Alpinestars Bio Armor Protection Kit
Nice quality pad, have not fallen with yet... Knock on wood
Bought size large for my medium Alpinestars tech fleece, Alpinestars recommends large for medium sized and up jackets. Did not fit... I called Revzilla to return the product and they gave me no hassle. Then I got the idea of trying the pads in my 42 BMG Montana leather jacket and they fit perfectly and made the jacket much more comfortable then the stock pads it came with. Also the pad seems of much nicer quality then the stock the leather jacket came with.
Later I purchased the same Astars pads but size small for the tech fleece and fits the jacket no problem. Not the the best coverage for my shoulders but still fits and is not uncomfortable and better than nothing.
August 16, 2016
Great value for the protection it offers
Feels solid. Fits perfectly in my GP air jacket. I haven't gone down with them on so wont be able to comment on performance, but I feel confident that it will protect me in case of a crash.
June 17, 2016
AStars 'Bio Arnor' Very good' I recommend...
Based on a lot of riding, a few track days, most on twists in CT:
- good fit in my AStars GP leather jacket and 'Air' race pants, they bend sufficiently to be comfortable and the elbow/forearm armor fits in my Fox Creek jacket
- armor seems very well designed for impact protection - fortunately no crashes in these
- compared to D3O, the AStars is a bit thinner, perhaps a bit heavier, but the difference is negligible. i've found it wise to measure and armor before buying, btw
- 'bang for buck' is excellent. Who likes paying for armor? but since I firmly believe I need it, the AStars seems fairly priced and could be invaluable in a get off
- style and features... what can you say, it fits, seems protective
- overall, I am glad I have this equipment and (maybe I'm getting old) I strongly recommend you folks use armor whenever you're on your bike.
March 15, 2016
good fitment, adequate protection
Just a few months ago I had been riding my small ninja 250 in a busy part of town and was hit by a VW rolling a stop sign. Being a fairly low speed collision there wasn't much force to make me slide, so it was a highside straight to the ground. the left elbow/forearm piece worked quite well, as that was the first to hit the ground, with my left shoulder directly after. The injuries I sustained were a broken collar bone and multiple bruised ribs.
February 1, 2016
seems good to me
I havent gone down but I feel like these will hold up. they are well molded to my manly physique and dont seem to add more weight than they need to. I have them in my no-name jacket and will happily use them in my next jacket too.
December 8, 2015
These are nice armor
I bought these for a leather jacket I've had for long time that didn't have armor. I sewed them in myself. They are very comfortable and no one can tell I'm even wearing them.
As other reviews have said, they smell really weird. But they don't smell worse than I already do.
August 17, 2015
Just what I needed
Fit great, comroftable, and best price for the product. Just what I needed, when I needed it. As always thanks Revzilla!
June 15, 2015
And I mean for you're whole body. The bio armor definitely helps give one reassurance if he or she ever encounter a terrible event while on the road. They appear solid and able to hold up to abuse. They are flexible and able to bend with movement. Cheap upgrade that can save your body from damage. Be prepared, get your set today.
November 14, 2014