Rukka Argosaurus GORE-TEX Gloves
Could be more breathable..
It's perfect for long-ride tours, perfect protection, comfort, warm and easy to use. Knuckle protection made of titanium and also Palm slider protection external stitching for ventilation. I use this gloves with changing Rukka Hero gloves on different conditions, pairing with Rukka Airman jacket and Airvision pants perfectly fit and visual effects on other road-runners :)
August 20, 2014
Quality & flexibility
Awesome fitting gloves with very good flexibilty and protection. Very good air flow too. Protection is situated at all the right place, especially the big aluminimum block at the knuckles. Very happy with this purchase. Rukka has done it again! Thanks to Anthony of RevZ for the great videos.
July 27, 2014
Do the job and do it with supreme comfort
I have bought lots of gloves from RevZila. They probably wonder if I'm a glove hoarder. I simply ride a lot and don't let weather deter me. But this is the only glove I've commented on except for a pair of competitor gloves that began to fall apart after one ride. I comment on these Rukka gloves because of how much I like them. I only have one minor issue which I mention at the end of this review.
Nice looking extreme comfort while protecting. That is the summary of this glove. I have other high end European gloves I will not name in order to adhere to Zila's writing guidelines. Suffice it to say they are VERY high end gloves. I prefer these due to their superior comfort.
1. Protection: Good and absolutely waterproof. The protective components are more than adequate for my touring and daily commute rides. Other gloves may have ever-so-slightly better protective features, but they are nowhere near as comfortable.
2. Comfort: Excellent, with good feel for the motorcycle controls. The soft inner lining of these gloves and the fact that their protective features do not grind or press into your hand make this about as comfortable a glove of its type that is possible to design. In fact, they are more comfortable than my warm weather non-gauntlet, non-waterproof gloves! It's superior comfort is the primary reason I choose to wear them over my other high-end waterproof gloves.
3. Warmth: Good for what they are designed for, which is 3 season riding with the possibility of rain. They are NOT designed as cold weather gloves, and anyone fool enough to buy them for cold weather riding deserves to have their hands freeze. I road them on a 10 hour ride that started in the upper 30s (fahrenheit) with the expectation of rapid warming. The warming did not happen until hours later and my hands got cold. That was NOT Rukka's fault. It was mine for not planning adequately and not having a spare pair of cold weather gloves.
4. Style: Excellent. I got the yellow/white/black gloves. They look very cool, the gauntlet allows full use inside or outside a jacket, and the color perfectly matches the yellow/black hi-viz Jackets I generally wear. They are very cool looking gloves - the best looking I have, and I have a LOT of biking gloves.
5. Fit: I generally wear a "large" glove for USA sizing. I got a size 11 Rukka and it fit perfectly.
CONS: Only one, but it has not been an issue with these gloves. I prefer inner stitching, and these gloves have outer stitching. I've found that outer stitching sometimes fails, which was the case with the only other glove I've reviewed. But so far these double-stitched (I think, maybe not) gloves show absolutely zero tendency to fail, and I've worn them quite a lot for probably close to 1000 miles so far. I only mention it because of past glove problems not because I expect it to be a problem with these. I'm nit-picking a bit, but felt it was worth mentioning.
I highly recommend these gloves if you are looking for the most comfortable wet weather glove you can find with good protective features that you do not intend to wear in freezing weather.
April 19, 2014
Still left me cold!
I got these as cold-weather gloves for a trip up to Oregon during the winter. My normal pair of gloves are a mid-weight, well perforated affair, so I wanted something to keep me warm, not be too stiff or burdensome, and to keep the cold air out. These gloves are pretty flexible, and when trying them on they sure feel like they would off a lot of winter protection, but once on the road, they only offered another 10 degrees of additional comfort (that is, normal gloves were comfortable at 60*, these are comfortable down to 50*).
I ride with barkbusters. Even then, these gloves let far too much frigid air in. Riding at 40*, at dark, with heavy fog, and heated grips... and my hands nearly fell off. I had to use glove liners under a pair of latex gloves in order to stave off the cold.
In their favor, for a water proof gloves, these feel great and are still very comfortable even when wearing additional layers on my hands.
January 6, 2014
Used these gloves for cool weather adventure touring style riding (Tiger 800) approximately 1000 km.
Well made product. Good protection. X-Trafit design working great so far, a big plus. Comfortable with exterior sewn seams. Waterproof / windproof.
A little tight around the wrist makes them tricky to get on/off when damp/wet. Have to pull the Velcro strap through further to get on/off. Measured my hand as described in the size chart and they are a good fit. Any larger and the fingers would be too long. I usually take an XL but got the 2XL size as per chart.
Would definitely recommend.
September 9, 2013
I bought the Rukka Argosaurus Gloves looking for a good water proof glove with good protection, after a week of commuter riding to break them in I decided to take them on my long weekend 650 mile ride, no sooner did I get 45 min up the road, the heavens opened up like I’ve need ridden in before, the works thunder lighting and worst of all those massive mist making machines called tractor trailer trucks everywhere.
Gloves total dry and comfy, well until.. Little did I know my Rev’it Defender GTX jacket was pooling water between the Gore-tex liner and the shell, seems the arm zippers face straight up and don’t have a water proof zipper, once I moved in the wrong way, sleeve emptied directly into my gloves.
The point in telling you this.. the inside of the gloves dry fast, I think thats an important buying point too.
August 19, 2013
Nice gloves, but sized way too small
I normally, I wear size Large, but sometimes I'll need X-Large. I read that these were sized on the small side, so I ordered the XL size which turned out to still be too small. I can't believe that I needed a XXL glove. I have never in my life worn a XXL in anything... ever. These gloves are sized way too small, yet I had to pay the shipping and jump through hoops to get them exchanged. I don't feel that I should have had to pay for the return shipping for gloves that are obviously not manufactured to their respective sizes. Otherwise they are good gloves that offer protection, style and resistance to rain.
June 22, 2013
Very nice gloves. These gloves make me want to try more Rukka gear! The construction is top notch! The white, black, and neon green version of this glove is beautiful! You feel like you could punch through brick with these gloves on - and you can still do things like fasten your helmet strap! The first time you put the gloves on they are very tight. This does not necessarily mean you purchased the wrong size. If you can get them on and not feel like the circulation is reduced in your hands, wear the gloves for a few hours on the road. The leather will start to give a bit and before you know it they slide right on with no problem.
May 28, 2013