Icon Squad 3 Mil-Spec Backpack
Great bag for a few items.
I am non-military but liked the brighter colors (Neon Orange) and the fact that it was sort of a vest too.
- Very comfortable and easy to put on/take off with your riding gloves on.
- High quality fabric, zipper and storage materials.
- The front pocket is awesome! I like just throwing small things (glasses, phone, keys, etc) in there and it's roomier in there than you'd expect.
- Evenly distributes weight. I can carry my normal stuff (see below) and not be reminded at all during the ride that I have 8-10 pounds on my back.
- The velcro badge holders (I use it for my parking garage token) stick to the lower guts of my Shoei Qwest helmet during head checks/lane changes.
- The main compartment is SMALL. I can fit a pair of non-riding shoes (not boots), a sandwich and a bottle of water and I'm pretty much at capacity.
- The reflective striping on the front buckles were on the inside for my bag. Not a huge deal, but it was a head-scratcher.
- The area in the front that's intended to carry a jacket has me completely baffled... When I roll up my jacket and clip it on, it looks really silly. I don't know that it's really meant for anything but looks.
The video helped me a lot. I knew exactly what I was getting (a small commuter bag with some hi-viz color) and it arrived super fast at a great price. Will probably look to Kriega for a larger bag when I need more room but I'll continue to use this on lighter load rides.
June 15, 2013
Best idea for on-base riding yet!
If you ride onto your base this is the thing to have. No more vests and PT belts on your pack. Gave it 4 stars because the fit is kinda weird and the velcro for the ID holder is kinda up on top of the shoulder. I ride on-base daily carrying my lunch and thermos and I love just being able to throw this on and be "legal"
May 28, 2013
Great for commuting
I commute about 30 miles a day and use this backpack daily. Great fit and finish, but as others have said, some different features than what you may be used to.
I don't like the placement of the badge holders. They are too high on the shoulder. The bag is a bit small as well, and really can't expect to hold much more than a laptop, change of clothes, and some essentials.
The chest straps are a little different, but fit snug and hold the bag in place.
May 10, 2013
awsome backpack but doesn't hold much
i really like this backpack for quality, appearance, functionality, and the compartments that it has. the only real problem with it is its much smaller than anticipated and doesn't really hold much. i find myself using it rarely, and when i do need to haul some stuff with a backpack i'll end up using my 20 dollar ralph lauren pack which holds a ton more stuff. like i said great pack, i love it, just wish you could put more in it. i've had it for a few months now btw.
May 9, 2013
The bag is just the right size so that its not too big but big enough for a change of clothes and it meet the regulations so I can ride on base. I love it
April 22, 2013
Although I could not find the perfect fit for me, I liked the quality and the ideas it brings.
It is a very solid, well made and perfectly tamañao is ideal for use every day, it charge my Ipad, my gym clothes, my food, sunglasses, bike lock, etc.. throughout the city.
The body fit is strange, like it finished yet, but it's not uncomfortable, my only complaint is for the buckles on the straps, it is very difficult ajsutarlas and seem delicate.
April 9, 2013
Hi-viz is GREAT!
I was looking for a backpack that would fit well on my back while on the motorcycle, hi-viz, and could carry a laptop.
When I buckle it on I hardly know its there even with a laptop in it. Don't be fooled though, this backpack is by no means large. A 15" laptop and a couple peripherals is about all you would want to put in it before it started to feel awkward on your back.
I love the hi-viz yellow, as I've seen a few cagers do a double take as I sit along side them in traffic.
April 2, 2013
Good for carrying everyday items
Exactly what I expected from Icon. Quality. Good choice for military personnel who's post requires bags to be high vis. Don't get hassled at the gate anymore. Good for carrying everyday items. Laptop or iPad with a hoodie in case of cold weather. Really comfortable when riding around town or at highway speeds. No complaints here.
March 18, 2013