Speed and Strength SS1600 Cruise Missile Helmet
Good helmet for the price
After spending an excess of 2k miles with this helmet it seems like a good time to give it an honest review. Overall for the price this helmet it would be hard to beat.
- Helmet is aesthetically beautiful and this is one of the reasons I purchased it
- Drop down sun visor is a must have because I do not like having to carry around a fragile pair of shades.
- Padding and snugness of the pads inside the helmet offer an exceptional fit compared to every other helmet near this price point, it just fits amazingly.
- Helmet is loud, probably due to its aggressive shape allowing more turbulence from the wind. I wear ear plugs so this isn't an issue.
- Ventilation is pathetic, the chin vent works good but the top vents may as well not exist because I can not tell any effect if they are open or closed. I live in a temperate zone so it's not a deal breaker, but if i lived in an extremely hot area I would not purchase this helmet (florida, texas, ect.).
- Visor could come down a little farther, this is mentioned a lot but it is more of a slight nit pick. After a thousand miles I got used to having to look under the visor to see my speed. It is no longer an issue it would just be nice if it came down farther.
Overall for the price of this helmet the features are nice and I would recommend it to anyone assuming they did not live in a hot environment.
April 4, 2015
This was my first helmet purchase and was very suprised with what I received. Fit, style, features, and price were all spot on for what I was looking for. I followed the size chart and information in the video and believed my head to be slightly more round than narrow which is what the video stated and it seems to be a perfect fit. As far as air flow and wind noise there seems to be more noise than there should be seeing as how the top vents are small but this is not compared to other helmets as this is my first one. The light weight was one of the most surprising things about it. The combination of features on this set up are just what I wanted without the unesseceray extras. Speed and strength knocked this one out of the park! Thanks to revzilla for the information and fast service!
March 30, 2015
Great helmet for the money
Great features, comparable to helmets costing 2 and 3 times as much. My only gripe is at highway speed, the seal on the bottom of the visor could do a better job. That seal seems to be the only place SS skimped on material, all else is great.
March 23, 2015
Great for the price. Awesome design. Very comfortable. I really like the internal sun visor. Can't wait to ride this year.
March 16, 2015
Bang for your buck!
Awesome helmet! Get heaps of looks with it and people asking about it, got my Sena smh10 hooked up and gopro chin mounted and looks even more bad a55! Great helmet all round but would have been even better if the had little pockets for the Sena speakers to sit in.
March 9, 2015
Couple of issues
This is a good helmet for the money. I won't go into everything such as noise as everything is what I would hope for when paying less than $200. The helmet is comfortable and looks good.
SIZE - I always have a bought a large in the past and bought this is a large. It is really snug - so snug that I can no longer wear ear buds. I am looking into in ear helmet speakers. First set were 1 inch thickness and I couldn't get my head in. Ordered .5 inch thickness - hoping they will work. This is not to say the size is wrong as the helmet feels good on and I have no problems after rides around 1.5 hrs.
DVD SYSTEM - I find this not to work that well as it distorts your field of vision at the bottom of the screen. Not a big deal as a tinted visor looks a lot better anyway and I was not expecting much from the DVD system.
March 9, 2015
Great bang for your buck
Ive had this helmet for about a month now and i get compliments on it all the time for the style. Sizing is very good although it doesn't seem to leave much room for a bluetooth setup but i haven't tried yet. The dvd system is great but not polarized so it can get a bit hazey and has a good bit of glare but still very useable. Overall this is a great helmet especially for the money.
March 7, 2015
This helmet packs a ton of features that make it a great buy . This was my first S/S helmet. The fit is round, so if the top of your head isn't oval shaped going front to back this isn't for you. Its also a little tight but should wear in. The graphics arent too flashy but give enough style to set it apart and the drop down visor is the coolest feature by far. Air flow is great and adjustable. I've recommended this helmet to a couple friends already.
March 2, 2015