Fox Racing Comp 5 Shorty Boots
More than I expected.
I bought these to use as a winter road boot and they were had a "clearance" price. Ordered at the same time I ordered a regular off road boot of a different brand. They turned out to be so comfortable and easy on/off that I returned to full size boot for the tall Fox Comp 5 off road boot. The buckles are great and they are very easy to walk in. Can't comment on durability or much else as I've only taken them for a couple of short spins on my off road bike.
December 19, 2014
Great Street Boots on DS Bike
These boots feel super sturdy and are really comfy inside. They slip on and off really easily. The buckles seem pretty sturdy. The velcro strap should be a little longer, my calves are a little on the larger side but they still stay closed.
Ankle movement for shifting is easy right out of the box which is great cause this was my biggest worry. On my KLR I didn't have to adjust the shift lever at all.
Walking around isn't too bad, I wouldn't want to walk far or hike in them though.
Protection wise they seem perfect and confidence inspiring.
They do fit small. I ordered an 11 which is my normal shoe size and my toes feel a little cramped when I first put them on. Once I'm on the bike I haven't noticed any discomfort. An 11.5 would be perfect so if you are in between sizes you will be happy going up a size.
December 17, 2014
Cramped toe area
I bought these boots because I was looking for a boot I could comfortably fit pants over. I wear a 7.5US and ordered 8US. The boot fit, but the toe area was incredible cramped. Even after wearing for a few hours and walking around it was painful. If you have wide feet, pass on these boots.
November 9, 2014
These boots are a little stiff out of the box, however after wearing them for a few days they fit great. If you order these boots make sure you order a size bigger then what you usually wear as they run small. I love how warm and dry they keep my feet, how protected my feet are, and how quick they are to put on and take off. Overall I couldn't be more pleases with this purchase
June 9, 2014
These boots feel extremely sturdy and feel like they would protect me very well in a crash. Airflow is mediocre, but they aren't very hot anyway. They are fairly comfortable and are great for walking around in if you don't have shoes with you. They come on and off very easy. Style is very cool, they fit great under jeans and look similar to cowboy boots when they're under clothing.
September 14, 2013
Seem sturdy and easy on/off
• Seem very sturdy --I don't have much basis for comparison, but it feels like these would go a lot farther in protecting you from ankle sprains than other shorty/road boots out there. Tons of Toe/heal/sole protection --but wouldn't slide like a road boot, so that could be an issue.
• Not bad to walk in. Wouldn't want to do it all day, but I walked all over my campus and only felt a little bit like I was wearing ski boots.
• Easy on/off. This is probably the best feature. Two clasps and a buckle and you're ready to rock. If you're planning on changing shoes or pants when you get to your office, this is so much better than dealing with a full lace of a more fashion oriented or full-length boot.
• They look like moon boots...cool moon boots...but without a matching lazer rifle you feel a little stupid sometimes.
• The Velcro strap is a joke. I don't have huge calfs by any means, but the velcro strap is straining to keep the top of the boot closed which is kind of annoying.
• They will fit under even pretty skinny jeans.
• With regard to the toe box, the advice I've got is pretend you're riding a dirt bike... because you're wearing dirt boots. That means
1: raise your shifter until it seems ridiculous,
2: Ride with the balls of your feet on the pegs and kick/stomp the shifter to change gears --don't just hang out with your toe on the shifter.
3: If your shifter still seems ridiculous lower it a notch.
May 6, 2013
Great Boots for Street
After dropping the 450 lb. BMW at 5 MPH on my foot, wearing street boots turning on to a dirt driveway, I decided to get some MX boots for added protection. The bike wasn't hurt so after breaking them in and adjusting the shifter to fit their extra thickness, I'm rolling again. The shorties are great as you can wear them under your pant legs but they still give protection to the foot and ankle.
December 31, 2012
I was looking for a boot that offered decent protection for casual rides. This is it! Easy on and off means I'll throw these on instead sacrificing protection with a work boot. Also easier to throw on my knee braces with these if I wanted vs a full size MX boot.
Highly recommended for casual dual sporting or a lazy trail ride.
April 17, 2012