Scorpion EXO-1100 Jag Helmet
Comfortable but poor quality control.
I love this helmet as it fits great and gets good air flow, how ever the interior and exterior shell is off center. The helmet sits slightly to the left. This is also evident by the position of the markers.
August 22, 2015
Great overall product.
This helmet is great, I love it! It fits very well and is very quiet. The air flow in the helmet is wonderful. I also love the fact that it has the adjustable cheek pads.
August 3, 2015
Great all rounder helmet
This is a great all rounder helmet - if you could only have one, I would suggest this one. I use this helmet during my commute and I can't complain. It does it's job, and well. Air flow is good, sun visor is super useful for those days you are riding both morning and night so you don't have to carry around a spare visor.
Shape is more for round heads - I have a more oval head and can feel myself getting a headache on longer rides. Another minor gripe I have is the top liner does not button near the brow, making it sag a little. Doesn't obscure vision, but can be annoying. Also not recommended for track days/racing - the way the viewport is constructed looking all the way through turns left/right while hanging off obscures your vision and is very distracting.
This helmet seems to have the best field of vision on a standard/more upright seating position.
Summary: Great commuter/touring helmet, not so great at track.
August 19, 2015
Highly recommend this helmet! Great product
I recieved this helmet as a gift. I was really impressed with all the features and comfort.
I highly recommend this product.
August 17, 2015
Decent Helmet, Nothing Special
Just about average in every aspect. Made for a more round style head. The shell construction feels fairly solid.
Face shield, drop down visor, and vents feel "clunky" and like they are made of cheap material. They almost feel like they would snap off with minimal amount of force. Granted this isn't a premium quality helmet, I guess I just expected a little more quality.
The face shield is easy to take off, however requires a little more effort than I'd like to put back on.
Good venting. Riding in 90-100 degree heat and don't break a sweat while riding at speed.
Air fit is nice, however if the bladders fail, you won't have a good cheek fit. Obviously.
At 70mph, with all the vents open, this helmet is unbearably LOUD. So unbearable that I had to pull over and buy earplugs. I'm hoping to give the benefit to the helmet due to all vents being open and it not creating a perfect seal around the bottom of my chin, but it was really, really bad. I asked a buddy of mine to switch helmets and he had the same problem. He rides with an open face and the wind noise was just about the same between the two.
Wore it on a 12 hour ride and held up nicely. Neck was a little sore, but I would expect that. Nothing unbearable. No pressure points for my particular head.
All in all a good helmet for putting around town or riding some back roads for the day. I would not recommend for long distance trips at highway speeds though, just for the wind noise. If you can get a better seal than me around the chin, hopefully that will fix the issue for you.
August 15, 2015
I bought this lid because a guy on the forum tested it out live. Fortunately, he survived and showed pics to the rest of us how the helmet held up under the accident. It was all I needed. This helmet was true to advertising and a great value for the cost.
June 22, 2015
Wow! Top Notch!
At first I was apprehensive about purchasing a helmet online, especially one from the USA as I'm based in New Zealand and ride a 2013 Ninja ZX-6R. After a lot of research and trials I decided to take a chance with Revzilla. I had tried out the Exo 1000 model at a local store for fitting before buying the 1100 online - the Exo 1100 isn't available locally.
Trust me when I tell you the pictures on Revzilla (although very well taken) DO NOT do the helmet justice - the finish on the Exo 1100 is impeccable. The paint has a pearlescent finish and is deep gloss. The graphics are sharp!
The fit was exactly as described - intermediate oval = my head.
- I've ridden with the helmet in 30 kmph cross winds the very next day I bought it - it is quiet at speeds of up to 75-80 kmph after which it doesn't howl / roar all that much - perfectly acceptable as i wear earplugs.
- One thing missed out in the reviews is the fact that there is an indent for communicator speakers in the lining - i had no trouble plugging in a Sena SMH10-11 unit.
- Although the helmet weighs 1645 grams (small size) it doesn't feel that heavy and i can only blame the great padding / lining in the helmet.
- The anti-fog visor IS ANTI-FOG! It really works, peak of winter here and there is nothing negative to report - saved me some dosh on a pinlock system.
- some people have commented that the drop down sunvisor isn't low enough - i have an average size forehead, the helmet sits perfectly above my eyebrow and the visor is low enough for me but - yes it could be lower.
- i used the airfit system, it felt gimmicky when i tried the helmet on at home - but the feature really shined through when riding in cross winds / headwinds. it DOES improve the fit - even the minimal wind shake was completely gone as i pumped up the ballasts.
Improvements that could be made:
- Scorpion could come up with a polarised lens option.
- I'm VERY VERY happy with this helmet and picking the white / red/ blue JAG print was the best thing to do - it really is a racy eye catching fast graphic.
Good job Scorpion & Revzilla - now if only your shipping to NZ wasn't so expensive ;)
June 19, 2015
Comfy, fits good, lightweight
I ride in Houston on 100 degree or more days regularly, and this helmet is great. I get plenty of air, the visor locks are great, and it's very light. The molding on the helmet is a little cheap and seems like it won't last more than a few years, but so far nothing has broken. The quick change visor and internal visor are both great. Keep in mind I have never worn any other full face helmets, so I have nothing with which to compare this helmet.
August 3, 2015