Scorpion Guardian Gloves
Best Gauntlet Under $100
First the CONS, if I may call it that.
- The gloves, while pre-curved and feels somewhat broken when new, will take a few rides to truly break in. Feels a bit stiff and slightly difficult to move your fingers and ball your hand into a fist. I was worried this would be a permanent problem but after a few rides, the gloves were broken in and now they fit...like a glove :)
- If you are buying the white gloves, don't expect them to be paper white. While they are white, they aren't a super clean white.
That's it for the negatives and it's really nothing more than nit-picking.
- The gloves look great and look just like the pictures.
- The fit is perfect. I have had other cut off gloves and gauntlet gloves that are not true to size. These gloves run exactly the way they should, and more importantly, true to the sizing chart provided.
- While I have yet to go down, and I hope I don't, the protection looks top notch. The back knuckle protection looks and feels like a million bucks, there's an additional layer of leather reinforced behind the knuckles of each finger as well.
- Most gloves offer great protection for the knuckles and back of the hand but talking to, and watching videos, most of the damage seems to happen to the palm and this is where these gloves excel. There is leather to reinforce the most vulnerable part of your palm and that's the area below your thumb and then there's also reinforced leather by the upper palm area (where you would have callouses).
If you are looking for a great pair of street riding gloves that will cover your entire wrist (gauntlet), give you great looks as well as protection to match for under $100, I would definitely recommend this glove.
April 16, 2015
looks great and feels great
Th ese gloves fit really nicely on my hand. I have tried other mediums and they didn't fit as well as these did. They almost felt already pre-broken in. They have a pre curve to them that made holding onto the handle bars much easier. And now that I've had them for about a month they fit perfectly around my hands and fingers. Also haven't fell (thankfully) but they seem to have god protection. And when I lift my fingers off of the controls I get good air flow. Overall happy with my purchase and reccomend them to anyone riding.
April 6, 2015
I bought this glove the day after purchasing my motorcycle. I bought the white and black ones. I have to say this glove, even though a gauntlet style, has good airflow and has so far kept my hands cool when riding. They came precurved as if you were already gripping the handlebars. They were also a little stiff, but that was to be expected with the amount of different leather mixture. I wore them around the house for 5-10 min at a time just trying to stretch them out a little.
When riding these gloves are very comfortable. They have added padding to the palm areas when it supposed to help if sliding but I think it's also helped to reduced handlebar vibrations.
The glove fits easily underneath the sleeve of my alpinestar jacket. I have no trouble adjusting the straps and the Velcro holds great.
I have yet to test out the durability of the gloves in terms of going down, but I have no doubt they will stand up to the test.
March 30, 2015
Good value for a street glove.
Have ridden with the gloves for about 1,000 miles. Initial fit was good if a bit snug, break in was quick. Good feel for the grips and levers. Only complaint has been with the knuckle protectors, after about 100 miles or so into a ride I felt they were a bit tight across the knuckles, particularly on the small or "pinkie" finger knuckle. I do like the gloves and will continue to wear them. Good value for the price.
March 23, 2015
Good disposable gloves for one season
I bought these because of good reviews and a nice price. After less than a year the stitching in the fingers is coming apart. I'm glad I never went down with these on. I think they would have come apart completely.
March 15, 2015
Nice looking glove doe's the trick
Gloves are very aggressive looking! fit is tight but does not bind or rub ya funny! Very nice "tough" glove
January 19, 2015
So unfortunately I had to crash test these gloves.. I was driving about 40 mph on a road with no streetlights I came across a tree in the middle of the road and did not have enough time to react, when I did react, I grab the front brakes a little too hard and I went down on the left side. I slid and I tumbled.. luckily I am okay and am only a little sore with a sprained hand and a sprained shoulder from how I put my hand down when I hit the ground. The only damage to these gloves are some worn down areas from hitting the road and some obvious marks on the glove. no hole torn open in glove to expose skin so my hands are good to go! It saved my skin and possible bones! after hitting the ground at about 40 mph i think these gloves are awesome. btw, i own the white and they are cool!
January 7, 2015
Great overall glove
Glove looks really good and fits great. Looks like it should provide some good protection as well
January 5, 2015