Free Shipping Over $39.99
Orders $39.99 or more ship free within the contiguous U.S.Free Shipping Policy
No Restock Fees
Doesn't fit? Don't love it?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
Price Match Guarantee
Found it for less?
RevZilla will match any advertised price on new merchandise available through another authorized U.S. dealer.Price Match Policy
The ZillaCash rewards program is very straightforward - if you have a RevZilla account, you may already be taking advantage of ZillaCash rewards. Review the following guidelines to see how easy it is to maximize your rewards and put your ZillaCash to work for you.
- Earn and redeem ZillaCash credit automatically with each order - no fine print, no strings attached, and no hoops to jump through to cash in.
- All you need is a RevZilla account to start earning - Simply log in each time you shop with RevZilla and we’ll take care of the rest, keeping more money in your pocket just for shopping with us.
- Earn $5 for Each $100 You Spend on eligible products - up to a maximum of $30 ZillaCash per order for orders totaling $600 or more. Any ZillaCash you earn is automatically applied to the next purchase, so you can sit back, enjoy the ride and feel the savings blow through your hair.
6D ATR-1 Tech Helmet
A true breakthrough in helmet technology, the 6D ATR-1 off-road helmet incorporates revolutionary Omni-Directional Suspension ( ODS ) technology which is a patent-pending kinetic energy management solution. We haven't seen anything like this before, but preliminary results show a dramatic reduction in low-threshold energy transfer for 6D Helmets.
ODS is designed to protect your brain over a broader range of impact energy, particularly low–threshold energy prevalent in most accidents. Low-threshold impact energy is the primary cause of concussion and second impact syndrome. Independent laboratory testing also confirms a significant reduction in angular acceleration energy with ODS. Angular acceleration is the primary cause of rotational brain injury, which is a potentially deadly and life-changing impairment.
The improved performance of 6D’s exclusive ODS technology can reduce the likelihood and propensity of concussion over traditional helmet designs. Although no helmet can protect you from all potential impacts or injury, the 6D ATR-1 was engineered to provide active free-motion capability within the helmet’s protective liner and exceed current relevant helmet standards.
The ATR-1's exclusive Air Gap cooling system incorporates 13 interior transfer ports, 8 intake ports, and 5 exhaust ports. The amount of time and energy devoted to moving air through 6D Helmets is second to none. Extensive front-to-back ventilation channels are fed by 3 large upper eyeport intake ports and 2 aggressive brow intake ports. These intake ports combined with chin bar vent openings channel cool air into the ATR-1’s air gap flushing hot air and moisture out the rear of the helmet.
- ODS (Omni-Directional Suspension) Technology
- Air-Gap Technology incorporates advanced air flow management system designed to provide significant air flow throughout the entire helmet
- Proprietary woven blend of advanced aerospace carbon fiber, composite fiberglass, and Kevlar shell
- Visor mounts flush with integrated recess into the outer shell surface
- Large eyeport opening provides excellent fitment of all popular motocross goggles
- Removable contoured roost guard provides additional protection from rocks and roost
- Integrated traction posts at the eyeport combine with a shell recess to keep your goggle strap secure
- Clavicle Cut-Away provides increased clavicle clearance without sacrificing strength
- Rear Delta Vent aids heat transfer by scavenging air from within the helmet
- Sternum Pad provides added protection of the chin, jaw, and sternum in the event of an accident
- Comfort Liner made from Genuine CoolMax anti-bacterial fabric with easy removal
- Emergency Release Cheek Pads provides easier access and helmet removal during emergency situations
- Replaceable mouth piece provides excellent roost protection and air flow
- Shear-away Visor Screws manufactured of engineered plastic rather than aluminum or titanium, allows the screws to shear more easily in the event of a high-stress impact or snag, improving rider safety
- Effective visor design blocks roost, vents aggressively and mounts securely
- Fully compatible with all neck braces
- Stainless steel screens protect all shell openings
- Titanium ‘D’ rings and chin strap rivets
- Exclusive 6D graphics
- Exceeds ECE and DOT standards
- Weight: +/- 1,525 grams
- 3-year limited warranty
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style Orange / MD||RevZilla Item #987302||MFR. Product #101356||AvailabilityOnly 3 Left: Ships within 24 hours|
|Product Style Orange / LG||RevZilla Item #987303||MFR. Product #101357||AvailabilityIn Stock: Ships within 24 hours|
Orders $39.99 and over qualify for our fast free shipping offer. Click Here for FREE Shipping Terms and Conditions.
Please see our International Orders page for orders shipping outside the US.
We show real-time availability on this product page when you select the size/color item you want. Most items will ship the same business day an order is placed,however if an item requires additional processing time a message will be shown indicating such.
See our full Shipping Policy for further details.
If your order arrives and it is not right, we will we'll fix it, NO NONSENSE, we promise.
Doesn't fit or just not happy with it? You can return any new, unused and unaltered item within 30 business days of delivery receipt of your item. We will issue a full refund to your original payment method.
See our full Return Policy for all of the pertinent details.
Reviews & Questions
Fit: My head is a long oval and all fit very well except the Leatt. Leatt was more for a round head. It put pressure on the front and back of my head so it was out of the running. However, the Leatt was super light!! I thought the box was empty when it arrived. The Arai and the Shoei fit very well. The Shoei was tight to get on (getting past the opening), but once on, fit very well.
The Arai turned me off a little bit because of all the plastic scoops on it. I knew if I dropped it, those scoops were going to get broken and I didn’t want to deal with that. Nothing turned me off with the Shoei. The Shoei pattern I got was pretty sick too. (Maelstrom – good match to my KTM 300 XC-W)
Shoei was a sweet helmet, but I picked the 6d for its innovative design and its goal of safety first. It also fit me very well. The 6d was a little heavier than the rest. Because of its suspension system (7mm gap between inner & outer shells) it had a slightly larger outer shell diameter. This made the helmet feel even heavier on your head when you were quickly turning your head from side to side (moment of inertia for all you geeks out there). Also, the 6d comes with a really nice storage bag and extra visor hardware.
I must say, Revzilla was awesome to deal with. I purchased all 4 helmets at a cost of just over $2k. They all arrived within 5 days. I tried them on, made my decision and returned them using their pre-paid return shipping label. I piled the 3 unwanted helmets into one box and sent them back for like $8. Note: Just be careful when you put the helmets (or whatever you are trying to buy) on your credit card and where the purchase falls in the CC billing cycle. Try to order the helmets in the beginning of your billing cycle so you can return them in the same billing cycle. This way you will not be expected to pay the full amount, knowing you will be returning them in the next billing cycle. Something to think about.
I’ve ridden with the 6d helmet 3 times and it has excellent ventilation. After I ride I put it upside down in the sun to dry the liners or just take them out and wash them. It’s easy to disassemble. I had a little more difficult time putting the plastic piece into the eyebrow area, so pay attention to where the tabs go in this location.
More kudos to Revzilla. The helmet was on closeout for $499, I found the exact same helmet online somewhere else for $399. I didn’t think they were going to price match it, but they did (probably because the helmet was on “closeout” anyway). I was very happy about that!!!
No crashes where I have hit my head, so I’m not able to talk about concussion prevention. Anything I can do to prevent one is worth it. It’s not the cheapest helmet out there, but my focus was on safety and comfort. A couple of hundred extra bucks to prevent a concussion is worth every penny to me. Scrambling your brains inside your skull is not good practice. Good luck in your helmet search – I hope this helps!