Forcefield Extreme Harness Adventure
This Protection harness is an amazing product that its not the best for everyday use because it may take up to 2 min to put in place vs putting on a jacket with all the gear in 10 sec...
You will get hot in case that you wear an external layer and sweat.
the velcros look tough but been using them over a month and in some parts not velcro designed like the external limits now look like "Velcro" and dont know if they will fail eventually...
Overall its a great product, that im sure in case of a fall will protect you more than anything i´ve ever wear... (race suits, leather suits, diferent vest protections mesh jackets and so on.
July 7, 2014
Forcefield Harness Suit
Great suit for the money. Nice to have added chest and back protection. Quality engineering when compared to the plastic pieces that other manufactures uses.
Suit is a bit time consuming to initially set up. Shoulder and Elbow protection is also laborus to put on.Overall construction is top notch. Velcro can be a bit higher quality though
I mainly purchased this Harness suit so that I am not limited to the type of Summer Mesh jackets that I can buy as many come with flimsy foam padding that pass for armor.
Overall, a high quality engineered product with the ability to with stand multiple impacts in the event of an off to lessen the severity of injury.
April 13, 2014
Superb quality and protection / Awful ergonomics
I really like Forcefield products. They do excellent job in protecting your body and I love the fact that all the panels are flexible.
that being said, when I tried to put on Forcefield Extreme Harness Adventure for the first time I hated it with all my hart. The chest and back panels are a breeze to put on; however, when it comes to the arm protection it is almost a 2-man job to get them on. I was using my kitchen table and walls to press the armor against in order to get everything strapped in and I was sweating like a farmer.
So back in the box it goes and I am returning it. I will try that new Alpinestars low profile jacket next so look out for the review.
November 21, 2013
Comfortable fit with excellent protection and versatility.
I'm 5'7" 150 lbs with a 39-40 chest purchased "Small" and it fits perfect.
My experience with the Forcefield Extreme Harness Adventure is, it has a pretty comfortable fit with excellent protection but the time/adjustments required to place everything over yourself is not practical for daily use.
If you are still interested in the Forcefield chest/back protectors look into the Forcefield Extreme Harness Flite it has the same CE1 chest/CE2 back without the hassle and combine it with a mid price jacket that has CE1 shoulder/elbow inserts for top protection.
May 6, 2013
After 2000+ miles and a crash I recommend this item
I did a lot of research prior to buying upper body armor, and I felt Forcefield offered the best protection. I sport-tour and do track days wearing the Forcefield EHA.
- High quality construction and materials. Really impressed by the level of craftsmanship.
- Great protection. I low-side on the track going about 60mph. I slid on the tarmac for about 15ft and then hit the rumble strip and rolled into the grass. My leather jacket had rashes on the side I hit, but I had absolutely no bruises or soreness in my upper body. Just lucky or did Forcefield protect me? Probably a combination of both.
- I like that this armor is separate from my leather jacket and tight against my body. THIS IS KEY. That prevents the armor from moving inside the jacket during a crash.
- Great impact absorption technology. As Anthony explains in the Forcefield videos, the impact absorption is much greater than the minimum requirements by the safety rating agency.
- Comfortable. Once you get it to fit right underneath your jacket you'll be comfortable all day.
Negatives: (While I call these "negatives", I really just consider them necessary evils for the high level of protection you get).
- Reduces airflow somewhat, but not entirely. No way to really get around this, but I have learned to live with it in the summer. Might actually be a good thing in cold weather!!
- Requires extra time to suit up for riding. It's not as convenient as having the armor built into your riding jacket. But as I said above, because it's separate from the jacket I think it will stay in place better in the event of a crash.
- Fairly bulky, but not too bad. If your current jacket is already skin tight without body armor, you will be hard pressed to fit this underneath. You'll need to go up a size in jacket to wear this underneath.
- I'm a tall skinny guy at 6'3" 175lbs. I bought a large size. I found the straps to be too big for my lean body. I couldn't get the chest protector as tight as I would like across my chest. So I took the gear to a good tailor and had the straps shortened up in the arms, chest protector straps, and back protector strap that goes across your belly. Now the arms are shortened up and fit better. And the chest and back protector fit tighter as well.
Couple of other notes:
- For all day comfort, you'll want to wear a long sleeve shirt of some kind underneath this. An UnderArmor type product works well. (I use Cycle Gear's Heat Out shirt.) Other wise the arm straps are going to chaff your arms.
- You'll need to remove the back/shoulder/elbow pads from your riding jacket/race suit. So make sure they are removable before your buy this.
All in all I am a firm believer that Forcefield has made a BEST IN CLASS product here that will really give you some good protection when you are out flogging your bike!!
June 30, 2012
Great Choice for Upper Body Protection
I spent quite awhile looking at different upper body armor. The Forcefield gear looked good but the price point seemed high.
I kept looking and trying on other types at my local motorcycle shop. The Mesh shirt type seemed like a hassle to put on and I worried if it would stay in place during a get-off. Then there was the individual plastic pad type. By the time I bought all the parts to complete a full upper body set it was just about the same costs as the Forcefield.
So I made the decision to try the Forcefield EHA. I figured if I didn't like it I could send it back.
The harness came 3 days after ordering and when I first tried it on I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I continued to wear it, and as the armor began to "break-in" it felt better and better with every ride.
I will say if you want a piece of armor that has great ventilation look elsewhere. This gear is warm and on a hot day you will sweat under the vest. If you have a european fitting jacket you may have some trouble fitting the jacket over the armor. My Firstgear TPG Rainier fits but not so well with an insulating layer on top of the armor.
This gear is very flexible and it stays in place. It takes only a minute or so to put on and it moves with you when your on the bike.
After a few days of wearing it, and getting used to the armor I feel unsafe if I don't have it on when riding. Kind'a like driving without a seat belt or not wearing your helmet.
This body protection makes it easy to WATGATT. (wear all the gear all the time). After riding with it for a month it's barely noticeable now when I have it on.
As far as the price point,,, This gear is worth every penny. I'm completely satisfied.
May 26, 2012
I think I like this Harness. I was a little unsure of the fit at first. The suit needs a fair amount of adjustment. The thing about this suit it feels better on the bike then off. I already crash tested the right shoulder in a so so crash. It worked! I think the best crash test is one that you are wearing amour that is comfortable in. I have a 45" chest and a 33" waist and I think I am between a medium and large. I wear a XL in shirts. I bought a medium and the shoulder Velcro is about out of adjustment. The waist is okay. I don't care how much armor costs as long as it is comfortable. I did wear my Leatt brace with it. I took the shoulder padding off the Leatt and it works perfect. The FF has about .75 inches in padding in the strap overlay. I will also wear the chest and back under a Dual sport coat.
January 31, 2011
Awesome equipment...Fits great, light, and made with tough mats...Highly recommended...
August 2, 2010