Dainese TRQ-Tour Gore-Tex Boots
The boots I've been searching for!
1. Goretex + perforations mean this boot can be worn in a wide range of temperatures and conditions, although probably not too hot (95*F+)
2. Great fit and feel for the controls--compared to other boots I've tried, the TRQ Tours come close to riding sneaker levels of control.
3. Axial Distortion Control exoskeleten to limit ankle injuries is a great addition--coming from someone who has needed surgery for a foot / ankle injury.
4. Less squeaky than other race style boots I've tried
5. Style! Pretty understated especially without a toe slider. Although I could do without the glossy black pieces. Maybe it will grow on me
6. Fit: Pretty much true to size and the design accomplishes a good fit with minimal ankle lifting out of footbed. Adjustable calf area is cool also and I really hope it holds up over time. I plan to keep these for a long long time!
I highly recommend these boots!
April 23, 2015
While riding my standard bike it feels like nothings there. They don't suffocate my feet and they don't let to much air in at the sometime. They're pretty sturdy so making shifting quite a breeze. Being rather new to motorcycling and boots that go with it, I'm probably mostly likely going to continue with Dainese boots in the future !!
April 20, 2015
These boots are awesome
I've been primarily wearing Tourmaster boots for awhile, but they are a lace-up design. My 3 goals were to find a boot that was easy to get in and out of, with better protection, and a more "tron-like aggression" as Anthony would probably say.
These boots are perfect in my mind. I love them, literally. They fit all the goals above, and they're comfortable. I thought they might be hot, but my feet have been just right so far. I'm very happy with them.
Three other things to consider:
1. I wear a US size 12 in every shoe known to man, which should convert to a size 46. However, after reading all the comments about how these TRQ-Tours are not just small, but crazy small, I bought the size 47. Turns out that was the right move. I would not have wanted them smaller. Perfect.
2. After riding and walking quite a bit in them I notice my bone on the left side of my right ankle has been feeling a little chafed. I'm going to try to loosen up the calf adjustment a bit, probably will solve it. If you have massive ankles, probably worth noting that the hardware throughout the boot runs as narrow as the foot and toe beds.
3. At the hinge point, mine squeak slightly. I don't notice it outside so much, but walking in a quiet house, I definitely hear it.
April 7, 2015
Very nice boot
These are very nice boots but the rear zipper takes some getting used to if like me, your previous boots zipped from the side. It does not zip all the way to the sole as that would compromise the safety pocket, and this makes getting them off awkward. Initially they were a bit painful to walk in as the top front part would dig into my shin, but that seems to have broken in a little bit now and is not so bad.
On the bike they are super comfortable and work very well. Look good too.
April 6, 2015
Awesome product as usual!
I bought these for my fiance. He already owns Dainese racing boots and he loves them. That's why I bought these for him. They are high quality boots, really comfortable for everyday riding. After breaking them in a few times, he loves them!
He has wide feet so they are a bit narrow. That's why I bought them a 1/2 size bigger and they were perfect.
They are a bit pricey but well worth the money since he can wear them everyday.
March 2, 2015
Awesome boot, but narrow
Looked at lots of different boots on revzilla and a few in stores. This was hands-down the best combination of features I found for California commuting/touring with good protection. I ordered these in a 45 (a size up based on previous reviews) and, just in case, the TCX Air Tech Gore-Tex. I was glad I got both, because the one bad thing I discovered about these was that they are very narrow. Granted, I have slightly wide feet, but my toes didn't reach the end of these and yet felt laterally crushed after just a couple minutes of wearing them. Sucks that that one is a deal-breaker, 'cause these would be great boots if they fit. I wish they made a wide version!
January 25, 2015
Exactly what I was looking for
Again, you´re buying high quality products from Dainese, which for me doesn´t get any better. Absolutely comfortable boots, not only for riding but also for walking once you´re off the bike. Great protection and safety features. Everything you see on the video you get.
January 15, 2015
Worth the Money
I bought these boots this summer. At first I had a bit of buyers remorse because of the price of them. However, they are worth every single penny. I have never had any problem with comfort and the sizing is pretty self explanatory. I think it might have taken me one return to get the sizing right but no biggie with the awesome return policy here. I have used them for all my riding (summer, fall, winter, and will be used for spring as well) with no problem. Stay cool enough in warm weather and definitely warm enough for the winter.
The reason I'm writing this review is because the other day I had to lay down my V-Strom DL1000 for the first time. Sad day but I was going pretty slowly. I lost a turn signal and that is all. Anyways, during the sequence the bike came down pretty much on my boot on the side of it. Probably would have busted my ankle with out good boots. I didn't feel anything besides a bit of soreness for a few hours.
BUY THESE! YOU WON'T BE SORRY!!!!!
January 6, 2015