Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
RevZilla will match any advertised price on new merchandise available through another authorized U.S. dealer.Price Match Policy
The ZillaCash rewards program is very straightforward - if you have a RevZilla account, you may already be taking advantage of ZillaCash rewards. Review the following guidelines to see how easy it is to maximize your rewards and put your ZillaCash to work for you.
- Earn and redeem ZillaCash credit automatically with each order - no fine print, no strings attached, and no hoops to jump through to cash in.
- All you need is a RevZilla account to start earning - Simply log in each time you shop with RevZilla and we’ll take care of the rest, keeping more money in your pocket just for shopping with us.
- Earn $5 for Each $100 You Spend on eligible products - up to a maximum of $30 ZillaCash per order for orders totaling $600 or more. Any ZillaCash you earn is automatically applied to the next purchase, so you can sit back, enjoy the ride and feel the savings blow through your hair.
Rebate Available! View Details
Shipping & Returns
Alpinestars Tech Air Race Airbag Vest
The Tech Air Race Airbag System is a state-of-the-art, tether-free airbag protection system designed to be used with Alpinestars Tech Air Race prepared riding gear. The onboard computer system uses Alpinestars' proprietary algorithms to process the information gathered by the vest’s accelerometers and gyroscope. Should the system sense a crash, it can trigger and fully inflate the airbag in 45 milliseconds, providing comprehensive protection to the rider's full back, shoulders, kidney area and chest. The Tech Air is ready to go right out of the box—no need to install sensors on the bike or go through a complicated pairing process. Simply install the vest in a compatible jacket or race suit and go ride.
The Tech Air Race comes preloaded with Alpinestars racing algorithms—the same algorithms used in MotoGP and WSBK—which are designed to detect the crashes typical of closed course competition. In this configuration, the system only uses one of its two charges at a time, saving the remaining charge for a second deployment. The vest is immediately ready to deploy its second charge, so if you and your bike are able to continue the race, you won’t have to do it unprotected. If remounting a crashed bike to chase a precious few championship points isn't exactly your style, the vest can be set to deploy both charges simultaneously for a quicker inflation. Due to its larger size, the 2XL size vest will always deploy both charges at once to ensure it is fully inflated in the same time as the smaller vests.
The Race Vest is also compatible with Alpinestars’ street software settings, for use during typical sport, touring and adventure riding. In addition to being better suited to detecting street crashes, which typically involve a second vehicle, the street configuration fires both charges at the same time, lowering the deployment time to just 25 milliseconds. Users can quickly switch between race and street modes using a PC (no Mac compatibility, yet) loaded with Alpinestars Tech Air Connect software. The Street Vest is NOT compatible with the Race algorithms.
- PC compatible software (No current Mac compatibilty) allows users to switch between Race or Street algorithms and update firmware
- Race vest can be used in street or race modes
- Fully enclosed ACU (Airbag Control Unit) is seal-protected within the vest's CE level 2 back protector
- One gyroscope and one accelerometer housed inside ACU
- One additional accelerometer on each shoulder
- Lithium ion battery with approximately 25 hours of use when fully charged
- One hour of charge time yields four hours of ride time
- Comprehensive protection of back, shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen
- Race Vest offers extra coverage for the shoulders and collar bones
- All Tech Air Vests include two inflator charges
- Argon inflator charges are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard
- Internal airbag tethers used to control final deployed shape create less bulk than a chambered design and allow for quicker inflation
- Nylon-6 airbag material is lightweight and breathable
- Airbag inflates in 45 milliseconds in Race mode and remains fully inflated for 5 seconds
- Installs easily in Tech Air Race Vest compatible gear with VELCRO® and YKK zippers
- One plug, located at the back of the vest, plugs into LED sleeve display plug
- Magnetic closure detection system built into the vest arms the system once it senses the suit has been zipped and the bike is in motion
- When the system detects a crash, the airbag will be fully deployed within .045 seconds
- System is instantly ready to redeploy (not 2XL)
- Size SM vests fit: size 46 euro
- Size MD vests fit: size 48-50 euro
- Size LG vests fit: 52-54 euro
- Size XL vests fit: 56 euro
- Size 2XL vests fit: 58-60 euro
The Tech Air System requires registration with Alpinestars. Upon purchase, RevZilla will email you your portal login credentials. If you do not receive an email by the time your order is delivered, please reach out to us for assistance.
