Scorpion EXO-1100 Jag Helmet
I bought this lid because a guy on the forum tested it out live. Fortunately, he survived and showed pics to the rest of us how the helmet held up under the accident. It was all I needed. This helmet was true to advertising and a great value for the cost.
June 22, 2015
Wow! Top Notch!
At first I was apprehensive about purchasing a helmet online, especially one from the USA as I'm based in New Zealand and ride a 2013 Ninja ZX-6R. After a lot of research and trials I decided to take a chance with Revzilla. I had tried out the Exo 1000 model at a local store for fitting before buying the 1100 online - the Exo 1100 isn't available locally.
Trust me when I tell you the pictures on Revzilla (although very well taken) DO NOT do the helmet justice - the finish on the Exo 1100 is impeccable. The paint has a pearlescent finish and is deep gloss. The graphics are sharp!
The fit was exactly as described - intermediate oval = my head.
- I've ridden with the helmet in 30 kmph cross winds the very next day I bought it - it is quiet at speeds of up to 75-80 kmph after which it doesn't howl / roar all that much - perfectly acceptable as i wear earplugs.
- One thing missed out in the reviews is the fact that there is an indent for communicator speakers in the lining - i had no trouble plugging in a Sena SMH10-11 unit.
- Although the helmet weighs 1645 grams (small size) it doesn't feel that heavy and i can only blame the great padding / lining in the helmet.
- The anti-fog visor IS ANTI-FOG! It really works, peak of winter here and there is nothing negative to report - saved me some dosh on a pinlock system.
- some people have commented that the drop down sunvisor isn't low enough - i have an average size forehead, the helmet sits perfectly above my eyebrow and the visor is low enough for me but - yes it could be lower.
- i used the airfit system, it felt gimmicky when i tried the helmet on at home - but the feature really shined through when riding in cross winds / headwinds. it DOES improve the fit - even the minimal wind shake was completely gone as i pumped up the ballasts.
Improvements that could be made:
- Scorpion could come up with a polarised lens option.
- I'm VERY VERY happy with this helmet and picking the white / red/ blue JAG print was the best thing to do - it really is a racy eye catching fast graphic.
Good job Scorpion & Revzilla - now if only your shipping to NZ wasn't so expensive ;)
June 19, 2015
I get better quality vision wearing my polarized oakleys. Not to mention the notable step down in airflow over the exo R710. But the high viz and clear shield are pretty cool. The lens does get foggy easily, I wouldn't know that they advertise fog free with this helmet.
The sun shield doesn't come far enough down and the helmet cuts off line of site to my gauge cluster on my '15 Vulcan S.
June 15, 2015
Love the features and the style
my second Scorpion helmet and i really like it. the style and colors caught my eye right away. i like the flip down sun shade and the customization you get with the pump feature.
this helmet has less wind buffeting than my old one, but is still a bit on the loud side.
overall i would recommend this helmet.
June 1, 2015
Was looking for a new helmet but didn't want to spend top dollar. This helmets upgraded material and cool graphics at this price point made it an easy decision. And with the addition of the drop down sun visor makes it that much better of a pick up. Sizing is good with a little break in, another cool little feature if you have a narrow face there is a pump in the chin to give you that snug fit around the check pads.
May 25, 2015
Wouldn't hesitate to buy another, great fit and looks good
May 19, 2015
Good fit, good value.
I ordered the high viz model after looking at similar models in the local brick and mortar. I like the color pattern of the high viz and I wanted the extra visibility. I like all of the vents and the flip down sun shade is handy when turning into the sun and not wearing sun glasses. It fits me great after it broke in a bit. It was a bit tight on day 1. I haven't really used the pump up cheeks feature since it really fits good already but it seems like a good idea. Very happy with this helmet especially for the price.
May 12, 2015
Great value, awesome looks
I love the looks of this helmet, and I had tried on my friends for size beforehand, so I knew what to expect. I was stuck between this one and the HJC IS-17, because I actually think the HJC fits better, but it feels more unwieldy and large. The ventilation is alright, but where it shines is how much wind doesn't slap you around the face. I wear glasses and contacts, and with my previous helmet I couldn't wear the contacts because I would get too much wind in my eyes, drying them out almost immediately. With the EXO-1100, you can control how much airflow on the face easily. (I like the switch that allows you to lock the shield in a cracked position, it works very well for me). I do wear my glasses usually with the helmet, and it works fine, but it might not work for all types. The HJC had better eyeglass cutouts, but I don't really have any issues with the scorpion. The drop down screen could be darker (it was darker on my last one), but it still does the job nicely. The adjustments to airflow using the vents doesn't seem to do a whole lot, but I can feel it flowing a bit. We shall see how it handles summer, though. Best helmet I've owned, and I love it.
May 12, 2015