Tour Master Sentinel Rain Suit Pants
Keeps you dry, but tears with boots
These pants are nicely made, but poorly designed. If you are caught in a rain storm and need to get them on quickly over boots, its not gonna happen. The lining will tear from the boots and now it's not in good shape. The leg zips are too short so your boots just get stuck. So to get these on you need to take your boots off. Not good. And don't think it's because I have enormous feet (I don't). My wife also found the exact same problem and she has small feet for her size. And they're even Tourmaster boots, so they're even from the same product family. I wouldn't recommend these pants, and in fact I'm surprised by the positive reviews. I guess if you're just commuting to and from work where you would put them on before leaving the building they'd be ok, but on trips? No way.
January 25, 2014
Went by the size chart and or ordered a small and it is quite big. The legs are long, but in the riding position they end up being right were they should be, but the waist is quite large even with the elastic and over my jeans. If I have another jacket or sweater on underneath my jacket that the pant waist would have to go over then they would be perfect fit, but I'm skinny. As to their function as waterproof pants, they work great. Already rode in about 20 min of steady rain and they kept me 100% dry. They pack up small enough to throw in my backpack and feel very durable. Despite the sizing diff. I am happy with the purchase.
October 21, 2013
Doesn't take up much room in saddle bag or tank bag. Easy to put on. FOLLOW THE SIZE CHART on the web site and you will have no problems. Kept me dry in all situations so far.
August 13, 2013
Great price and fast delivery!
Tourmaster makes great products for motorcyclists. These rain pants replaced the same style pants for my wife which were accidentally torn. Tourmaster rainsuits keep you dry even in the heaviest downpours! Revzilla had them in stock and wereceived them 3 days after they were ordered. My wife is happy again!
July 31, 2013
great value ... and dry!
1) [as the reviews said] The stirrup snaps tend to pop apart when putting on. Haven't come undone when riding yet, though ... which would be distracting.
2) The little piece of velcro BETWEEN the 2 zipper halves confuses me - it just snags the ankle flap and gets in the way. When would you ride without the leg zipper zipped?
3) The ankle flap velcro and snap are so near each other, the ankle flap doesn't feel as secure as it should be. With the good fit around the ankle/calf, I'm thinking that the stirrup straps are going to be coming off soon.
1) There is NO way to put them on with boots (only size 8.5). I used my Yamaha rainsuit bootie and it works great, though!
2) The pocket zippers don't work smoothly, and will probably break? (very fine teeth)
1) So far, only light rain, but bone dry! It feels like it's leaking at the shins, but it's dry - I think it's just the cold[er] temperature of the rainwater.
2) I haven't been a SM adult size since Junior High, but it's a perfect fit (5'8", 180 lbs, 32" waist)!
3) The jacket zipper just happens to fit my Yamaha jacket too!
July 4, 2013
The product was as advertised.
The fit was excellent, I thought it would be too bulky but once I put it on it was quite comfortable. I had it on on over my riding jacket, movement was free and easy, I definitely recommend this suit.
May 21, 2013
The suit worked great, was rained on for 2 days and stayed dry...
con: the straps on the pant bottoms broke as soon as I tried to take them loose out of the bag the first time...cheap snaps..I need 4 new straps...I have 2 of these suits and all straps broke....
April 15, 2013
Worked through a ton of rain
I wore these during my trip home from the Tail of the Dragon to Maryland. It pretty much rained the entire trip back and I stayed 100% dry and it did a great job at reducing the wind felt since it was freezing as well. I wish I would have taken time to buy water proof winter gloves as well since my hands were soaked and frozen the whole trip.
Good quality and fit just right. I'm 5'8" at 200 pounds 36" waist.
February 25, 2013