Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
RevZilla will match any advertised price on new merchandise available through another authorized U.S. dealer.Price Match Policy
The ZillaCash rewards program is very straightforward - if you have a RevZilla account, you may already be taking advantage of ZillaCash rewards. Review the following guidelines to see how easy it is to maximize your rewards and put your ZillaCash to work for you.
- Earn and redeem ZillaCash credit automatically with each order - no fine print, no strings attached, and no hoops to jump through to cash in.
- All you need is a RevZilla account to start earning - Simply log in each time you shop with RevZilla and we’ll take care of the rest, keeping more money in your pocket just for shopping with us.
- Earn $5 for Each $100 You Spend on eligible products - up to a maximum of $30 ZillaCash per order for orders totaling $600 or more. Any ZillaCash you earn is automatically applied to the next purchase, so you can sit back, enjoy the ride and feel the savings blow through your hair.
Extended Holiday Returns
Any items purchased on, or after, November 1, 2017 have had their accepted return window extended until January 31st, 2018.Extended Returns Policy
Looking for a deal?
Give us a call and one of our Gear Geeks will help you get the right deal for you and yours.
|Monday - Friday:||9AM - 8PM ET|
|Saturday:||10AM - 6PM ET|
|Sunday:||11AM - 7PM ET|
This item is available as a Blem/Refurb. These are items that cannot be sold as "New" merchandise and are limited to stock on hand. See the product details for a description of the product's condition.
AGV AX-8 DS EVO GT Helmet
The AGV AX-8 DS EVO Helmet has taken one of the most high-end and lightweight dualsport helmets on the market (AX-8 DS) and has made some significant upgrades. Additional technical features like the visor and visor mechanism, a chin air vent that can be opened, and an open-able supplementary ventilation on the top of the AGV AX-8 EVO guarantee all the performance and comfort of a road model.
The AX-DS EVO features internal padding with increased thickness for improved comfort and greater stability. A new shape for the outer shell in the chin area combined with a wider and softer base edge compared to the previous model, reduces interference with any back protector used and decreases risks of impact traumas, thanks to its "shock-absorber" function.
- SSL (Super Super Light) carbon, Kevlar and fiberglass shell construction
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) funnels air though channels in the outer shell
- Flat dual face shield in non-scratch, antifog polycarbonate
- Dry-Lex internal padding with sanitized treatment
- Removable and washable cheek pads and internal lining
- Outer aluminum peak screws
- 3 shell sizes: 2XS-SM, MD-LG, XL-3XL
- DOT certified
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Black/Silver/Red / SM||RevZilla Item #980605||MFR. Product #7611O2D0 005005/7611O2D0-00505/7611O2D000505||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
|Product Style Black/Silver/Red / MD||RevZilla Item #980607||MFR. Product #7611O2D0 005007/7611O2D0-00507/7611O2D000507||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
|Product Style Black/Silver/Red / LG||RevZilla Item #980609||MFR. Product #7611O2D0 005009/7611O2D0-00509/7611O2D000509||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
|Product Style Black/Silver/Red / XL||RevZilla Item #980611||MFR. Product #7611O2D0 005010/7611O2D0-00510/7611O2D000510||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
|Product Style Black/Silver/Red / 2XL||RevZilla Item #980613||MFR. Product #7611O2D0 005011/7611O2D0-00511/7611O2D000511||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
|Product Style Black/Silver/Red / 3XL||RevZilla Item #980615||MFR. Product #7611O2D0 005012/7611O2D0-005-XXXL/7611O2D0005XXXL||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
Orders $39.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. Click Here for FREE Shipping Terms and Conditions.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
We show real-time availability on this product page when you select the size/color item you want. Most items will ship the same business day an order is placed,however if an item requires additional processing time a message will be shown indicating such.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Reviews & Questions
It is a super sexy looking helmet, I get stopped by folks all the time asking me questions about the helmet. For light street or fashion use this is a great item.
1. The peak constantly vibrates and gives the helmet a constant buzzing feeling.
2. The plastic screws that hold the peak in place are very fragile, I have broken many of them removing the peak and replacing it on my travels.