Due to the technical nature of the Tech Air System, special care and maintenance is required. Once the airbag has been deployed, the vest must be sent to Alpinestars for maintenance, repacking and cleaning. Please note that if the suit has been serviced or either of the airbags have been deployed, the vest is no longer returnable. Please read the User Manual in detail, and let RevZilla know if you have any additional questions.
Note: The Tech Air Race Vest is ONLY COMPATIBLE with Tech Air Race prepared riding gear. It is not compatible with Tech Air Street gear. Due to its larger size, the 2XL size Tech Air Race Vest will always deploy both charges simultaneously.
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Black / SM||RevZilla Item #1221567||MFR. Product #/6508016-155-S||AvailabilityOnly 2 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Black / MD||RevZilla Item #1221568||MFR. Product #/6508016-155-M||AvailabilityOnly 3 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Black / LG||RevZilla Item #1221569||MFR. Product #/6508016-155-L||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Black / XL||RevZilla Item #1221570||MFR. Product #/6508016-155-XL||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Black / 2XL||RevZilla Item #1221571||MFR. Product #/6508016-155-XXL||AvailabilityOnly 1 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
Orders $39.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. Click Here for FREE Shipping Terms and Conditions.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
We show real-time availability on this product page when you select the size/color item you want. Most items will ship the same business day an order is placed,however if an item requires additional processing time a message will be shown indicating such.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Shipping & Returns
Reviews & Questions
10 Customer Reviews
7 Questions & 8 Answers
Browse 7 questions Browse 7 questions and 8 answers
I do a lot of adventure riding, will the airbags deploy even if I have a small off, say if I fall off when I am standing still (which I have done a few more times than I would like to admit) or riding slowly in deep sand?
Do I have to size up (suit) or is the Tech Air Race comparable to a bulky back protector? What is the exact measurement of the vest?
BEST ANSWER: I did verify that you should have to size up on jackets or suits. Just purchased the race version.
I currently use alpinestar one piece chest protector Do I need to use my chest protector with airbag system? Or does airbag system protect chest without inserts?
BEST ANSWER: You need chest protectors, there are none that come with the system itself. Although most of the jackets that it inserts into come standard with some form of chest protection. The airbag does protect the chest if it deploys.
How good is the integrated back protector, and is it multi-use? I love my forcefield and would rather break my collarbone than my back :)
BEST ANSWER: It's very good. I don't understand the question about multi-use. It's very sturdy and the only way it won't offer back protection is if you break it. The solid back protection obviously functions even if the airbag isn't on.
Can i wear this vest with different suit? Since everything in bult in the vest already.
BEST ANSWER: TechAir Vest can only be worn with the TechAir compatible garments as they have built in stretch panels in case of deployment.
Page 10 of the tech air manual states that a suit size of 48 to 50 fits a person of 5' to 5' 4". On the revzilla site the Alpinstars sizing chart states a size 50 fits a person of 176cm (5'9"). What document is correct? I purchased a size 50 suite (med vest) and I'm slightly below all measurements in the Revzilla size chart. The suit is tight. My concern is that I will not have enough room in the suite for the vest to inflate.
BEST ANSWER: The sizing in the tech air manual is a little off. The 48 and 50 are good for heights of up to 5'8" and 5'10", respectively. The size charts for the suits is correct. As far as the fit of the suit with the tech air vest, that sounds correct. It's a race fit, meaning a snug fit. And the tech air compatible suits have specific expansion areas built just for the tech air to deploy. You're good to go.
What's the point of the Street Vest when you can change the algorithm on the Race Vest to "Street"?
BEST ANSWER: The street vest has more coverage than does the race vest.