Shark Speed-R Sauer Helmet
Great helmet. I purchased the Shark Sauer after looking at many brands.Field of view is great. It is lighter and more comfortable than other helmets I tried on. My only complaint is minor. It seems a bit louder than I would have expected at this price point. Over all I am very happy with my purchase from Revzilla.
June 17, 2013
Used for about three weeks now and i just love it.
June 10, 2013
Just buy it already...
It may have taken a few years for shark to become readily available in the states but it was worth the wait. This helmet is great, from its features to its style. It is also true to fit for me (i am at 56 cm ) and the small is very comfortable. I have had helmets that were much more quiet than this helmet at 50+ mph but it is not anything to be concerned with. The biggest bonus is the added inner sun visor and the sharktooth option. For those of you who are on the fence with this helmet just buy it already, you wont regret it.
June 1, 2013
Best helmet for the money
This is an excellent helmet for the money.
Size-wise, I'm a large with my Shoei RF-1000 and Arai Corsair V. With the Shark Speed-R, the fit is more snug and comfortable than my previous helmet. The lining inside also seems more resistant to "stinkiness" and seems to hold their shape better than others after washing.
Compared to the Shoei which is my regular helmet, the Shark does not get snagged on the speed hump on my Dainese jacket not like the Shoei. The Shark is stable at speed too where the Shoei tends to lift (both helmet and visor) which surprised me. I also have an Evoline and the visor also tries to lift up at higher than road legal speeds.
It is also lighter than the Shoei (even with the sun visor) and sometimes I even forget I'm wearing a helmet.
- I CANNOT EMPHASIZE the visual clarity of the faceshield! The faceshield is PHENOMENAL. It closes "with authority", not unlike closing a door of an expensive German luxury car.
- It is light and head checks are easy without snagging on speed humps on suits or jackets
- Fit and Finish rival more expensive helmets
- Looks great! Gotten a lot of compliments plus the color scheme goes with my bike.
- As other reviewers have mentioned, the faceshield does not have a prominent lip. I can't f&*$king open it with my Handroid gloves/race gloves except if I take off the gloves or wear my really thin summer gloves.
- Air flow seems limited. I rode this only under 80 degrees at the hottest and I was sweating. I'm worried when summer comes along.
- Occasionally you will get a loud whistling noise, when making head checks at speed. My Shoei doesn't do this, but the Arai did a bit
- The chin vent is a bit strange. The opening is at the top and get this: if a small insect hits the faceshield dead on, it may fall INTO the chin vent and then gets blown inside the helmet.
May 7, 2013
I have been looking at this helmet since August 2012. Months later I ordered this helmet and its everything you want a helmet to be. It's aggressive looking, good air flow, clear vision with the drop down shade visor, and its rather light. Only con about the helmet is the noise level is slightly high. I ordered it on te 17th of April and ship to my house two days later. Fast shipping, great staff, an definitely looking forward to my next buy with RevZilla.
May 6, 2013
May 2, 2013
Matches the bike well and the HUGE plus is I am not pulling over to change lenses, nor do I have to carry a spare one, or carry sunglasses. I am usually out of the house around 5am before sunrise and home during sunset so this helmet is solid gold for me.
April 22, 2013
Sharp Helmet with Excellent features
Overall this is an excellent helmet, and I would recommend it to anyone on looks alone; that being said, the features and quality easily match the looks. I'll list the pros (and there are many) and the cons (I'll go in a little more detail for the discerning buyer).
Size-wise, I'm between a medium and a large, and honestly, the Shark is sized normally - either one would've worked and I chose the large due to availability, though a medium would likely break in enough to be comfortable - I wanted the extra breathe-ability for the summer months. I fit into about any helmet, but I noticed that I did have a little extra room around the temple area compared to the cheeks and forehead, so I'd say it is slightly more on the rounder side than narrow.
- Wow - the visual clarity of the visor and the anti-fog coating are as a good as advertised
- It feels light and head checks are easy
- It looks like a million bucks (but only costs half that :)
- The sun visor covers a lot of real estate and means you won't need to take a separate tinted visor with you.
- It oozes quality inside and out, so I have no concerns about the long term durability (with the exception of the chin vent).
- Visor does not have a prominent lip, but rather the helmet has a slight indention. While this does not present a problem with summer gloves (or heaven-forbid no gloves), it is darn near impossible to lift the visor with winter gloves - I even took the helmet off my head and still couldn't lift the visor with my A-Stars winter gloves. This can be very frustrating when you're stuck at a light. The top vent is also a little harder than average to find with winter gloves, though in cold weather you rarely mess with it - again, no problem with summer gloves.
- Air flow is only adequate. I haven't ridden this in extremely hot weather, but I am a little bit worried about it.
- The anti-fog system works great, but an included pinlock visor would've been nice at this price point for those cold rainy days.
- Occasionally at odd angles you will get a loud whistling noise.
- The chin vent is a little bit flimsy and cheap feeling and occasionally gets stuck in the open position
As I said at the start, the pros heavily outweigh the cons, and most of the cons are honestly a bit nit-picky (with the exception of the visor / winter glove combination) - and if you only ride in warmer weather then you'll never notice the difference.
April 16, 2013