TCX Infinity GTX Boot
Nice boot, a bit stiff, I expect a long breakin time
Generally good I'm sure they will be the only boots I'll wear
November 17, 2014
Good protection, comfortable.
Good protection, and comfortable. Adventure riding in Colorado from 38 degrees to 96 (same day) with minimalist sock. Room for ski sock this winter. Heat, cold, dry, downpour -awesome foot/ankle/shin ware. Smacked by asphalt, rocks, rain, debris and foot pegs -no problem. Good grip on the peg. Fine for short walking at destination. Have a pair of street shoes I leave at the office to change into. While the buckle system could have been engineered better, the buckle diatribe is a non-issue once you figure it out. I wear a 44 in American boots and these are true to fit. Buy the right gear once.
September 4, 2014
Sturdy, Tall, and Bulky
I'm a new rider and I really wanted a pair of boots with good protection. Initially I looked at some slightly shorter boots such as the TCX X-Miles WP boots and the Gaerne G-Impulse Boots. However, I have long thin calves and both of those boots left too much space between the cuff and my calves for me to feel comfortable the boots would stay on my feet if I were in an accident.
I spent an inordinate amount of time watching videos narrowing down my choices as I tried to find a boot that would be comfortable, protective, and tall enough to fit snugly around the broadest part of my calf (near the top of my calf).
Meanwhile the cost of the boots I was looking at was going up along with the cuff height.
I've now had these boots for about a week and I'm happy with them for the most part - though I do have issues with them as well.
- fit great around my calves. I have long distance runner legs; long and lean. These taller boots really fit my calf style well. For reference I have a 34" inseam and very skinny legs.
- protection - the toe cup, heal, and ankles all have some decent protection built in. Plus, there is a shin guard. I ended up with more armor than I was initially looking for but I'm happy to have it.
- Comfort - the are pretty comfortable. Sure, they are stiff but not so that I can't walk in them. Plus, I mostly only wear them when I'm on the bike and, for the most part, I forget they are on. NOTE: I wear short socks with these boots and the boots are still pretty comfortable on my calf above my socks.
- Soles - the soles seem pretty solid and have a non-slip quality about them. I do mostly city riding in a rainy area so I really appreciate the traction the soles provide.
- Buckles - The buckles feel chintzy and cheap. The adjuster part is really weak feeling and the buckles don't really remember how you adjusted them because the strap can easily slip around within the buckle when the boots aren't on.
-foot box is huge. I wear a 43 and while the length and width are pretty solid the space above my foot in the boot seems cavernous. My foot can really move around in the boot which makes me a little nervous.
- Toe-box is tall. This isn't a huge problem but initially I wasn't sure I'd even be able to angle my foot to be able to shift in the boots. I can - but I am definitely going to adjust the shift lever. If you get these be prepared to adjust your shift lever as well.
I haven't dealt with any heavy rain yet but I'm not worried about the waterproof nature of the boot. I believe it will be fine.
July 28, 2014
Great value for money
Awesome boot. I'm a size 14 US went for the EU 49 spot on size and just enough room for heavy socks. Features and style are great not too much of a power ranger look. Very comfortable even out the box , wee bit stiff but I'm sure they'll break in a bit. Time we'll tell on durability but build quality looks pretty good so far. On my first ride out got caught in a few rain storms the gortex waterproofing defiantly works, not a drop got through. Highly recommend .Great value for the money. Revzilla delivery was speedy and free too nice one guys n gals!
July 9, 2014
Everything that's written in the product description is true. Great boots. Buy a pair and enjoy your ride!
July 8, 2014
made for overall large feet
I wear a size 11 but at the time I bought this boot (mid 2013), the sizing was 45/46, which is on the big side for me so i wear a larger sock. Front to back, they fit pretty true to size but they're huge in the upper foot area with just too much extra material for my less bulky feet. I'm taken a few falls and the boots can certainly take a beating, but there's not enough support for me in the outer ankle area. Some of the weight of my GS was on my foot and the material is very soft so it just pushes in on the foot. I'm going with more of a motocross boot (EVO 1.1 Pro) this time for the sole (no pun intended) reason of having more foot protection.
June 26, 2014
This is my second pair. The last pair lasted 12 years (formerly branded as Oxtar) and approximately 100,000 miles. They finally wore out, and I saw no reason to change. Highly recommended.
June 15, 2014
Bought these and immediately took them out for a three-day trip. Here are my early impressions:
* They are breaking in fairly quickly. Perfectly comfortable on the bike, and reasonably so walking around. I am getting a bit of irritation around the upper side of the interior ankle protection when walking, but I expect it to even out with further break-in.
* Protection on the boots feels solid - heel, toe, shin and ankle.
* This is my first pair with buckles. The leather strap is having a tendency to bend under the buckle, which is a bother. Buckling down tightly is creating some hard creases. The buckle adjustments feel a bit flimsy. Again, though, this is my first boots with buckles, so I'm not scoring hard on these points.
* Style is quite attractive to my eyes.
* Part of my riding was shorts (under my riding pants). My socks were mid-calf, and the upper part of the boots irritated some against my skin, but nothing bad. I'll probably buy some higher socks.
* The uppers don't appear to be stitched to the sole - just sealed with glue or whatever. No problems with this on my ride. We'll see how it looks in a few years.
These are pretty much all small gripes. After the three days I feel good enough to keep them and consider them my "regular" boots.
May 27, 2014