Sizing & Fit
6D ATR-1 Rush Helmet
A true breakthrough in helmet technology, the 6D ATR-1 off-road helmet incorporates revolutionary Omni-Directional Suspension ( ODS ) technology which is a patent-pending kinetic energy management solution. We haven't seen anything like this before, but preliminary results show a dramatic reduction in low-threshold energy transfer for 6D Helmets.
ODS is designed to protect your brain over a broader range of impact energy, particularly low–threshold energy prevalent in most accidents. Low-threshold impact energy is the primary cause of concussion and second impact syndrome. Independent laboratory testing also confirms a significant reduction in angular acceleration energy with ODS. Angular acceleration is the primary cause of rotational brain injury, which is a potentially deadly and life-changing impairment.
The improved performance of 6D’s exclusive ODS technology can reduce the likelihood and propensity of concussion over traditional helmet designs. Although no helmet can protect you from all potential impacts or injury, the 6D ATR-1 was engineered to provide active free-motion capability within the helmet’s protective liner and exceed current relevant helmet standards.
The ATR-1's exclusive Air Gap cooling system incorporates 13 interior transfer ports, 8 intake ports, and 5 exhaust ports. The amount of time and energy devoted to moving air through 6D Helmets is second to none. Extensive front-to-back ventilation channels are fed by 3 large upper eyeport intake ports and 2 aggressive brow intake ports. These intake ports combined with chin bar vent openings channel cool air into the ATR-1’s air gap flushing hot air and moisture out the rear of the helmet.
- ODS (Omni-Directional Suspension) Technology
- Air-Gap Technology incorporates advanced air flow management system designed to provide significant air flow throughout the entire helmet
- Proprietary woven blend of advanced aerospace carbon fiber, composite fiberglass, and Kevlar shell
- Visor mounts flush with integrated recess into the outer shell surface
- Large eyeport opening provides excellent fitment of all popular motocross goggles
- Removable contoured roost guard provides additional protection from rocks and roost
- Integrated traction posts at the eyeport combine with a shell recess to keep your goggle strap secure
- Clavicle Cut-Away provides increased clavicle clearance without sacrificing strength
- Rear Delta Vent aids heat transfer by scavenging air from within the helmet
- Sternum Pad provides added protection of the chin, jaw, and sternum in the event of an accident
- Comfort Liner made from Genuine CoolMax anti-bacterial fabric with easy removal
- Emergency Release Cheek Pads provides easier access and helmet removal during emergency situations
- Replaceable mouth piece provides excellent roost protection and air flow
- Shear-away Visor Screws manufactured of engineered plastic rather than aluminum or titanium, allows the screws to shear more easily in the event of a high-stress impact or snag, improving rider safety
- Effective visor design blocks roost, vents aggressively and mounts securely
- Fully compatible with all neck braces
- Stainless steel screens protect all shell openings
- Titanium ‘D’ rings and chin strap rivets
- Exclusive 6D graphics
- Exceeds ECE and DOT standards
- Weight: +/- 1,525 grams
- 3-year limited warranty
|Product Style||RevZilla Item #||MFR. Product #||Availability|
|Product Style MD / Neon Green||RevZilla Item #987308||MFR. Product #10-1446||AvailabilityOut of Stock|
6D Helmet Sizing
|Size||Head (in)||Head (cm)|
|XS||20 7/8-21 1/4||53-54|
|MD||22 1/2-22 3/4||57-58|
|LG||22 3/4-23 1/4||58-59|
|2XL||24 7/16-24 3/4||62-63|
Sizing information is provided by the manufacturer and does not guarantee a perfect fit.
How to Measure
Wrap a cloth measuring tape around your head just above your eyebrows and ears. Pull the tape comfortably snug, read the length, repeat for good measure and use the largest measurement.
Sizing & Fit
14 Customer Reviews
3 Questions & 3 Answers