Xena XX-14 Disc Lock with Alarm
Great product that doesn't last
I was able to use it daily on my motorcycle for about a month until it broke. Any movement would set the alarm off, even when it is unlocked. It was great up until that point.
November 11, 2015
Worth every penny!!!
This product is worth every penny!!! Gives me a peace of mind while I'm working or out and about. LOUD and VERY sensitive!!! LOVE IT!!!
November 2, 2015
Good Lock - Alarm is Bonus
This lock seems to be solid and well-made. I am glad to have opted for a model that includes an alarm, as in addition to the anti-theft benefits it reduces the chance of accidentally starting to ride off with the lock still hooked to the disc. Installing the batter was a bit tricky, but otherwise it is easy to use. I would recommend this to anyone as a theft-deterrent. Obviously it won't stop a thief who is dead-set on taking your bike.
October 19, 2015
Very nice security lock
The easy installation and the quality of the product matches the price. Also the loudness of the sound that it lets out is crazy... I totally would recommend this product...
I love it
October 19, 2015
This lock is the BEAST!
After reading the reviews here, I was wary of this product; especially the comments about the alarm constantly going off in their bag. But I needed something, so I pulled the trigger.
So far, I've been very pleased with this disc lock and I've had ZERO issues with it. If it's not in use, it's in my backpack which I lug around with me everywhere. I've never had a false trigger on the alarm. I think the folks that are having trouble with it may be arming the lock before carrying it in their bag, and that's why they get the alarm going off. When I pull mine off my bike, I leave it unlocked and throw it in my bag. Never an issue. Maybe pointing this out will help out some folks having issues?
Regarding the build quality, like I said this thing is the beast. It's easy to use, does what it claims, and gives me what I wanted. Would I recommend it if you're shopping for a disc lock, heII yeah.
October 15, 2015
Surprisingly Simple and Straightforward
I agonized over the decision between disc locks. I decided on the Xena XX-14 because it seemed like the most durable, most reliable and because I thought overall the alarm feature was probably a great theft deterrent. However, I was concerned that it would go off in my pack/pocket while I was riding, or at other unscheduled times. I am happy to report that I have had none of those problems. It's really straightforward to use. My only major issue is, when I turn the key the wrong direction, which I'm still doing sometimes, the sound is so piercing it emanates through my earplugs and helmet. But it's bearable in there, so I suggest installing it for the first few times with your helmet still on. It is a LOUD beep and awful. Oh so awful. Suffice to say my first installation at the gym was an embarrassing process.
No one has messed with my bike, so that's great. Also, I forgot and placed my helmet on my bike one day before removing the lock, and I payed the price. First a few warning beeps, followed by that obnoxious car-alarm sound. If anyone touches your bike, they will regret it.
I also suggest getting a disc lock reminder. The thing is dinky but I find it helps to have something bright orange letting you know you will destroy your brakes if you don't remove that pesky lock first.
October 12, 2015
This item should have been recalled...
At first this product seemed like a good idea, but it has some serious flaws.
1. Construction of the lock component is quality and very sturdy
2. Easy to take on and off
1. The alarm module is seriously cheap. It malfunctions often causing it to go off for no reason. Your neighbors will hate you!
2. Reacts very poorly to ANY MOISTURE. Morning dew is enough to short out the alarm module which will cause it to continuously go off until the battery dies or you remove it. It then has to be replaced by Xena. They are quick to replace but this happens way to often for the device to be effective for its intended purpose
3. No way to remove the battery without it going off (an understandable inherent flaw). There should be a hard key included that can deactivate the alarm so it doesn't burst your ear drums when your're trying to remove it. This would require re-design
4. Though the construction of the lock is high quality, it does not justify the price considering the utter failure of the alarm component to deliver on user experience. You can get a lock of the same quality of construction without an alarm module for much less. The cheap piece of garbage known as the "alarm module" does not justify spending the extra money over a simple disc lock.
Conclusion: This was a huge disappointment. Go with a solid built disc lock and add a wired alarm system if you really need one. This product does not deliver both functions.
November 23, 2015
Easy to clip on to the disc of my Ducati 848. Very durable and has a loud alarm that goes off if it is moved
September 23, 2015