Certain option combinations (sizes, colors, fitments, etc.) are more expensive than others.
In this case the option is more expensive than the base price,
so a price adjustment of has been added to Your Price.
Please select a Size to view availability.
Drop us your email and we'll let you know when it's in.
The advantages of leather combined with waterproofness - leather for every weather. Constructed of highly breathable, hydrophobic leather that prevents the jacket from getting wet. Pairs perfectly with the Rukka Merlin Pants.
Gore-Tex Pro Shell 3 layer leather laminate is 100% waterproof, 100% windproof, durable and breathable
1.2mm highly breathable, hydrophobic bovine leather prevents the jacket from getting wet
TFL Cool Leather system reduces the surface temperature of black leather significantly when exposed to sun radiation
very stylish jacket
first fitment.. I am 6' 195 with a 40 1/2" chest and 34" waist.
Watched the video that had suggested to get a one size smaller that what you would normally get...so I went with a 48.
Mistake! way too small.Though I think that assessment would have been true when the video was first made but the 2014 batch of Merlins runs true to size I think...a size 52 fit me. Shoulders and arm length and circumference was just right though the waist was a tad loose..I like a form fit....but not a deal breaker.
I love the style and had just the right amount of logos and reflective embellishments to make it look "cool" and not overwhelming or busy. The constructions seems solid and the leather feels like quality.
This is just the first assessment and will have to report later as to the functionality of the weatherproofing and durability of this jacket. I thought this initial report would help those folks who was wondering about sizing. As far as "bang for the buck"...well my thought was...instead of getting 2 or 3 good jackets, I would just get one "really good one", one that I would "go to" every time. You guys know the feeling, that one jacket that you would choose constantly, and the other jackets just stay in the closet collecting dust..wasted dollars.
Just deny yourself 2 Starbuck drinks and 2 Mondo Burgers per week and you'll pay it off in no time!
March 11, 2014
Rukka Merlin Jacket
Great fit, style, & function. I like the armor. I can barely tell it's there which is nice for a long day in the saddle. I have no report on the waterproofing yet but I'm thinking it's gonna be excellent.
January 29, 2014
This jacket is PRICEY ($$$$$)for what's offered.
First off, I'd like to thank the Revzilla team for their SUPERIOR customer service-these folks are "The BEST in the Biz!"
The Rukka Merlin Jacket:
1. DAMNED this thing looks GOOD!!!! I almost hated to part with it, due to it just being a SLEEK and SEXY thing of beauty-DAMNED it looks SOOooooooo GOOD...
2. I ordered a size 56 and normally wear a 43/44 chest. It was a bit big, I think you might want to go down a size. The sleeves are PERFECT for any type of glove fitting under the cuff,but a gauntlet will not fit over it. I tried several type-NO GO!
3. This Jacket is made in Vietnam,NOT in Finland or Portugal. I also own two other suits, which are also made in Vietnam. The two are virtually IDENTICAL,but HALF the price as the Merlin.
4. The Rukka Merlin is a fall/winter jacket to me, and that's due-in-part to the cores lack of perforation/ventilation. In temps above 80F and in stop-n-go traffic you'll bake.
5. The liner is cheap and flimsy for a jacket at this price range.
In the winter,IMHO you'll FREEZE your buns off without a heated vest. The 'Neck Gaiter' is a cute idea,but it's flimsy also.
6. The Armor isn't as BEEFY as I thought it would be,especially at this end of the price spectrum.
7. This jacket isn't very functional to me,due to it's wacky zip-from-the-left zipper system.You actually have to focus on lining it all up(Red-inner/Black-outer)or it's easy to start them(zippers) off-track. The zippers throughout this jacket and on the 'Neck Gaiter' are really a disappointment. I think that may be to me having something to compare it to that's half the price. The zippers on my other suit are FAR more superior IMO. This is a TRUE 'Deal Breaker' for me.
I expected MUCH more in the 'Quality' and 'Functionality' department from a jacket at this end of the price spectrum.Not worth the money to me.
June 10, 2013
The best touring gear
Yes, it is expensive, but you get what you pay for. It is head and shoulders above anything I have used from Dainese or Rev It.
I bought the jacket and pants last year and love it more every day. I have ridden through downpours and below freezing temperatures for long periods. It is great.
Waterproof, super comfortable, and versatile. I have gone from 25-85 degrees over the course of a day and never felt ill equipped.
The jacket gets a lot of compliements - it looks tailored. Fit is true to size. I have a 44-46 chest with broad shoulders and went with the 56. No regrets.
I have a 35 waist and went with the 52 pants and have plenty of waist if the holidays take their toll. Inseam is 34 and the length is great.
I also have their summer gear and love it for extreme texas heat.
December 19, 2012
Have a functionality, fit, or otherwise product-specific question about the Rukka Merlin Leather Jacket? Ask it here!
If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our Customer Service department.
RevZilla:The Rukka Merlin Leather Jacket contains the following armor.
*RVP Air Protectors at the elbows, shoulders, and back (no chest protector). *RVP Air Protectors are extremely breathable, very light weight and distribute the impact better than hard protectors *RVP Air Protectors meet the requirements of CE Norm prEN 1621-1 2010Dec 31, 2012
SuperFLY91:I can't compare it to Armas, but with the liner in and vents closed, I won't need anything but a t-shirt underneath for winter riding. Very wind-proof and warm...this jacket should be considered 4 season. You won't be disapointed!Oct 30, 2012