Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
RevZilla will match any advertised price on new merchandise available through another authorized U.S. dealer.Price Match Policy
The ZillaCash rewards program is very straightforward - if you have a RevZilla account, you may already be taking advantage of ZillaCash rewards. Review the following guidelines to see how easy it is to maximize your rewards and put your ZillaCash to work for you.
- Earn and redeem ZillaCash credit automatically with each order - no fine print, no strings attached, and no hoops to jump through to cash in.
- All you need is a RevZilla account to start earning - Simply log in each time you shop with RevZilla and we’ll take care of the rest, keeping more money in your pocket just for shopping with us.
- Earn $5 for Each $100 You Spend on eligible products - up to a maximum of $30 ZillaCash per order for orders totaling $600 or more. Any ZillaCash you earn is automatically applied to the next purchase, so you can sit back, enjoy the ride and feel the savings blow through your hair.
Alpinestars Tech Air Race Airbag Vest
The Tech Air Race Airbag System is a state-of-the-art, tether-free airbag protection system designed to be used with Alpinestars Tech Air Race prepared riding gear. The onboard computer system uses Alpinestars' proprietary algorithms to process the information gathered by the vest’s accelerometers and gyroscope. Should the system sense a crash, it can trigger and fully inflate the airbag in 45 milliseconds, providing comprehensive protection to the rider's full back, shoulders, kidney area and chest. The Tech Air is ready to go right out of the box—no need to install sensors on the bike or go through a complicated pairing process. Simply install the vest in a compatible jacket or race suit and go ride.
The Tech Air Race comes preloaded with Alpinestars racing algorithms—the same algorithms used in MotoGP and WSBK—which are designed to detect the crashes typical of closed course competition. In this configuration, the system only uses one of its two charges at a time, saving the remaining charge for a second deployment. The vest is immediately ready to deploy its second charge, so if you and your bike are able to continue the race, you won’t have to do it unprotected. If remounting a crashed bike to chase a precious few championship points isn't exactly your style, the vest can be set to deploy both charges simultaneously for a quicker inflation.
The Race Vest is also compatible with Alpinestars’ street software settings, for use during typical sport, touring and adventure riding. In addition to being better suited to detecting street crashes, which typically involve a second vehicle, the street configuration fires both charges at the same time, lowering the deployment time to just 25 milliseconds. Users can quickly switch between race and street modes using a PC (no Mac compatibility, yet) loaded with Alpinestars Tech Air Connect software. The Street Vest is NOT compatible with the Race algorithms.
- PC compatible software (No current Mac compatibilty) allows users to switch between Race or Street algorithms and update firmware
- Race vest can be used in street or race modes
- Fully enclosed ACU (Airbag Control Unit) is seal-protected within the vest's CE level 2 back protector
- One gyroscope and one accelerometer housed inside ACU
- One additional accelerometer on each shoulder
- Lithium ion battery with approximately 25 hours of use when fully charged
- One hour of charge time yields four hours of ride time
- Comprehensive protection of back, shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen
- Race Vest offers extra coverage for the shoulders and collar bones
- All Tech Air Vests include two inflator charges
- Argon inflator charges are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard
- Internal airbag tethers used to control final deployed shape create less bulk than a chambered design and allow for quicker inflation
- Nylon-6 airbag material is lightweight and breathable
- Airbag inflates in 45 milliseconds in Race mode and remains fully inflated for 5 seconds
- Installs easily in Tech Air Race Vest compatible gear with VELCRO® and YKK zippers
- One plug, located at the back of the vest, plugs into LED sleeve display plug
- Magnetic closure detection system built into the vest arms the system once it senses the suit has been zipped and the bike is in motion
- When the system detects a crash, the airbag will be fully deployed within .045 seconds
- System is instantly ready to redeploy
- Size SM vests fit: size 46 euro
- Size MD vests fit: size 48-50 euro
- Size LG vests fit: 52-54 euro
- Size XL vests fit: 56 euro
- Size 2XL vests fit: 58-60 euro
The Tech Air System requires registration with Alpinestars. Upon purchase, RevZilla will email you your portal login credentials. If you do not receive an email by the time your order is delivered, please reach out to us for assistance.
Due to the technical nature of the Tech Air System, special care and maintenance is required. Once the airbag has been deployed, the vest must be sent to Alpinestars for maintenance, repacking and cleaning. Please note that if the suit has been serviced or either of the airbags have been deployed, the vest is no longer returnable. Please read the User Manual in detail, and let RevZilla know if you have any additional questions.
Note: The Tech Air Race Vest is ONLY COMPATIBLE with Tech Air Race prepared riding gear. It is not compatible with Tech Air Street gear.
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Black / SM||RevZilla Item #1221567||MFR. Product #6508016155S||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
|Product Style Black / MD||RevZilla Item #1221568||MFR. Product #6508016155M||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
|Product Style Black / LG||RevZilla Item #1221569||MFR. Product #6508016155L||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
|Product Style Black / XL||RevZilla Item #1221570||MFR. Product #6508016155XL||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
|Product Style Black / 2XL||RevZilla Item #1221571||MFR. Product #6508016155XXL||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
Orders $39.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. Click Here for FREE Shipping Terms and Conditions.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
We show real-time availability on this product page when you select the size/color item you want. Most items will ship the same business day an order is placed,however if an item requires additional processing time a message will be shown indicating such.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Reviews & Questions
Setup was a little challenging as far as getting it reg'd and connected online, but customer service was great and we got it all worked out nicely. now I can shift from street to race pretty quickly, but I have to connect it to my computer with the supplied USB cable, log in, set it up, yadayadayada. Once it's done, you only have to fuss with it when you go to the track which isn't that often in my case. The upside of all the work, is that every time you switch settings you basically upgrade the internal software. When this product grows up it'll have a switch on it to go from race mode to street mode (no brainer A-Stars!), a charge port next to the lights on the sleeve and hopefully by then Astars will have generously licensed other mfrs to produce jackets that work with it (for the good of the people, not A-Stars). Even better is if they certify other jackets and allow their vest to function without wiring or lights on the jacket (maybe a wireless wrist worn or bike mounted light panel). The velcro is a little tedious to mate just right and the charge port is in an awkward location half way up the back protector. The vest does weigh quite a bit too - not a big deal, but noticable. All said, nothing I would call a deal killer based on cost/benefit. A great first gen product that'll likely save a lot of limbs if not lives.
1 month ago