Certain option combinations (sizes, colors, fitments, etc.) are more expensive than others.
In this case the option is more expensive than the base price,
so a price adjustment of has been added to Your Price.
Drop us your email and we'll let you know when it's in.
Great for couples
I bought this so my wife and I can chat while she's on the back of the bike with me. It works as advertised. It's not perfect, but it works better than some other similar products we tried. When riding solo I can also make and receive calls and that is cool. We use them on HJC helmets that were designed for use with another product, but these are far better.
August 5, 2013
High Quality Product
Things I love:
1) The deciding factor for my purchase was that you could use your ear buds in lieu of the provided speakers. However, I found that if I use the speakers and put ear plugs in also, the ambient noise goes away and the music sound transmits quite nice. So thus far haven't tried the earbud option because the speakers give good sound.
2) Instead of the boom mic, I utilized the wired mic. Those people I have spoken with through my bluetooth linked phone say the sound is great and they had no problems hearing me, even though I was going down the highway. I'm utilizing a full face helmet and recommend this option.
3) The unit disconnects and comes off the helmet very easily so that you can charge it without having to drag the helmet around too.
4) Bluetooth linkage was quite easy for a first time user. I linked both my phone and GPS into the unit. For music, I utilized my Sony Walkman (which doesn't have bluetooth) via the wired connection and this worked nice. Another reason why the ease of disconnecting the unit from the helmet is a plus.
5) The FM radio is a plus.
6) Packaging - The quality of just the box and packaging demonstrates that you have purchased a high quality product. I can use this packaging now for a storage container and it isn't just a cardboard box, but rather a container designed for shelf storage.
Things I think could improve:
a) Controls are easy, but you do have to memorize some button sequences. I can perform all control functions with a glove, but it took me a while to memorize the button sequences needed say to turn on the radio.
June 17, 2013
Great bang for the buck.
Far far superior to past products. Sound quality from stock speakers has increased dramatically. The feature to plug in separate speakers (ear buds) is greatly appreciated.
May 28, 2013
Have a functionality, fit, or otherwise product-specific question about the Cardo Scala Rider Q1 Teamset? Ask it here!
If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our Customer Service department.
Multiple character wildcard search. Looks for 0 or more characters
Single character wildcard search
Escapes any of the previous special characters
juliana l asked:Quick question to confirm feature: I read somewhere (in another product page) that only the Q3 is capable of music sharing between rider and passenger. Now I read in the product details of the Q1 that it is also capable of music sharing. So just to confirm, is the Q1 capable for music sharing or not? Thanks!Aug 13, 2013
Timothy E:Q1 is capable of Music Sharing. However, it is limited to only bluetooth stereo audio sources. The response won't let me link to other websites, but go to cardosystems(dot)com website (if I put the actual "dot" there, the Revzilla site doesn't allow an answer), click on Support, then highlight Manuals. At this point select "Scala Rider Family", and then find the Q1 Teamset manual. For at least the English language manual, look at Section 6.5 on Page 11. I haven't personally done much rider/passenger use for my Q1, but this feature did work for my Sony Walkman in the bluetooth mode when I checked it out. When I bought this unit, I had seriously debated the Q3, as well as the Sena Units. I ended up purchasing this unit and am thankful I did. I bought it because I could use my regular earbuds, but ended up liking the sound with the supplied speakers in the helmet and then wearing earplugs. The sounds outside the helmet are damped by the earplugs and the stereo sound comes in outstanding. So I am quite pleased with the Scala Rider and have huge recommendation of it. A great unit! But that is my preference anyway.Aug 14, 2013
The Q1 rider set has music sharing capabilities. I've used mine while riding with my daughter. It's a nice set up. I would make sure that you sync your units on your computer and do the set up that way. It's much easier.
I hope I helped ya!
John G:Yes, although I have not tried it yet. It disables the intercom between the two, so you can have intercom (talking to each other) or share your music to the passenger, but not both at the same time. Was one of the reasons I switched to this model (love the FM as well).Aug 14, 2013
Eric E:Yes, you can share music via Bluetooth to both rider and passenger units. It is clunky switching between the music and communication. So, don't be in as hurrybto talk if uou are listening to music.Aug 14, 2013
Jonathan R:The Q1 is capable of sharing music. I just tried it for the first time earlier today, pushing music from Bluetooth connected iPhone playing on one headset to the other headset....worked great!Aug 14, 2013
Adi H:Dear John I don't know this helmet so I cant answer you about installing the Q1. However, I'm very happy with the Q1. I had Cardo Teamset which I bought 5 years ago, and this model is by far better, You can send me a picture of your helmet (or a link to it) and I'll try to give you an answer about the installation. AdiOct 16, 2013