Cardo Scala Rider Q1 Teamset
Easy to use for the most part; excellent sound
Just tried these out for a 1800 miles trip with the mrs. First use of a communicator system.
I can't give a complete review, for we didn't do the recommended update/website sync that's required. Apparently this is mandatory, for the stock settings on one unit was way too low (or VOX sensitive). Thought we could do this on a public computer, but it requires a download which no one allows :-(
I wonder if some of the negative reviews were from users who tried this system right out of the box. We actually ran into the West cost Scala rep for Tucker Rocky, and he insisted that the units need to be registered to properly work.
But when the units synced, the sound was very good. iPhone music/sound was instant, and very good. The initial pairing on the units can sometimes take up to 30 seconds, don't know why. We also picked up some beeping, guessing it was trying to connect with other bluetooth devices in the area. Didn't impeded on conversation, just a bit odd.
Hopefully we can do a better review on our next trip, once the devices are updated and properly set up.
September 15, 2014
Miles with not much regrets!
Unboxing the Q1 trying to find the correct pieces didn't take that long and right the first time. Pairing it with the handphone & GPS is very easy. Initially the speakers produces noises while playing the mp3 from the phone via Bluetooth but it proved to work well the next day. I really like how simple it is do everything on this device especially randomly tuning the saved channels as when I like (#LIKEABOSS).
December 14, 2013
like the volume control easy to use
Took time to get used to, helmet speaker placement helped after getting correct ear placement, love the radio. Works good if you don't have a radio on bike.
December 10, 2013
Great for couples
I bought this so my wife and I can chat while she's on the back of the bike with me. It works as advertised. It's not perfect, but it works better than some other similar products we tried. When riding solo I can also make and receive calls and that is cool. We use them on HJC helmets that were designed for use with another product, but these are far better.
August 5, 2013
High Quality Product
Things I love:
1) The deciding factor for my purchase was that you could use your ear buds in lieu of the provided speakers. However, I found that if I use the speakers and put ear plugs in also, the ambient noise goes away and the music sound transmits quite nice. So thus far haven't tried the earbud option because the speakers give good sound.
2) Instead of the boom mic, I utilized the wired mic. Those people I have spoken with through my bluetooth linked phone say the sound is great and they had no problems hearing me, even though I was going down the highway. I'm utilizing a full face helmet and recommend this option.
3) The unit disconnects and comes off the helmet very easily so that you can charge it without having to drag the helmet around too.
4) Bluetooth linkage was quite easy for a first time user. I linked both my phone and GPS into the unit. For music, I utilized my Sony Walkman (which doesn't have bluetooth) via the wired connection and this worked nice. Another reason why the ease of disconnecting the unit from the helmet is a plus.
5) The FM radio is a plus.
6) Packaging - The quality of just the box and packaging demonstrates that you have purchased a high quality product. I can use this packaging now for a storage container and it isn't just a cardboard box, but rather a container designed for shelf storage.
Things I think could improve:
a) Controls are easy, but you do have to memorize some button sequences. I can perform all control functions with a glove, but it took me a while to memorize the button sequences needed say to turn on the radio.
June 17, 2013
Great bang for the buck.
Far far superior to past products. Sound quality from stock speakers has increased dramatically. The feature to plug in separate speakers (ear buds) is greatly appreciated.
May 28, 2013