Speed and Strength Cruise Missile Gloves
These gloves need some durability lessons.
Glove fit perfect, and looked great, but it busted a stitch on the index finger on only my 2nd ride, and the finger opened up like a fish-mouth. It might've been a fluke QC issue, but I'm not trusting my hands to them. Went back to AlpineStars.
I still like the gloves, and plan to fix them, but motorcycle gloves should be bomber.
I'm hoping it's just a random QC issue.
July 21, 2014
Overall a good low/mid priced glove
Have used for about 15 hours of riding, these should work fine and I am happy with the product..
Pros: Fairly comfortable, like the gel in the palms, offers some knuckle protection without being overly bulky, casual understated style
Cons: Size M for my palm width, just a fraction more fingertip length would have been nice
July 5, 2014
Perfect fit and comfort
They were slightly tight when I put them on the first time ( XL size gloves on my 14th size palm). But in few rides the high quality leather became exactly fit my hands. I realy enjoy the riding now at hot summer days and chilly nights as well.
June 26, 2014
First gloves I bought, no problem with the fit. Liked the design.
May 27, 2014
Great glove for the price
Overall I am very pleased with this pair of gloves. The price was right up my alley, the quality is more than I expected, and they just look great.
- Decent ventilation and warmth. The perforations kept my hands moderately cool during a ride in 88f, and I didn't begin to feel too cold until about 40 minutes into a nighttime ride in 48f.
- style. Simplistic, yet enough character that a few of my buds asked the brand and where I got them.
- build. For the price I expected much less. A previous pair from another brand at the same price had very stiff leather and blew out two fingers within the first week. I've used these in sun, rain, and moderately cool weather for the past month with no issues. The leather is still soft, the seems are still whole, and the hook and loop shows no wear and tear yet.
- size. They fit well, but are not stretching as much as I would like. For reference my hand is large, but my fingers are longer and slim. If you find yourself towards the top end of a size and your hand isn't "average" I would recommend bumping to the next up.
- ventilation. While I listed this as an all around pro, if you find yourself in warmer weather more often than not and are a mainly city driver (as I myself am) then your hands will start to heat up. Not much of an issue while moving, but in stop and go scenarios it did become a but uncomfortable.
Overall, if you are looking for a decent spring/summer glove that is in the lower price bracket I would definitely recommend this one. As you can see above the pros far outweigh the cons in my mind. And as always, revzilla was completely awesome and easy to deal with.
May 5, 2014
Great value - but get a bigger size
I like these gloves very much. I hadn't previously owned a motorcycle specific glove...just a good old fashioned leather pair. These seem well built and I like the extra padding they have - I assume that might come in handy if I ever go skidding across the pavement (lets hope I don't get to add that to this review later on). I did order the size Large - because generally speaking ...I'm a size Large on everything. Gloves, shirts, jackets (In fact, I bought the Icon 1000 Vigilante jacket from Revzilla in Large). I do have a big head - I need an XL for that ...but everything else is Large across the board. Turns out the Large in this glove is too small for me. Two issues with it. 1. the stitching is inside the glove - so because the glove was slightly small on me, it felt like that stitching was pushing on the tip of my finger/finger nail (it was odd). 2. It was just small enough that it felt like my hand was under constant strain - across the palms, etc. I sorta hoped the leather would stretch ...but I didn't know if it would and didn't want to take the chance (and then not be able to return them). So I ordered the XL - and as the saying go's ... ":they fit like a glove". I've not got about 400 miles in them - and am very happy I moved up the XL. They aren't that much bigger than the L - so if you're concerned that you have a little bigger hands ...just get the XL and be done.
May 5, 2014
Great Looking Glove
I love the look of these gloves. They have a nice vintage/cafe feel to them, which works well with my 73 Honda. For half the price of similar gloves by RSD, they are a great value as well. The stitching around the inside of the fingertips bothered me and first, but felt better after wearing them for a few rides.
April 8, 2014