AGV Corsa Helmet
The AGV Corsa Helmet will be the new race-ready top dog from AGV utilizing technology from the Pista GP but being comprised of a Carbon Fiber / Kevlar / Fiberglass shell. The AGV Corsa will be the successor to the GP-Tech helmet and has been built in conjunction with Valentino Rossi and tested at the highest level. While the Pista will not be as light as its full carbon fiber brother, the shell shape, aerodynamics, ventialtion and eye-port improvements will be shared cross platform.
Key Improvements of the Corsa Compared to the GP Tech:
- Weight savings over the GP-Tech to be announced
- 193% more ventilation surface area
- 71% smaller visor movement area
- 48% less HIC index standard (Head Injury Criterion)
- 44% less lift 36% less g-force transmitted to the head (compared to the ECE regulation)
From RevZilla's stance, the AGV Corsa is a welcomed addition to the newly refocused AGV line of helmets. AGV is listening to its riders and racers and making advances which compliment those constituencies. The AGV Corsa helmet is the latest example. Look for the AGV GT Veloce Helmet to inheret many of the race tech but in a road package in 2013 as well.