Sizing & Fit
Item Condition: This is a new item that is missing the original packaging or the packaging has been opened. Tags, manuals, or installation instructions may be missing, however the item is fully functional.
6D ATR-2 Helo Helmet
The 6D ATR-2 Helo Helmet is the rebuildable, most advanced energy management device ever manufactured for off-road motorcyclists. Infused with technology found nowhere else, the 6D ATR-2 Helmet's Omni-Directional System is built around elastomeric dampers that allow the inner EPS liner to move independently from the denser, outer EPP (expanded polypropelyne) foam layer. 6D refined this ODS technology while collaborating with the NFL during the Head Health Challenge III competition - a four-year study that concluded in 2017. All this technology takes place in a lightweight package that is housed in a tri-composite shell, split over three shell sizes for a slim profile.
With the ATR-2 Helmet, the inner EPS layer - the sacrificial defense against impact - is carried by these ODS dampers. Most importantly, this system mitigates rotational forces to the brain. But this unique design also allows this inner layer to be replaced after an impact. The unique design is effectively a helmet within a helmet. The outer EPP foam is designed to absorb force and then rebound after an impact; its structure does not permanently deform as expanded polystyrene does. As long as the exterior shell is not cracked or pierced, the helmet can be shipped to 6D and inner EPS replaced.
Unlike conventional helmets, this is not a one crash and done helmet. Unlike other helmets, 6D's industry leading innovations make the ATR-2 the most impact compliant lid on the market.
Rebuildable Advanced ODS System:
- Replaceable inner EPS liner
- Multi-Impact outer EPP liner
- Progressive EPP Damping Towers
- Low-Friction disks
- Isolation dampers
- Increased ODS (Omni-Directional Suspension) displacement travel (+30%)
- Improved linear and angular acceleration mitigation
- Optimized lightweight tri-composite shell
- 3 shell sizes
- Cervical protection zone at the lower rear shell area
- Brow rib increases shell integrity above the eyeport
- Clavicle cut-away
- 9 intake ports and 6 exhaust ports work in unison with the Air Gap Ventilation System
Helmet General Features:
- Removable, washable comfort liner features Genuine Dri-Lex® anti-bacterial fabric
- Emergency Quick-Release cheek pads
- PU-Over molded EPP lined chin bar includes 6D’s exclusive sternum pad
- Goggle band integrated shell recess at the eyeport area improves goggle fit and seal
- Shear-Away visor screws
- Nose Guard provides improved roost protection
- Titanium D-Rings
- Lighter overall weight +/- 1480 grams/ 3.26 lbs. (Size MD)
- Exceeds DOT, ECE, AC and ASTM Standards
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style LG / Orange/Grey||RevZilla Item #1821400||MFR. Product #||AvailabilityOnly 1 Left: Ships next business day|
6D Helmet Sizing
|Size||Head (in)||Head (cm)|
|XS||20 7/8-21 1/4||53-54|
|MD||22 1/2-22 3/4||57-58|
|LG||22 3/4-23 1/4||58-59|
|2XL||24 7/16-24 3/4||62-63|
Sizing information is provided by the manufacturer and does not guarantee a perfect fit.
How to Measure
Wrap a cloth measuring tape around your head just above your eyebrows and ears. Pull the tape comfortably snug, read the length, repeat for good measure and use the largest measurement.
Sizing & Fit
2 Customer Reviews
2 Questions & 0 Answers