Speed and Strength SS1600 American Beauty Helmet
Love this helmet
This is the first helmet I have bought. I love the full face helmet and the drop down visor. The drop down visor helps a lot especially when riding into the sun. The helmet comes with a clear visor. I would suggest they come out with a yellow or amber visor for this helmet. I have not had the issues other riders have had with the drop down visor.
August 25, 2015
I've been using this helmet for roughly three weeks now. I initially wanted a modular, but the shape and graphics on this lid were simply nuts, and I ended up going with it. I went with the black and silver graphics because I didn't want the orange stripe; although I loved the matte on the orange. The black is glossy and the silver stripe has a rainbow effect on it almost like a fishing lure.
My head measurement was 22 7/8", which is right on the upper limit of size M. I chose a medium and am very happy that I did. The helmet fits remarkably well, with little to no movement even when looking backwards or sideways. Another note on size: I attempted to put music ear buds in my ears and then slide the helmet on. This did not work at all, and the helmet pulled the ear buds out of my ears. Maybe if the helmet fit a little larger it would work, but it did not for me since it's basically the perfect size. Not a big deal..
When I was looking for a helmet to buy, mandatory on my list was an internal sun visor. The one on this helmet is great for my needs. I noticed the tint could be slightly darker, but I never have any trouble riding in bright sunny days in Tampa Bay. The venting is OK - this is really the only street helmet I've ever had, so I don't have much to compare it to. I noticed some air flows up between the chin of the helmet and my face, which at times is slightly bothersome, but still is not a major detractor for this lid.
I get compliments on this helmet all the time. The radical shape (especially at the rear) and the graphics scheme is really aggressive and cool. The helmet is pretty quiet. Not loud in an annoying sense at all, but ambient sounds can still be heard easily. I did my best in this review to be honest and explain all my thoughts about it. I found these reviews helpful and I am very happy with my purchase. If you are considering this helmet, I hope my review helped you decide one way or the other. It's an awesome lid.
August 17, 2015
Helmet looks and fits great
No complaints, honestly great helmet!
August 3, 2015
Looks and fits good
Looks and fits good , great helmet for the price..
August 3, 2015
Style and fit is very nice, no buffeting at high speeds, outer visor will drop by itself at highway speeds not sure if coincidence or feature, seems really cheap inner drop down visor broke in less than one day on third trip out, stopped for gas retracted it and won't go back down now. Was backordered till have way through Michigan's riding season (we only get five solid months here)(like really? Riding season happens every year get it together) as far as noise your on a motorcycle going to hear wind, edges are really janky
July 4, 2015
Noisey & Cheap
Cheaply made and Noisey. Wouldn't rebut this product.
June 8, 2015
Great helmet for the money
The wife loves it, cream and gold color looks amazing and feminine. Great airflow, pretty quiet. Gave 5 stars because for the money, the fit, finish, and features are that of much more expensive helmets.
March 16, 2015
Good helmet for the price
After spending an excess of 2k miles with this helmet it seems like a good time to give it an honest review. Overall for the price this helmet it would be hard to beat.
- Helmet is aesthetically beautiful and this is one of the reasons I purchased it
- Drop down sun visor is a must have because I do not like having to carry around a fragile pair of shades.
- Padding and snugness of the pads inside the helmet offer an exceptional fit compared to every other helmet near this price point, it just fits amazingly.
- Helmet is loud, probably due to its aggressive shape allowing more turbulence from the wind. I wear ear plugs so this isn't an issue.
- Ventilation is pathetic, the chin vent works good but the top vents may as well not exist because I can not tell any effect if they are open or closed. I live in a temperate zone so it's not a deal breaker, but if i lived in an extremely hot area I would not purchase this helmet (florida, texas, ect.).
- Visor could come down a little farther, this is mentioned a lot but it is more of a slight nit pick. After a thousand miles I got used to having to look under the visor to see my speed. It is no longer an issue it would just be nice if it came down farther.
Overall for the price of this helmet the features are nice and I would recommend it to anyone assuming they did not live in a hot environment.
April 4, 2015