Fox Racing Comp 5 Shorty Boots
These boots are a little stiff out of the box, however after wearing them for a few days they fit great. If you order these boots make sure you order a size bigger then what you usually wear as they run small. I love how warm and dry they keep my feet, how protected my feet are, and how quick they are to put on and take off. Overall I couldn't be more pleases with this purchase
June 9, 2014
These boots feel extremely sturdy and feel like they would protect me very well in a crash. Airflow is mediocre, but they aren't very hot anyway. They are fairly comfortable and are great for walking around in if you don't have shoes with you. They come on and off very easy. Style is very cool, they fit great under jeans and look similar to cowboy boots when they're under clothing.
September 14, 2013
Seem sturdy and easy on/off
• Seem very sturdy --I don't have much basis for comparison, but it feels like these would go a lot farther in protecting you from ankle sprains than other shorty/road boots out there. Tons of Toe/heal/sole protection --but wouldn't slide like a road boot, so that could be an issue.
• Not bad to walk in. Wouldn't want to do it all day, but I walked all over my campus and only felt a little bit like I was wearing ski boots.
• Easy on/off. This is probably the best feature. Two clasps and a buckle and you're ready to rock. If you're planning on changing shoes or pants when you get to your office, this is so much better than dealing with a full lace of a more fashion oriented or full-length boot.
• They look like moon boots...cool moon boots...but without a matching lazer rifle you feel a little stupid sometimes.
• The Velcro strap is a joke. I don't have huge calfs by any means, but the velcro strap is straining to keep the top of the boot closed which is kind of annoying.
• They will fit under even pretty skinny jeans.
• With regard to the toe box, the advice I've got is pretend you're riding a dirt bike... because you're wearing dirt boots. That means
1: raise your shifter until it seems ridiculous,
2: Ride with the balls of your feet on the pegs and kick/stomp the shifter to change gears --don't just hang out with your toe on the shifter.
3: If your shifter still seems ridiculous lower it a notch.
May 6, 2013
Great Boots for Street
After dropping the 450 lb. BMW at 5 MPH on my foot, wearing street boots turning on to a dirt driveway, I decided to get some MX boots for added protection. The bike wasn't hurt so after breaking them in and adjusting the shifter to fit their extra thickness, I'm rolling again. The shorties are great as you can wear them under your pant legs but they still give protection to the foot and ankle.
December 31, 2012
I was looking for a boot that offered decent protection for casual rides. This is it! Easy on and off means I'll throw these on instead sacrificing protection with a work boot. Also easier to throw on my knee braces with these if I wanted vs a full size MX boot.
Highly recommended for casual dual sporting or a lazy trail ride.
April 17, 2012
Nice shorty boots
These are nice shorty boots. I wear a 9.5 in regular boots and the size 10 fit perfect. If you have wide feet they may be cramped in these. The large pad on the inside of the leg can cause some pressure there, I have skinny calves and ankles so it did not cause me issue. I haven't used them much yet but I think they will be just the ticket for trail riding or back road bombing on dirt bikes. If I was ridding hard or doing MX I would want the full coverage of regular MX boots. These would also be good quad boots.
April 9, 2012
The boots are great and would recommend them for anyone riding quads.
December 19, 2011
I really like these boots. They are basically a shorter version of all-out MX boots. I really like how they are the height that they are as they provide excellent upper ancle/lower leg strength and protection. They do fit small, so I suggest ordering a size up. These boots are well worth the price.
December 13, 2011