TCX Jupiter 2 Gore-Tex Boots
Amazing shoes for the price. I'm 5'3 so I have to tiptoe and these shoes have the perfect flexibility for that. Very comfy on and off the bike. Havent tried walking around too much but for sitting amazingly comfortable. They fit slightly narrow and otherwise true to size, Love these shoes
March 18, 2014
One Step Above Barefoot
First, I absolutely hate shoes/boots of any kind and go barefoot around the house all year long. As a Letter Carrier, I learned that walking 11 miles per day up and down steps in Greater Pittsburgh, my best bet was lightweight, waterproof and breathable. When I asked Revzilla Customer Service for a recommendation, these boots were one of the two suggestions.
The fit is perfect, they are very lightweight and breathable and waterproof. I have worn them all day and been very impressed. Padding everywhere you would need it and construction seems excellent. For those who wear tennis shoes, I would highly recommend these boots "just-in-case".
March 11, 2014
I was hesitant to purchase boots online because I never seem to own two pairs of shoes or boots at the same time without having to buy different sizes. This was not at all an issue, I feel like this company has put some time into ergonomics and comfort. I am used to having to break in a pair of boots for quite a while before they are comfortable, but these things felt natural after a few hours of walking around the house. These were my two biggest concerns and the proved to be groundless, so that's a good start.
As far as protection goes I'm really happy with what these boots provide, they live up to the claims on the website (and why wouldn't they revzilla rocks!). The ankle support is nice and the soles are made of very tough rubber. The heel and toe have re-enforcements, with extra padding around the ankle armor/support.
As far as style goes, it's not really my style with the pointed toe, I prefer a rounded or squared toe myself. This is absolutely ascetic choice but I thought you might like to know. Wish I could tell you more about airflow but I won't be on the road for another month or two, I can say however that appearances suggest that there shouldn't be any problem keeping my feet dry in any weather.
Features that the boots have that interest me are the armor, which I've already explained I like. The reflective bits on the back are a nice touch too. Not sure how I feel about the Velcro-strap thing that covers the laces. I'm sure once I ride in the rain I'll be glad it's there.
Good, medium armored boot. Comfortable enough to walk around in all day in most situations (maybe not long hiking trips). Fits like it should, features function as advertised. All-around good boot.
My only gripe is there is no loop at the heel to help you put the boot on. The only real problem I have with them.
February 26, 2014
Great everyday boots
First the negatives. I may be nit-picking, but I find these boots a pain to put on. Would it kill the manufacturer to add a loop on the back of the heel so you have a way to pull them on. And the velcro strap tends to get in the way when I'm tying them.
However, once I put these boots on, all my complaints went away. I've never had boots this new, with stiff support be so comfortable to wear and walk in. I wish they came in half sizes, since the size 10 is a little roomy on me but think a size 9 would be too small. They have great features, like the reinforced toe and heel and full gore-tex lining. I rode them in a light rain for a few minutes and my feet were dry. I suspect they will do just as well in a downpour. They look good and are comfortable enough to wear all day, so they would be ideal for commuting.
February 17, 2014
Robust choice for a rider
This boot is all in one option for riders. They are Goretex, water resistant, stylish, and firm boots. A good choice for all conditions.
February 6, 2014
Slightly Wide and Large
1. Bang for the Buck: Good, I got these boots for 30% off of original price. I feel the price was just right. I don't believe I would I have bought these at full price because the newer version is out.
2. Style: Average, I feel as if these boots are slightly larger & wider than size but not enough to go a size below. With that said these boots will go best with average to baggy pants. Anything tighter than average pants will look make the boots look huge.
3. Comfort: Average, the soles of the boots are very hard. They eventually break in after walking around in them for a few days.
4. Protection & Durability: Excellent, this was a category that drove me to buy these boots. I feel these boots do an excellent job on protecting the feet and ankles. TCX has covered and reinforced the key areas on where feet take the most damage upon a motorcycle fall.
5. Air Flow: Good, the Gore-Tex on the boots do a great job on letting the feet breath. One of the major plus of these boots.
6. Features: Good, the tucked in lace system will definitely save your laces from the wear and tear of riding. There's a strap to cover the tying part of the shoelaces to keep them out of the way when riding, another great safety feature.
*Overall, my only gripe about these boots is on its shape, it's slightly wider and larger than what I'm used to. I believe it's a personal issue because I do have narrow feet and these boots were probably made to be more for the normal to wider feet range.
February 3, 2014
Comfortable and very nice
I bought these boots for my daily commute and I loved them. At first I felt them a little bit hard but since the first use they have been very comfortable. Protections feels right but they are comfortable enogh to walk around all day.
I would recommend this product, very much!
January 30, 2014
My go-to, everyday boot
I sought these boots out to fill a few key needs and feel that I've found the right pair.
1. I needed to find a boot that was functionally safe to ride in and use for 8-12 hour work day. Got that. A solid balance between the rigidity needed to feel safe from ankle/toe injuries and the ability to allow all day (literally) wear at work with little discomfort.
2. Water proof/resistant. Got that. The Gore in these guys kept my feet completely dry during a six hour rain run along the BRP and back to home in Newport News.
3. Warmth for my 35 mile commute in winter while not overheating too much in the summer. Upper temps easily range to 85-95 in summer and bottom at 25-35 in winter. Got that. Caveat though: Only ridden in upper 20s for less than 45 minutes and in over 90 for less than 2 hours but neither was uncomfortable. I don't use these for the dicier off-road and muddy stuff since they have no real traction for that and I need to preserve their look for the office. I go back to the old flight deck boots for that riding. I'll continue enjoying these boots for my commutes and weekend rides because I just don't have to think about them while riding and I don't worry about foot comfort if I want to stop and poke around somewhere. Summary for me. The TCX Jupiter checked all my boxes! Get these guys if you need a nice looking, jeans wearing, commuter that fits like it's supposed to.
January 19, 2014