Scorpion Trey Pants
3 XL did not fit 42" waist
Never have worn a 3 XL in anything. I wear a 42x32 jean. I figured that I would rather have pants be a little too big so I wen with the 3 XL as recommended. Unfortunately, these pants were at least 4 inches too small in the waist. For the larger rider, I would not recommend this pant. However, I really like the design and look of this pant. Wish they had my size.
March 3, 2015
Yes, I would agree, they are good looking pants that fit well with good airflow.
I decided to buy these pants after a rather nasty fall. I live in Kenya and the roads are filled with all manner of dangers, including cattle, reckless drivers, pot holes (lots of pot holes) and human traffic. These pants have helped restore my confidence in riding around again.
December 29, 2014
GREAT PAIR OF OVER PANTS!
I'm 6'-6" tall, 250lbs, 38"x36" Jeans and the 3XL fit perfectly over my jeans with the liner. I rode in 39F weather today and felt comfortable with just a pair of jeans on underneath. The padding is in the perfect locations and the pants are comfortable when riding. The pants also look great. The feel and quality are worth the price.
I ordered the 2XL first, but the waist was too tight so Revzilla sent me the 3XL and I received them within two days. Awesome customer service.
November 21, 2014
Scorpion Trey Pants
Well its a little soon to comment about durability as just received the pants in Aug. Good air flow, comfortable for me in the end of summer temps of 95+ degrees without the liner. I like the smaller metal zipper hoping it is more durable then the plastic YKK zipper that is so prone to failure in my experience's in different riding pants, riding jackets and trunk bags I have had in the past. Nothing worse then having to throw away a perfect good item because of a failed zipper. Currently wearing them in winter weather(with liner in), comfortable down to 26 degrees with just a hint of chill after 20 minutes on highway. Today it was 16 degrees and could feel a sting on the upper part of my thighs on my 30 minute commune to work. I work in a shop so I also have jeans plus coveralls on underneatht.
In regards to the fit, well using the info on the site about measuring above the waist at the belly button I got the right size the first time.
November 12, 2014
Just got them, 3 days after I ordered. Nice! I wear jean size 40 waist with 36 inch inseam. I ordered the 3xl and they fit over my jeans perfectly. A little snug at first, but read they will stretch a litle bit in the waiste and I also adjusted the side velco strips to adjust. The extra hem length is actually perfect for me. I am 6' 6" tall. No hemming needed. Good as is with good boot coverage. AIrflow will be restircted due to non removable waterproofing liner, but I plan on wearing shorts in the warm weather under these, which will help. Jeans in the cooler weather. I DO wish there was a bit more reflective material on them aside from the leg piping. The pant to jacket zipper will not fit my Fieldsheer Hi temp mesh jacket zipper, but the jacket will attach to the pants via the snap loop on it. Not a problem. Maybe a choice of gray / silver would be good for options as well Scorpion? Anyways, I hope NOT to find out how good they hold up in worse case scenerio, but they seem well built, decent hip foam protection and good adjustable knee guards. I did adjust my knee guards in the upper position for my fit. Highly recommend these pants!
September 17, 2014
Heavy and very snug with jeans
This is the first pair of riding pants I've owned so I don't really have anything to compare these to.
Based on the sizing chart I am supposed to be firmly in a Large (33-34 waist and 34 inseam). However, with the liner in these pants they are very snug when you wear jeans underneath. I am hopeful that they pants will "loosen" up over time.
Even with the liner out, if you're wearing jeans, they are a little snug in the crotch.
I wore shorts under them today, with the liner out, and they were great. However, yesterday, with jeans under them, I couldn't even tell there was venting. I was just hot. However, I can't really fault the pant for that -it was hot out (85+) and it would be unreasonable to expect a pant with so much material to seem like it isn't on.
1. I really like all the heavy duty denier material. I feel like if I needed these pants to provide some abrasion resistance they would.
2. I really like the fact that the side zippers go all the way up to the waist. If you wear these fully use those zippers as it makes it so much easier to put the pants on and adjust your normal clothes.
3. I like the hip and knee armor. They are the main reason I bought the pant and I feel much more protected with these on. The knee armor is pretty long and covers the top half of my shin. I'm pretty happy about that.
4. I am glad the ankle cuff can close firmly. Before having these when wearing jeans my pant leg often got caught on my foot peg when I was putting my foot on the ground (at a stop light for instance). Having everything cinched up is really nice.
1. They are Tight with pants on under neath. You might want to order up a size. I don't know if this is normal. Maybe ask the experts at Revzilla before you order.
2. Heavy. This is really a pro and a con. I'm glad they are heavy becuase I feel like they will offer good protection but, at the same time, they are much heavier than I expected so they are pretty warm, even without the liner if the temp is over 75 out.
July 10, 2014
My son loves them
Bought for my son who is 6'1". He tried the tall first because pants are usually not long enough. The talls were too long, knee pad too low. Returned then and got standard length which are perfect.
June 16, 2014
Great value and comfort
These riding pants have great value and comfort. Only thing I have found is that the hip protection pads keep rolling/folding up and have to be constantly adjusted. Other than that they breath nicely, easy to put on and super comfortable while riding or just standing around.
June 9, 2014