Rukka Argosaurus GORE-TEX Gloves
these gloves fit a little small, but not enought to alter sizes
I wear Alpinestars size M and got a size 9, however they when they broke in they fit a little big, so I got another pair of size 8
February 23, 2015
Man, I have been wanting these gloves for a long time. My hands are big, but not huge.
The size 13 White, black, and yellow gloves have been not available for 6 or more months. So, I decided to get the size 12 and see if they would fit.
Ahhhhhh, almost, but not quite!!!!!
Got to return them and wait for the size 13's to come available.
I can attest that the quality of this glove is top rate. No loose seams or shoddy sewing noticed. Plenty of protection for the fingers and hands. Very impressed.
I wish I could keep them, but they are a shad bit tight.
November 27, 2014
Fantastic gloves. Materials and construction are first rate.
I have had other gloves with hard protection and I got rid of them as they bothered me after an hour or so. These are great. I haven't tried the Goretex yet but my Rukka jackets have been watertight so I expect no less here. Very comfy and the fit is superb. Beware on sizing choice as these run very small. I wear L and sometimes XL in other gloves and I originally ordered a size 10. I couldn't even get them on. Revzilla did a no charge exchange for a size 11 and now they are perfect. They are very expensive but quality costs money. Highly recommended if you have the digit.
October 13, 2014
Could be more breathable..
It's perfect for long-ride tours, perfect protection, comfort, warm and easy to use. Knuckle protection made of titanium and also Palm slider protection external stitching for ventilation. I use this gloves with changing Rukka Hero gloves on different conditions, pairing with Rukka Airman jacket and Airvision pants perfectly fit and visual effects on other road-runners :)
August 20, 2014
Quality & flexibility
Awesome fitting gloves with very good flexibilty and protection. Very good air flow too. Protection is situated at all the right place, especially the big aluminimum block at the knuckles. Very happy with this purchase. Rukka has done it again! Thanks to Anthony of RevZ for the great videos.
July 27, 2014
Do the job and do it with supreme comfort
I have bought lots of gloves from RevZila. They probably wonder if I'm a glove hoarder. I simply ride a lot and don't let weather deter me. But this is the only glove I've commented on except for a pair of competitor gloves that began to fall apart after one ride. I comment on these Rukka gloves because of how much I like them. I only have one minor issue which I mention at the end of this review.
Nice looking extreme comfort while protecting. That is the summary of this glove. I have other high end European gloves I will not name in order to adhere to Zila's writing guidelines. Suffice it to say they are VERY high end gloves. I prefer these due to their superior comfort.
1. Protection: Good and absolutely waterproof. The protective components are more than adequate for my touring and daily commute rides. Other gloves may have ever-so-slightly better protective features, but they are nowhere near as comfortable.
2. Comfort: Excellent, with good feel for the motorcycle controls. The soft inner lining of these gloves and the fact that their protective features do not grind or press into your hand make this about as comfortable a glove of its type that is possible to design. In fact, they are more comfortable than my warm weather non-gauntlet, non-waterproof gloves! It's superior comfort is the primary reason I choose to wear them over my other high-end waterproof gloves.
3. Warmth: Good for what they are designed for, which is 3 season riding with the possibility of rain. They are NOT designed as cold weather gloves, and anyone fool enough to buy them for cold weather riding deserves to have their hands freeze. I road them on a 10 hour ride that started in the upper 30s (fahrenheit) with the expectation of rapid warming. The warming did not happen until hours later and my hands got cold. That was NOT Rukka's fault. It was mine for not planning adequately and not having a spare pair of cold weather gloves.
4. Style: Excellent. I got the yellow/white/black gloves. They look very cool, the gauntlet allows full use inside or outside a jacket, and the color perfectly matches the yellow/black hi-viz Jackets I generally wear. They are very cool looking gloves - the best looking I have, and I have a LOT of biking gloves.
5. Fit: I generally wear a "large" glove for USA sizing. I got a size 11 Rukka and it fit perfectly.
CONS: Only one, but it has not been an issue with these gloves. I prefer inner stitching, and these gloves have outer stitching. I've found that outer stitching sometimes fails, which was the case with the only other glove I've reviewed. But so far these double-stitched (I think, maybe not) gloves show absolutely zero tendency to fail, and I've worn them quite a lot for probably close to 1000 miles so far. I only mention it because of past glove problems not because I expect it to be a problem with these. I'm nit-picking a bit, but felt it was worth mentioning.
I highly recommend these gloves if you are looking for the most comfortable wet weather glove you can find with good protective features that you do not intend to wear in freezing weather.
April 19, 2014
Still left me cold!
I got these as cold-weather gloves for a trip up to Oregon during the winter. My normal pair of gloves are a mid-weight, well perforated affair, so I wanted something to keep me warm, not be too stiff or burdensome, and to keep the cold air out. These gloves are pretty flexible, and when trying them on they sure feel like they would off a lot of winter protection, but once on the road, they only offered another 10 degrees of additional comfort (that is, normal gloves were comfortable at 60*, these are comfortable down to 50*).
I ride with barkbusters. Even then, these gloves let far too much frigid air in. Riding at 40*, at dark, with heavy fog, and heated grips... and my hands nearly fell off. I had to use glove liners under a pair of latex gloves in order to stave off the cold.
In their favor, for a water proof gloves, these feel great and are still very comfortable even when wearing additional layers on my hands.
January 6, 2014
Used these gloves for cool weather adventure touring style riding (Tiger 800) approximately 1000 km.
Well made product. Good protection. X-Trafit design working great so far, a big plus. Comfortable with exterior sewn seams. Waterproof / windproof.
A little tight around the wrist makes them tricky to get on/off when damp/wet. Have to pull the Velcro strap through further to get on/off. Measured my hand as described in the size chart and they are a good fit. Any larger and the fingers would be too long. I usually take an XL but got the 2XL size as per chart.
Would definitely recommend.
September 9, 2013