LaZer Monaco Window Pure Carbon Helmet (Size SM Only)
I'm very happy with the helmet.
This is my fifth helmet but first modular helmet and is the most comfortable helmet I've owned. I love the transition visor! Putting my glasses on is not as easy as I would like but I can live with it. I would buy this helmet again.
August 19, 2015
Lazer Monaco Carbon Fiber
Great helmet. Fit is a bit small and I wish it was a bit more oval, but better than my Nolan N104 and much lighter. Venting on top is the best I've ever experienced. Had the transitions shield which I can't use due to using transition eyeglasses and it causes a headache. But the shield works as advertised.
My go to helmet and the only one I wear. Recommended highly.
Take awhile to break in so it will feel tight for some time. It is worth the wait.
August 17, 2015
This helmet is cheaply made! Fell apart on me after when I was putting it on after only a few rides. The screw that holds the flip-up part came out. The screw was not even stripped. When I tried to put it back together the other side broke. All I could think is what would have happen if I was going 60 to 70 and that screw fell out? I emailed LaZer and they would not even deal with it! Horrible company and helmet!
July 27, 2015
Awesome looking light weight helmet
Love this helmet. Has everything I wanted: carbon fiber, modular, transition shield. All work together to make this an awesome helmet. Quieter than I expected too. The transition shield is amazing.
June 11, 2015
Exceptional Helmet, nice features, and great value.
I bought this helmet to replace an old full-face HJC CL-14, size large. I wanted a modular helmet, but not the extra weight. All the other features are a bonus for me, including the price.
Size & Fit: I purchased the LG 59-60.
My head sized measured 23 3/8" (59.37). I thought a LG would be too small based on other reviews. However, after wearing it a few times it seems fine, but tighter than the CL-14 (a good thing). My head seems like it may be a bit oval. I measured 10" side-to-side, and 12" front-to-back (2" difference). I removed the ear pads for more comfort, but more noise. I will try them again after more break-in time. The chinbar needs to be open to put the helmet on. Like my CL-14 I need to pull on the straps to put the helmet on. So I really don't have any problems or issues with putting the helmet on.
Weight: Noticeably lighter than my old CL-14. NICE!
Noise: It is not quiet, but seems quieter than the CL-14. Of course it is noisier w/o the ear pads. I wear ear plugs so any
noise is not an issue for me. Note, I thought I was hearing an alarm from the bike occasionally when wearing this helmet. I later determined that it was the helmet making a whistling noise thru the upper air vent if I tilted my head down further than normal.
Buckle: I had never used this type of buckle before. I love it! On/off is very easy and it doesn't interfere with or bother my
throat/neck area. Need a cable lock to secure the helmet to the bike.
Shield: I didn't think the Lumino photochromic shield would work for me because I have very sensitive eyes (from surgeries). However, it does get dark enough and I don't need sun glasses. The shield is great! I haven't used or needed the pinlock lens.
I'm extremely pleased with this helmet.
June 8, 2015
The Lazer Monaco modular helmet has many great features
It is light weight, modular in design, comes with a pin-lock face shield, has a reflective strip located on the back side, and the ventilation is awesome.
May 18, 2015
Very Pleased Overall
Ok, I've spent some time with my Lazer and here are some thoughts:
1. The weight is excellent. Lightest modular I've found.
2. The "transitions-style" shield is outstanding! It doesn't get quite as dark as I'd like, but not having to worry about having a clear shield with you just in case is really great.
3. Pinlock has been seamless. Not real sure if its working, but I can say it hasn't not worked, if you know what I mean.
4. Different/unrecognized brand - get lots of questions from other riders that are and aren't familiar with the brand. Good conversation starter, which I like.
5. The quick release chin strap is excellent, but it makes a traditional d-ring helmet lock useless. I had to mod something similar to the "T" bars you see for sale. Regular "T" bars are too wide to use.
6. Noise level is just ok. About average I'd say. I ride without the included ear pads as I have a sena installed. With the ear pads might be better/quieter but doesn't fit me with them and sena speakers.
7. Size - it definitely runs one size small. I normally wear a L in Shoei and the XL fits me pretty well
8. Price - At the discounted $3XX I bought it for, its a steal. At the msrp, its a fair deal.
9. Customer support - Revzilla is great, but they are the only vendor for this brand in the US. So, if you need something it has to come from them. I have been e-mailing with a rep from Lazer Corporate and he has been very helpful as well.
10. Putting it on and taking it off is still a challenge, but it is getting better. The carbon fiber shell is so stiff that it's hard to stretch the helmet as you put it on, etc. But you would think from a safety perspective that would be a good thing.
11. Airflow is great. I read somewhere that one guy could feel his hair move with the top vents open and that goes for me as well, although the chin vent doesn't do much.
Based on my pre-purchase research and experiences, I'd give it a 9 out of 10 and I fall into the "Very Satisfied" category.
May 18, 2015
Excellent Quality, superb fit,
Super light, Quality construction, plush interior, It did take a day to break in, but the most comfortable I have seen.
It has a super field of view and the auto darken is very quick, still have room for sunglasses but you will find you can leave them in your bag.
This is pre wired for a blue tooth system, and that will connect to your phone, mapping system, or the wife (if you have gotten her a nice helmet too.)
If you have asked yourself if getting the carbon fiber is worth the extra money, just to loose a few ounces, It is night and day my friend.
look to Revzilla for the videos to explain the features, how to open the vents, the ease installing the blue tooth, and enjoy the lightest head gear around.
My head is right on the line between a medium and large on the size chart, went with the large and had a perfect fit.
Riding for 34 years, Goldwing
May 12, 2015