Tour Master Select Tail Bag
Another great product from tourmaster
I bought this tailbag for a 865 mile trip and it basically doubled my storage on my small bike. It was easy to remove and take into the hotel room with me. I have a pair of tourmaster saddlebags and they have held up great, so I expect the same from this bag. Overall it is a great product.
May 26, 2014
Was looking for the ideal tail bag and had researched many other available products. This one was the perfect find. The size is just right for storing my keys, notebooks and travel gear. A durable product that complements my bike. Would definitely recommend.
September 29, 2013
Excellent tail bag for the smaller motorcycle
Bought this bag to replace a slightly smaller one that I had on my Honda Shadow. I installed the bag on the passenger seat and with the included straps it was quite easy. The bag comes with additional straps in case you want to carry it after arriving at your destination. I did not buy it to hold a helmet and I'm not sure it would hold my Shoei but it holds my rain gear, spare pair of half boots, second visor, and a few other things just fine. All this is in the main compartment and there are side ones as well. The bag comes with a rain covering and a bottom pad that attaches to the bag (hook and loop) and provides a nice interface between the bag and the seat. The side panels are very reflective and there is additional reflective piping front and back.
The only con is that I have to swing my leg higher to clear the top of the tail bag. Some days this is a challenge but that is the price you pay for storage. How well the finish holds up and the overall durability of the bag remains to be seen.
I would recommend this tail bag.
September 9, 2013
This is a great touring bag for small classics and cruisers
Great touring bag for short trips - 7 days or less. More than enough room if you pack efficiently. I had three shirts, two pants, underwear for three days, extra shoes, tools, a lightweight jacket, and some snacks. Great attachment features especially if you already have saddle bag racks. I am looking to get the matching saddlebags to make the set complete. Highly recommend this bag if you ride a smaller motorcycle.
May 6, 2013
I've owned this tailbag since Christmas and thus far, it's done its job pretty well.
Just some little sidenotes:
1. Love the reflective material all along the sides of the bag. It really pops when any kind of lights hit it. There's also reflective stitching along the back and, though it could be more comprehensive, it stands out as well.
2. The strap system sucks. Or maybe I just suck with tying knots and what not. Either way, it's 2013. Surely there's an easier way to attach a tail bag to the back of a sportbike.
3. There's a rain cover pocket on the side of the bag facing the rider. At times this can actually get in the way, depending on whether I'm wearing a backpack/jacket as well. Not a big factor since I doubt many people will ALSO wear a backpack, but worth noting. Also in race tuck it can kinda get in the way. Again, I doubt many guys will race tuck with this tailbag.
4. I use it to get groceries, carry around spare gloves, carry ammo when I go to the range, etc. Most impressive is being able to fit $40 in groceries in the bag. I can fit two 2 liters side-by-side and have room on top to spare. If you're taking your Kama Sutra to your ladies house, it should fit it as well. No worries.
5. Get it. It does what you think it does, and it doesn't slip and really interfere with your riding like a tankbag. If your jacket has a race hump, obviously it won't get in the way like a backpack. No excessive weight on your shoulders or bag. It's a great alternative to the typical backpack and tankbag methods.
January 22, 2013
Excellent product, a bit small
The bag is very good, it was easy to install, but it barely fits a helmet (Shoei Qwest or Bell Vortex) which is its main use i would say.
July 16, 2012