Certain option combinations (sizes, colors, fitments, etc.) are more expensive than others.
In this case the option is more expensive than the base price,
so a price adjustment of has been added to Your Price.
Please select a Color to view availability.
Drop us your email and we'll let you know when it's in.
Stompgrip Tank Pad Suzuki SV650 / SV650S / SV1000 / SV650S
Stomp Grip Tank Pads make gripping your ride incredibly easy, and therefore requires less energy to hold on to the bike. This reduces fatigue and arm pump with more lower body grip and less upper body stress. On the track, this helps to keep the rider stable whether they are braking from top speed or heading into their favorite sweeping corner.
Each pad is constructed of a non-abrasive material that features an aggressive volcano bump pattern. Does not cause unnecessary wear to your riding pants or leathers. Each Stomp Grip Tank Pad is custom designed and engineered to fit your specific bike model.
Available in black and clear
Paint and graphic remain visible through clear pad option
Pre-molded rounded edges that resist peeling
Super strong 3M adhesive back
Made in USA
Note: Image for reference only. Stomp Grip Tank Pad may vary depending on your bike model.
Stompgrip Tank Pad Suzuki SV650 / SV1000 2003-2009
Amazing Grip, More Corning control
Stomp grip pads should be one of the first upgrades you do for your sport bike! They work great, last for ever, and protect you gas tank from scratches. Make sure to use a heat gun or HAIR DRYER for installation. Also, DON'T TOUCH the sticky adhesive as it can cause smudges.
July 14, 2014
Good grip on stops and corners
I have enjoyed the purchase of this item it enables you to hang off if you will with confidence.
January 31, 2014
Pricey, but works wonderfully. Take your time & apply with care!
As a relatively new rider, I noticed a huge difference in ability to grip the tank with my knees between wearing blue jeans and my Joe Rocket Atomic Textile Pants (also purchased here on RevZilla). The textile pants are so slick that I couldn't grip the tank effectively and was often using the handlebars to hold myself up instead of control the bike. So I purchased this Stompgrip product after doing a bit of research and finding relatively few similar / competitive products.
At this point I'll jump to the final result and say that the Stompgrip does EXACTLY what it's supposed to do: help you stick to the bike with your knees/thighs, freeing your hands and providing greatly improved control. I personally think the size of the grips is larger than necessary for street riding, but it's probably perfect for the track where you're moving around more on the bike.
The critical part, of course, is properly applying the grips to your bike. Take your time, read the instructions carefully and follow them diligently! I'm glad I did. As recommended, I tried warming the tank and grip with my wife's thermonuclear hairdryer prior to application, but they cooled off so quickly (even though it was ~75 degrees in my garage) that I abandoned that approach and instead just used the hair dryer (again per Stompgrip's instructions) after each grip was fully applied to the tank.
Having purchased the clear (rather than black) grips, it was very important to ensure I didn't have any big air bubbles. After holding the grips up to the tank for a trial fit, I decided to start applying each grip at the front and work to the back. So I peeled the backing paper maybe 0.5 - 0.75" to start, then once I got the front of the grip properly placed and pressed down, I continued peeling the backing paper only ~0.25" at a time, carefully working my thumb from top to bottom, pressing the grip onto the tank. This worked very well and I was able to apply both grips with no apparent bubbles.
A few other comments:
- I recommend trial-fitting the grip to the tank before peeling any of the backing paper. However, the grip material is stretchable while the backing paper is not, so it will fit much better as you remove the backing paper than it will appear to fit when the backing paper is still on.
- Cleaning the tank prior to application is also critically important. Stompgrip's instructions tell you this, yet fail to recommend any specific cleaning products or procedures. I used store-bought 50% isopropyl alcohol on a microfiber cloth to clean the entire application area, then used the hair dryer to ensure the surface was completely dry and free of dust prior to application. This worked very well and did not appear to damage the painted tank surface in any way.
- Be certain to position and align the grip properly the first time. I did not have to lift and reposition or realign either of my grips, but I'm sure this would compromise the adhesive.
- Try to make sure that the edges of the grips are not sticking to portions of your tank that are highly curved. The large contours of the tank are fine, but if the grip is too low on your tank its edges will not stick well to the sharp curve where the tank rolls under at the frame.
- Overall rating is 4 stars due to the critical importance of proper surface preparation and grip application. It's definitely do-able but is not what I would call easy. Believe me, however, once properly applied it works spectacularly!
Hope this helps!
November 3, 2013
indespensible for track or street
If you're looking for optimum control for either track or street this is a must.
October 16, 2013
Have a functionality, fit, or otherwise product-specific question about the Stompgrip Tank Pad Suzuki SV650 / S / SV1000 / S? Ask it here!
If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our Customer Service department.