Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
RevZilla will match any advertised price on new merchandise available through another authorized U.S. dealer.Price Match Policy
The ZillaCash rewards program is very straightforward - if you have a RevZilla account, you may already be taking advantage of ZillaCash rewards. Review the following guidelines to see how easy it is to maximize your rewards and put your ZillaCash to work for you.
- Earn and redeem ZillaCash credit automatically with each order - no fine print, no strings attached, and no hoops to jump through to cash in.
- All you need is a RevZilla account to start earning - Simply log in each time you shop with RevZilla and we’ll take care of the rest, keeping more money in your pocket just for shopping with us.
- Earn $5 for Each $100 You Spend on eligible products - up to a maximum of $30 ZillaCash per order for orders totaling $600 or more. Any ZillaCash you earn is automatically applied to the next purchase, so you can sit back, enjoy the ride and feel the savings blow through your hair.
Sena SMH-10 Helmet Clamp Kit - Earbuds with Boom and Wired Microphone
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Sena SMH-10 Helmet Clamp Kit - Earbuds with Boom and Wired Microphone||RevZilla Item #774194||MFR. Product #SMH-A0304||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
Orders $39.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. Click Here for FREE Shipping Terms and Conditions.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
We show real-time availability on this product page when you select the size/color item you want. Most items will ship the same business day an order is placed,however if an item requires additional processing time a message will be shown indicating such.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Reviews & Questions
My only concern with this mount is the durability of the stem into which the earbuds plug. It extends about an inch and shows signs of loosening after a few weeks use. I'm a daily commuter so time will tell how it holds up. It is placed in such a way that when the helmet is put down, some weight rests against it.
It does what it says it does, it allows you to plug in headphones into the bluetooth, and in that regard it works well. There are however four issues, one major, that I encountered already on the first ride.
1. Switching SMH-10 bases I also decided to use the smaller button sized microphone rather than the standard boom mic. Its nice not having the boom on a full face helmet, but according to those that I've talked to on the phone, while they can still hear me fine, they can tell that I'm moving with some wind noise, vs the standard SMH-10 boom mic where they never knew I was riding. Not sure the difference. This base also came with a boom mic, so I still need to try that one to see if it makes a difference.
2. Having the sound in headphones means that you can easily understand phone calls and music. The downside is that the quality of the audio sounds very compressed as compared to being plugged directly into the iPhone or standard bluetooth headphones. There is crackliness in the peaks, especially spoken podcasts and such. It's not a deal breaker given the freedom it offers, but it is a little annoying.
3. The third problem is the worst. The connector for the headphones is not robust at all. The plastic part around the headphone cable that keeps it sticking out straight and keeps pressure off the actual cable ripped in the first or second ride. So now the connector hangs down. It still works fine, but I imagine it's only a matter of time before it rips the cable itself. This is the biggest problem. I'll probably look to see if I can get it replaced under warranty, but I'm sure it'll just happen again.
4. Their is no base option to have both the speakers and the headphones if needed. Which is a little annoying as sometimes I won't wear my earpieces if I'm just driving a short distance or no highway, but that just renders the bluetooth useless as it has no speakers without the headphones.
I still recommend this product thus far as it's a great feature for the SMH-10 that other bluetooth units are lacking, but I do have serious issues with regards to the build quality of this base plate.
over 2 years ago
Other than that, it's a great product.
Works great, just like the other clamp kits. Just don't over-tighten the screws, you might get intermittent speaker functions. CS@ Revzilla told me it was the plate deforming and they are right. Hand tight people! Overall, I really like the total kit. No worries about skipping/changing volume while riding in the rain and soaking my phone! Sweet
This thing is trivial to install. I am using it with a Nolan N102 flip-face helmet. I opted for the wired (not boom) mike and it works great. The sound with my Shures is wonderful.
My only complaint is that it would be great if they offered the unit with the normal in-helmet speakers, and put the miniplug on them so I could opt to use the helmet speakers for short trips.
The female plug for the headphones sticks out from the back of the unit, seems like something the could have designed better, but I haven't had any problems with it.
If you want to use the boom mike only, you can get the SMH-A0303 instead (show in related products below). This is more solid than the boom-mike/sticky mount for this SMH-A0304.
I want to be able to retain speakers in the helmet for town use but then just plug the earbuds in when on a long haul without having to carry and change an alternative helmet fitting kit. Has anyone achived this?