Firstgear Silverstone Tank Bag
Can't find any problem's with this bag. I have had 4 bag's all fell apart and faded in the sun. I ride every day and my bike is in the weather 9 hours a day .This is the best bag I have tried! 2 years now and going strong.
January 28, 2014
Great little tank bag
Had this bag for almost 2 years now, and it's held up great.
- Holds more than you'd think, and is expandable.
- Easy-access cell phone pocket
- The magnets hold perfectly without needing the extra nylon straps, even in high speeds (100+) and for distance touring (1000 miles in 24 hours)
- Holds a lot for it's size, but it is a small bag. Can't-fit-a-pair-of-shoes-in-it small.
- Water resistant, but not waterproof.in heavy rain. Comes with a plastic clear(ish) cover. The bottom and sides get saturated with or without the cover and get anything inside damp.
- It does have a clear "map holder" on the top, but is too small to actually hold said map. Can write out directions and fits in easily. Also fit my GPS in there, but it's hard to see in glare at that angle, and at night you have to look off the road entirely to see it, again not ideal.
Overall, it's built solid, and as a fair-weather tank bag. Easy on easy off with a carrying handle, For a commuter, it's a good choice, but again, can't carry your shoes.
August 23, 2012