbon Gloves are the ultimate addition to your hot weather riding gear. The technical 3D mesh ensures constant airflow and the carbon fiber knuckle protection combined with TPR inserts and synthetic suede chassis delivers just the right amount of protection for when things get squirrelly.
- Durable, multi-panel main shell construction incorporating full-grain leather and 3D mesh for durability, abrasion resistance and high levels of breathability
- Synthetic suede reinforcements on the palm, fingers and landing zones provide maximum abrasion resistance in key impact zones
- Ergonomically shaped Alpinestars’ innovative carbon knuckle guard provides exceptional impact and abrasion protection
- Finger tops and back hand incorporates TPR inserts for additional impact abrasion in critical areas
- Impact absorbing EVA foam panels on thumb for additional impact performance
- 3D mesh finger surfaces and thumb for cooling performance
- Pre-curved finger construction to reduce riding fatigue
- Neoprene wrist cuff plus VELCRO® brand closure and TPR closure for secure and personalized closure
- Touch screen compatible index fingertip and thumb for use with smartphones and GPS systems
- Stretch finger sidewalls for improved flexibility when riding
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Black / 2XL||RevZilla Item #946844||MFR. Product #3567714-10-2X||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
|Product Style Black / 3XL||RevZilla Item #946845||MFR. Product #3567714-10-3X||AvailabilityAvailable: Requires 1-3 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Product Style SM / Black/White/Yellow/Red||RevZilla Item #946846||MFR. Product #3567714-1053-S||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style MD / Black/White/Yellow/Red||RevZilla Item #946847||MFR. Product #3567714-1053-M||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style LG / Black/White/Yellow/Red||RevZilla Item #946848||MFR. Product #3567714-1053-L||AvailabilityAvailable: Requires 1-3 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Product Style XL / Black/White/Yellow/Red||RevZilla Item #946849||MFR. Product #3567714-1053-XL||AvailabilityAvailable: Requires 1-3 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Product Style 2XL / Black/White/Yellow/Red||RevZilla Item #946850||MFR. Product #3567714-1053-2X||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style 3XL / Black/White/Yellow/Red||RevZilla Item #946851||MFR. Product #3567714-1053-3X||AvailabilityAvailable: Requires 1-3 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Product Style SM / Green/Black||RevZilla Item #946858||MFR. Product #3567714-61-S||AvailabilityOnly 2 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style MD / Green/Black||RevZilla Item #946859||MFR. Product #3567714-61-M||AvailabilityOnly 2 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style LG / Green/Black||RevZilla Item #946860||MFR. Product #3567714-61-L||AvailabilityAvailable: Requires 1-3 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Product Style 2XL / Green/Black||RevZilla Item #946862||MFR. Product #3567714-61-2X||AvailabilityAvailable: Requires 1-3 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Product Style 3XL / Green/Black||RevZilla Item #946863||MFR. Product #3567714-61-3X||AvailabilityAvailable: Requires 1-3 business days of lead time prior to shipment|
|Product Style 2XL / Red/Black||RevZilla Item #946856||MFR. Product #3567714-31-2X||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style 3XL / Red/Black||RevZilla Item #946857||MFR. Product #3567714-31-3X||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
Orders $39.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. Click Here for FREE Shipping Terms and Conditions.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
We show real-time availability on this product page when you select the size/color item you want. Most items will ship the same business day an order is placed,however if an item requires additional processing time a message will be shown indicating such.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Reviews & Questions
I don't know how much I would trust them in a crash, the material feels very thin. It's too hot to wear much else however so it is a compromise i'm happy to make.
The glove is a great for summer and high heat days. Flows a lot of air, never felt hot. Drawback is with this material, the protection feels minimal. Doubt I'd want to go down at highway speeds with these. Not a lot of palm protection. Didn't have much faith in the stitching, and after a year the gloves have developed holes. The knuckle protection was a plus, though it probably could have been better placed on my hand. I was between sizes so I went with the smaller due to the capacitive touch feature in the glove and the fact I thought they'd break in some, which they did. Maybe it would have been better on the larger glove, didn't try it. Found the areas on the glove for touchscreen capability a bit lacking since they weren't reliable for operating my phone but it was better than nothing. For what it's worth, I ride around 10,000 miles a year and most of that is 10 - 30 miles a trip in the city. So I take my gloves on and off a LOT. If you do as well, I would consider something more durable. If you ride less or longer distances for your trips they may work better for you. Then again, do you want to trust in a glove that wears out from taking it on and off a lot? Your call.
The materials feel great, and the protection is pretty solid for riding around town or touring. They're also great looking gloves. The mesh flows a lot of air and keep your hands cool in the heat, which is exactly what I was looking for when I bought them.
The bad stuff:
The mesh material on the back of the thumb and the fingers tends to get caught a bit in the velcro cuff strap when putting them on and taking them off, which pulls fibers out so now they look all fuzzy. The touchscreen material in the fingers and thumbs worked great when I first pulled them on the box, but it doesn't work much at all now. It will sometimes pick up if I use the material that's on the edge of the contact patch, but it's honestly easier to just take the gloves off rather than trying to fiddle around with hitting buttons ten times with the edge of my fingertip until my phone actually picks up the contact. The internal seam at the thumb tip is a bit thick too, and with pressure on the handlebars pulling the thumb of the glove into my thumb, that seam tends to dig in under my thumbnails and it gets a little uncomfortable after a while.
The ugly stuff:
My main complaint is just the build quality isn't up to what I expect from Alpinestars. There are strings hanging off both thumbs and around the cuff of the glove. There are actually a couple of seams that are beginning to separate, one around the base of the thumbs where the mesh meets the leather (more on the left glove, but the right is starting to go as well), and another where the leather looks like it's actually tearing between the thumb and the back of the hand on the right glove. The right had glove also has a second set of perforations in the leather around the palm padding, as though they screwed it up the first time they sewed them together, so it got pulled apart and restitched.
This amount of wear is very disappointing in a glove I paid $80 for less than a month ago (purchased 17 April, delivered APO overseas ~25 April), and I haven't even hit 50 miles ridden wearing them.
If it weren't for the lacking build quality, I would recommend them. Given the amount of wear they're showing with how little I've used them, I can't recommend purchasing these gloves. I also don't feel that the protection would be adequate if the seams are splitting - what would happen if I actually went down in them? Unless Alpinestars somehow improves the construction process, stick to the previous incarnation of the Air Carbons.
A few notes:
* When the gloves are new they are a bit hard in some spots. For me this caused a persistent cut in the knuckle of my pinky. This issue went away after a few weeks of wear.
* The touch screen compatible thumb and index finger work to some extent but require very deliberate presses to get my iPhone to register. Additionally, while tapping works and dragging is somewhat usable, I cannot reliably perform any two-finger operations with the phone.
* The velcro wrist straps have a tendency to catch on the mesh fabric if they come in contact. This is leading to some fraying.
Overall my complaints are minor and when you're actually riding they aren't even issues. I would definitely buy these gloves again.
i measured my had and i got 4''. should i get a large or x-large. thank you for your help.
My previous smx 2 did have a defect where one thumb was shorter and tighter than the other, so it could be a defect.