Who We Are Looking For
We are currently looking for a talented programmer with Ruby / Rails experience to help with the rollout of eCommerce related functionality for RevZilla.com on a full or part-time basis. This would involve opportunity to build, test develop and deploy significant features to high volume fully custom eCommerce platform. The developer would also be exposed to the inner workings of a technology driven online retailer from the ground up and could gain valuable experience.
RevZilla was founded by a team of software developers so you will work side by side with the founders of the company to identify key functionality and features, wireframe, develop, and deploy to the production site.
If the following description sounds like you, you are going to love being a part of our team.
- You have strong passion for high-quality software and the ability to deliver product in an informal, agile environment.
- You prefer a whiteboard brainstorming session to written specifications.
- You don’t require management oversight to produce results. Once you have some direction, you take responsibility for the work at hand and have the initiative, imagination, and motivation to get it done.
- You like to learn from others, and to share knowledge and best practices.
- You have excellent deductive reasoning, problem solving, and decision-making skills. When it’s necessary to compromise to meet a deadline, you’re confident you can make the right decisions to achieve a balanced result.
- You have a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal/communication skills. You’re happy working both independently and with others in a multi-team setting.
- You’re not comfortable unless you’re at the top of your game. When you’re not at work, you’re tinkering with new technologies or catching up on ideas from industry thought leaders. You might even have your own blog and/or tinker on open source projects in your spare time.
- You’re passionate about developing rich interactive web applications on the RoR platform
- 2-4+ years professional software development experience
- 2 years+ experience developing web applications (ideally with Ruby / Rails)
- Expert SQL DB skills (we use Postgresql)
- Experience with source code control (we use Git)
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
Nice To Haves
- eCommerce experience
- Current or past motorcycle ownership / riding experience
Please include links to the following if applicable:
- Personal website, blog etc.
- Projects you've worked on
- github/twitter username .