Icon 1000 Women's Elsinore Boots
These Boots Kick Butt
These boots kick butt! They're true to size and pretty comfortable. I have pretty beefy calves so I sit on the last hole but they fit fine. The style is outstanding, I get a lot of compliments. (I wear them with my jeans tucked in.) The toe is a little too stiff and beefy to get under a toe shifter so invest in a heal shifter because these boots are worth it!
September 9, 2014
These boots are serious business
Ladies, these are some killer boots. I was a little hesitant to buy them after reading some of the reviews about how heavy and big these boots are. The style finally won me over and I picked up a pair in person at Revzilla in Philly.
Yup, these are heavy boots, but if you are used to wearing boots then it won't be a huge issue. I wore them 24/7 to break them in and now I wear them all the time, riding or not. I am a very curvy girl and didn't have any issue with the calves being too small. For the break in period I put the buckles on the loosest setting and I've been tightening them as they break in. They are leather so they do wear in nicely. When you buy them, make sure they are good and snug, almost uncomfortably so. Mine were and now the foot has plenty of room if I wanted to wear boot socks in colder weather.
Protection wise these suckers can take a beating and keep you in good shape. I may or may not have tested this theory by dropping my bike on myself in our gravel driveway...more than once. My leg was bruised, but my boots kept me looking good from the calf down. I have no doubt that if I were to go down at speed they'd keep me in good shape.
As far as shifting goes, well, I have a tiny Honda CB350 and I can shift just fine. It took a few adjustments to make everything fit, but fit it does. Yes, the toe box is pretty big, but I use the side of my toe anyway so I don't need to get my whole toe under there.
A note on quality: I saw a few reviewers had quality issues. When I ordered my boots they popped a seam on the top of the foot within two days. Revzilla replaced them for me and I haven't had one complaint or issue with the replacement pair, so I can only guess that as with most things, sometimes you just get a bad apple.
All in all these are some sexy motorcycle boots. I love mine to pieces and I plan on picking up a brown pair of the mens...unless ICON would like to start offering the women's in brown as well.
August 19, 2014
They Rock with Hello Kitty socks
I bought these for my wife. I have been concerned with her lack of protective foot gear. We looked through the womens boot selection on Revzilla and these are her pick! She likes her new boots and feels more protected riding two up. She also likes the easy on/off zips. I like her to like riding so we are both very happy! Quality fit and style are all way above what we expected for the price!
July 21, 2014
Not only do they look great, but they are so comfy too! They fit a little tight with pants tucked into them, around the ankle bone, its hard to get the zipper past there. But without pants on underneath they fit perfectly. Fit to size as well.
July 21, 2014
I love these boots. I'm also a runner and my feet feel safe. My only complaint, sort of, is that because I have high arches, the top of my foot hits the top of the shoe and it hurt. So I just put in thinner inserts. No problem then.
May 5, 2014
Amazing - I can't say enough about this boot. Great protection, good for off road and touring. Great style, loosens up nicely. Once worn for a while, it is very comfortable solo or on the back.
April 30, 2014
Love them and HATE them
These boots look cool and of course, finally! Something that is actually performance and has some style to it? I will try it ... even if our only option is BLACK (hey, if you don't like the yellow stitching, simply use a permanent black marker over it =)
- Adjustable side straps - you can tighten these up to fit under/over pants and according to your ankle/shin.
- Toe is reinforced in such a way that it feels "heavy duty"
- Look cool
- Ankle and shin protection lacking from some boots
- Good width at toes
- Definitely not boots for the track! (LOL)
- Heavy - you're literally carrying weights on your feet which make it difficult to walk
- Super stiff - these are like wearing ski boots at first ... very little give and difficult to break in. I've had them now about 3 weeks and they are finally starting to bend *just a little bit* ... and I wear them for 10 hour days about 4 days out of the week.
- Tread is not good for riding on a sport bike - The tread is super thick and that's good or bad depending on what you're looking for ... but I ride on my toes and the grip combined with the weight of the boot (and break-in time) makes it difficult to move my foot back and forth to shift
- Ankle/heel width is too wide ... I have a wide foot at the toe, so the toe of the boot feels better than the heel ... makes me wonder if these are actually guy boots that they are pressing out at "women's" b/c my heel is moving up and down due to the lack of boot flexibility ... I'm gonna have to buy heel inserts to prevent movement (not good !) ... Guys have a broader ankle/heel than women ... women's boots typically taper to the more narrow ankle/heel and that's why we need WOMEN's boots
... I purchased a size 10 (wear a 9 shoe) so I could be sure to get the width I needed. I think my foot would be screaming for width if I had a size 9 ... but now b/c I have a 10, there's too much room in the ankle/heel
- No arch support - wearing these walking a couple blocks or all day while at work will make your knees and hips hurt due to lack of flexibility and no support in the foot ... makes ya feel like you're flat footed ! (again, think "ski boot" with no arch support) ... I've been having knee and hip problems when I get out of these boots and have to re-balance the body through stretching and other means
COMPARED TO OTHER BOOTS:
- ICON boots typically are not performance boots for me (fit is not great for performance b/c they don't fit well in the width of the toe/ provide arch support/ don't fit well in the ankle&heel) ... my first pair were Icon which I traded in for used Oxtar (now TCX brand)
- TCX boots are too tight for me in the toe
- Dainese boots fit me the best (great foot support and are flexible) ... they are performance boots for the same price as these boots.
- Haven't been able to get to other brands in a store yet (e.g. Spidi)
MY OVERALL PERSPECTIVE:
I don't think the average rider/passenger cares about the details as do I b/c they don't need what I need from a boot.
Do your best to try before you buy ... I knew I was gambling when I purchased these boots b/c I figured I had a 50/50 chance of them actually working out. They were not in a store around me (right now, it may be different). I fell for the look ... cuz, gawd, we women have so few options when it comes to cool looking AND comfortable performance gear.
Depending on WHY you are buying, will depend on if these boots are a good choice for you ...
- These boots make my foot look 3 times it's natural size ... if you like the "goth"/"apocalyptic" look - these are good for you. My typical gear is custom kevlar pants over leggings, so the clothes I'm wearing with these boots is not a fashion issue for me ... either way (with the pants or leggings) the boots look good.
- If you are a passenger rider and you won't be walking around a lot in these boots, they should be fine.
- If you are a gal who rides cruisers, they should be fine b/c you're not riding on your toes.
- These are quickly becoming my "option" pair after I get them broken in and I'm going to buy a pair of Dainese and save my feet/knees/hips
March 20, 2014
I love the style!
It's just an amazing looking boot! My calves fit just fine after adjusting (my calves are slightly meatier than most females). They're a bit smaller than an eight should be, but I think its because, unfortunately, Icon simply made a smaller version of a men's boot. They didn't really consider a woman's foot shape, really, which makes them a bit uncomfortable.
otherwise they're fantastic boots a little on small side. But it has protection you can you feel. I just got them but I can tell they're going to last me forevet.great quality
November 13, 2013