Alpinestars Tech Air Street Airbag Vest
Note: The Tech Air Street Airbag Vest requires a separate Tech Air Street prepared jacket (sold separately). It is not compatible with Tech Air Race gear.
The Tech Air Street Airbag System is a state-of-the-art, tether-free airbag protection system designed to be used with Alpinestars Tech Air Street prepared riding gear. The onboard computer system uses Alpinestars' proprietary algorithms to process the information gathered by the vest’s accelerometers and gyroscope. Should the system sense a crash, it will deploy a protective airbag, providing comprehensive protection to the rider's full back, shoulders, kidney area and chest. The Tech Air is ready to go right out of the box—no need to install sensors on the bike or go through a complicated pairing process. Simply install the vest in a compatible jacket and go ride.
The vest's ever-vigilant ACU is able to detect that things are going awry within 30-60 milliseconds, even when hit from behind at a stop light. It then triggers the dual argon inflator charges, fully inflating the system's airbag in 25 milliseconds. After deployment, the Tech-Air compatible jacket can still be worn for the rest of the ride, taking advantage of the built in CE level 2 back protector. Then the Tech Air Street Airbag Vest system can be easily removed from the jacket and sent to Alpinestars for repair.
In the Tech Air Street Vest, you are always protected. Whether you are carving canyons, putting in long miles on the interstates on a Goldwing, railing down a fire road on a GS or commuting to work on your trusty scooter, the Tech Air has your back.
- PC compatible software (No current Mac compatibilty) allows for updating of firmware and triggering algorithms
- Fully enclosed ACU (Airbag Control Unit) is seal-protected within the vest's CE level 2 back protector
- One gyroscope and one accelerometer housed inside ACU
- One additional accelerometer on each shoulder
- Lithium ion battery with approximately 25 hours of use when fully charged
- One hour of charge time yields four hours of ride time
- Comprehensive protection of back, shoulders, kidney area, chest and upper abdomen
- Argon inflator charges are CE certified to ISO 14451 standard
- Internal airbag tethers used to control final deployed shape create less bulk than a chambered design and allow for quicker inflation
- Nylon-6 airbag material is lightweight and breathable
- Airbag inflates in 25 milliseconds and remains fully inflated for 5 seconds
- Installs easily in Tech Air Street Vest compatible gear with VELCRO® brand fastener and YKK zippers
- Once the jacket is zipped, the system checks to ensure you are riding and arms itself within 60 seconds
- When the system detects a crash, the airbag will be fully deployed within .025 seconds
- SM vests fit: Men's SM jacket / Women's MD and LG jackets
- MD vests fit: Men's MD jacket / Women's XL and 2XL jackets
- LG vests fit: Men's LG jacket / Women's 3XL jacket
- XL vests fit: Men's XL jacket
- 2XL vests fit: Men's 2XL jacket
- 3XL vests fit: Men's 3XL-4XL jackets
The Tech Air System requires registration with Alpinestars. Upon purchase, RevZilla will email you your portal login credentials. If you do not receive an email by the time your order is delivered, please reach out to us for assistance.
Due to the technical nature of the Tech Air System, special care and maintenance is required. Once the airbag has been deployed, the vest must be sent to Alpinestars for maintenance, repacking and cleaning. Please note that if the suit has been serviced or either of the airbags have been deployed, the vest is no longer returnable. Please read the User Manual in detail, and let RevZilla know if you have any additional questions.
Note: The Tech Air Street Vest is ONLY COMPATIBLE with Tech Air Street prepared riding gear. It is not compatible with Tech Air Race gear.
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Black / SM||RevZilla Item #1221572||MFR. Product #6508015155S||AvailabilityOut of Stock: Enter your email address below to be notified when this item is available.|
|Product Style Black / MD||RevZilla Item #1221573||MFR. Product #6508015155M||AvailabilityOut of Stock: Enter your email address below to be notified when this item is available.|
|Product Style Black / LG||RevZilla Item #1221574||MFR. Product #6508015155L||AvailabilityOut of Stock: Enter your email address below to be notified when this item is available.|
|Product Style Black / XL||RevZilla Item #1221575||MFR. Product #6508015155XL||AvailabilityOut of Stock: Enter your email address below to be notified when this item is available.|
|Product Style Black / 2XL||RevZilla Item #1221576||MFR. Product #6508015155XXL||AvailabilityOut of Stock: Enter your email address below to be notified when this item is available.|
|Product Style Black / 3XL||RevZilla Item #1221577||MFR. Product #65080151553XL||AvailabilityOut of Stock: Enter your email address below to be notified when this item is available.|
7 Customer Reviews
17 Questions & 28 Answers