Icon Airmada Medicine Man Helmet
Very good helmet
Very good helmet, satisfied customer but a little cold on the chin. Should come with a chin skirt. Better seal around the visor. All around good helmet for the money, something to be proud of and great graphics. Bought the Salient in pink for the wife, she loves it. Kinda hard to get your head in, but boy, once it's in the fit is extremely comfortable. We would recommend this helmet.
March 3, 2014
You get what you Pay for
o This helmet is comfortable
o The visibility is great (ie: you have full field of peripheral view)
o Graphics are cool
o Low Cost
o The visor is a pain in the butt to change out
o It is quite loud when on the highway, consider wearing headphones or hearing protection
o The airflow is great on your mouth through the lower vents, as for the rest of them, they might as well not be there at all. Your head gets quite hot, I have to ride with the visor up as much as I can.
o THE VENT ON TOP OF THE HELMET IS PEELING OFF. I have had this helmet about 3 months and low pressure created by the air flowing through the vents has pulled it off and now it creates and horrific vibrating sound that resonates while on the highway.
Remember, you get what you pay for. It is a cheap helmet.
If you are on a budget, it will do.. otherwise you can find something better.
February 23, 2014
I must say.... Not bad Not bad
Well this is my first helmet ever, just picked up an 08' Gsx-r 600. This helmet has all the airflow you could possibly want and I have gotten quite a few complements on the graphics which I also love. Putting the helmet on is definitely a little tight...... at first BUT it gradually gets looser and basically becomes a perfect fit and just molds to your head! Love my helmet I am always wearing my it....
September 3, 2013
Airmada Medicine Man
Overall, I am really happy with the helmet. Used the size chart and it was a great fit. (Not a huge deal if you need to return it for another size anyway with Revzilla.)
- Airflow is awesome - you can actually feel a nice breeze inside the helmet and there is no question whether the vents are open or closed. With my Scorpion EXO-400 I often had to check to make sure the vents were open.
- There is significantly less cushion in the cheekpads versus the EXO-400, which also makes it feel cooler. It reminded me of my MX helmet at first, with firmer padding and more open air around the mouth and chin area. (As a result, I suspect it may be a little colder in the winter too.)
- Very light versus any helmets I have owned to date - which is great on longer rides.
- Visor provides noticeably better peripheral vision and the Icon Optics lens is higher quality and creates less color distortion in bright light the the EXO-400 or HJC I had before that. I also got the dark smoke visor and it has been great too - no need to where sunglasses inside the helmet anymore.
- My first helmet with pinlock and it's fine. Closed securely even when you glace back to check your blinds at high speed. But not difficult to open - not sure why some other reviewers had trouble opening the visor?
- The smaller overall size of the helmet is more aerodynamic so there is less buffeting and neck fatigue.
- Noise is comparable to other helmets - not really any quieter or louder either best I can tell.
- My one small complaint would be the chinstrap design. You can snap up the loose end but I can still feel the slack blowing in the wind at high speed, which is annoying. The little piece of cloth on the d-ring for loosening it also get in the way when securing it. Not a big deal with your gloves off but very difficult/impossible with gloved hands.
Bottom line, this has been a nice upgrade for me. Smaller, lighter design with great aerodynamics and air flow, good quality interior lining and a high quality visor. Glad I went with the Airmada and not sure it can be beat at this price point.
Keep the shiny side up!
August 26, 2013
Great Product - Saved My Life
I've purchased three Icon helmets and this is by far the best one I've owned. It's very comfortable and noise level is acceptable, more quiet than my Airframe and Alliance. It has plenty of vents that accommodate a decent amount of airflow but it's nothing to jump up and down about. Removing and replacing the visor is by far the easiest system I've seen on any Icon helmet thus far. The helmet gets little or no buffeting and high speeds. It has a very sleek design as well. I highly recommend this helmet! I crash tested it as well. Will certainly buy another.
On 8/18/2013 I crashed in this helmet and smashed my head right onto the track (see video) and it saved my life. I didn't even know I had hit my head on the ground until I took off the helmet and saw the damage.
August 22, 2013
Icon Airmada Medicine Man
Hi, I ride a 2013 Harley Softail Break-out® and I think it looks the part. I wanted protection most importantly and I always feel Icon puts a little R & D into their products. So, my decision was based on prior product knowledge as well as form and function! You can't usually go wrong with anything Icon.... and I feel this graphic looks pretty cool enough for a Harley rider as well! Enjoy!
August 12, 2013
Excellent product. The fit is snug but true to size. I like the fact that even when I ride upright, this thing flows really well.
Cool graphic too.
July 15, 2013
The first day I got this helmet I was able to put it to the test. Got stuck in a tropical storm and this helmet held up like a champ. The water just rolled off the visor and the snug lining around the neck prevented water from coming in. I even had the vents open but my head remained dry. The airflow on this helmet is just superb. On hot sunny days your head ventilates nicely even if your stuck in traffic which makes it ideal for a daily commuter. The helmet fits snugly on your face which can make it uncomfortable after a long period of time depending on your facial structure but other than that, the Airmada is a great helmet. I got the red to yellow which matches my bike perfectly, and I would highly recommend this product.
June 15, 2013