3. The visor fogs up instantly in the pacific northwest rain and it scratches easily. I have to keep it cracked open constantly, which defeats the purpose of having the visor.
4. The chin cover on the underside of the helmet tore with in the first two months. It is cheaply made.
For a helmet that looks this amazing, I can't recommend it.
I sent it in to Revzilla, and they told me that AGV "does not warranty against road noise." Sorry, but whistling is a defect, a basic design flaw with the helmet - not simple road noise.
For this reason - and the overall cheap feel of the helmet, I cannot recommend strongly enough - NOT buying this junky helmet. It's a huge waste of my money.
Let me start by saying I like the styling, design, comfort, and light weight of this helmet and I look forward to its utility for adventure riding on my 2015 R1200GS ADV! I deliberated on which "KoolAid" to drink from after wearing a full face helmet for >100,000 miles of tour riding: modular or Dual Sport styles. I really wanted modular and nearly did, but the deal breaker was the visor (which can come off rather easily and stores in my tank bag for road-trips and put back on once you travel off the beaten path). There are definite advantages to modular, but I couldn't pass this helmet up for its value!
- the quality (paint, lining, retention strap, and ventilation (mostly)) is outstanding
- the fit is perfect (normal shaped noggin') based on AGV's measurement and sizing chart
- very quiet - probably because the ear padding touches and "seals" off the ear from wind noise and the chin piece has a cover that can easily be removed if desired (I decided to keep mine in for winter riding, will likely remove it when the temps warm up)
Cons (these are what prevented me from giving it a 5-star rating)
- no space for speakers for my Scala Rider (bummer) - this has caused me a little delay in determining how to mount the ear speakers without cutting into the padding; I haven't tried to mount the mike yet either!
- the face shield fogs up HORRIBLY even with the chin vent fully open! Went on a ride in the mid 30's to mid 40's on a clear day and I wondered why it was so blurry through my shield.....it had, actually, formed droplets!!! There is no "happy medium" to prevent the fogging except to let the cold air flow into the helmet through a partially opened face shield. I've owned two other full face helmet brands that never had this problem! I haven't checked to see if AGV has fog-free shields for this model yet - I may have to resort to "Rain-X No Fog" to coat on the inside of the shield if there is no coating to damage if applied.
- a minor gripe is the limited positions afforded for opening the face shield - I wish it could be a friction-type or one with smaller notches
- the face shield requires more-than-usual force to open and it isn't a very "smooth" opening when you do open the visor
1. The visor rubs the gasket, causing scratches that are visible in my peripheral vision. Many reviewers have already pointed this out. It's annoying but not a deal-breaker by itself.
2. The peak vibrates in the wind, causing a low frequency vibration that seems to get transmitted directly into my skull. Earplugs to nothing for this, and it's very fatiguing. I haven't noticed any other reviewers complaining about this, but it's a major problem for me, and I've been avoiding this helmet for day-to-day use as a result.
3. The cheek pads have no cutouts for speakers/intercom. Is this an adventure helmet or what? I don't like the idea of having to cut into the lining on an expensive helmet.
Other than those issues it's a great helmet -- stylish, good finish, great airflow. A little noisy, but that comes with the territory. The peak is functional, and catches less wind than the Arai and Fox helmets I've tried (aside from the annoying vibration). The lining is comfortable, and the helmet is light for what it is. I like that the peak and visor can be removed independently from each other, and the visor works fine with goggles.
AGV just needs to fix those three issues and they'll have the best adventure helmet as far as I'm concerned.
Great looks, Sturdy, no issues with the peak and connector screws, Clear visor.
The cut of the visor made it possible for riding in very heavy rains at night, by keeping the visor halfway open, although I compromised the cheek pads getting totally wet.
I tried a medium (58cm) which was my head circumference, but the helmet seemed very tight on my face (I have a square jaw) and was exceedingly tight on my ears (big ears, too). It also seemed to ride high on my skull, at the back. Large is preferable.
Note: the faceshield does not open wide enough to allow you to fit glasses in without some inconvenience. Consider the tinted shield if you need sunglasses. Ventilation can also be improved with the AX-8 mesh chin vent.
over 2 years ago