Interphone F5MC Stereo Bluetooth Intercom - Twin Pack
Really enjoying this product. My hubs and I can talk and also listen to music streaming or radio. Very easy to install and learn to use.
August 22, 2015
Works great so far, Only had it for about 3 weeks
Bought the F5MC twin pack, split it with a friend. I mounted mine in a HJC CL-MAX 2 (it's a modular helmet). He mounted his in a harley davidson modular helmet (I don't know the model). So far it seems to be working good. We've only used the intercom bike to bike once or twice seemed ok, second time there was some distance between us (maybe like .4 or .5 mile) and there was some like static but it still worked.
I've used mine mainly for pandora streaming from my phone. I have yet to run it dead. I used it for 9 hrs of straight music streaming then some off and on use after that before charging. I have made a few phone calls and could barley hear the person I was talking to,. The person I was talking to said that I sounded like I was in nascar. I haven't messed with the settings much, it's currently set for a full face helmet.
The FM radio works great as long as you have a good signal. I will just keep to the music streaming as much as possible.
The audio quality is ok, don't know what you really expect from a set of headphone speakers.
The pair kit comes with 1 charging cable that charges both units at the same time and 1 cable to update the firmware. You can use the firmware cable to charge, which is what I do.
All in all I like mine. I reall like the spoken menu. It takes some getting used to figure out how to work it but after you get it figured out it's really quite simple.
My only complaint (not the F5MC`S fault) is that now that the speakers are in my hemlet it puts pressure on my ears and they start hurting after about 2 hrs.
July 21, 2015
Great Value Easy Use
I had some requirements going into buying a bluetooth com system. Long standby time / Long talk time / Internal battery / Connects to other makes / Ease of use / Waterproof.
All of those things are Pros with these units. It also allows me to use Siri to text and to call. I haven't tried a lot of the other functions but the ones that I have tried have all worked as advertised.
There are only two Cons worth noting, and they would not prevent me from making the same purchase again.
Con 1. The breath screens on the mics are rather thick so if you already fill up your helmet with your head, be prepared to have this pressing into your face/mouth all the time. It does tend to effect the sound quality at speed if there is also a wind blowing.
Con 2. The charging cord that comes with the units requires you to put your helmets next to the computer for 3 hours to charge up from low battery. You can't take the units off the helmets to charge because the charge cord uses the earphone input to patch through to the units themselves. I bought the travel charger. That plugs directly into the units so you can just slide them off the mounts (VERY easy to do) and charge them from the wall.
July 13, 2015
It's not really bang for the buck, it's a notch above that.
I was driving at 90 mph when I heard my phone ring so I slow down until I was able to have and understand our conversation (Helmet brand is Lazer Monaco). I slowed down to 50 mph. Yes sir I am impress with the F5MC. Pairing is very easy. Intercom is great.
July 8, 2015
Best of the Best
Looks cool, sounds cool and that fact that it tried to reconnect once you come back into range of each other is just awesome! Check out the piccie!
July 6, 2015
Very good audio, works well!
I have not yet used many of the advanced features of this product and cannot comment there. I use this for 2 things, intercom with my wife who rides separately, and music streaming/sharing. These work extremely well!
1. I was on intercom and had to pull over to fix my jacket. My wife and I were separated by around a mile before our ability to intercom started breaking up and quit. That was not on a Kansas plain where I could still see her. It was real world riding on a twisty mountain highway. The auto reconnect worked flawlessly, as I started to catch up to her and we got back in range, no action was needed on my part to reconnect.
2. Music streaming works flawlessly with my iPhone. I wear a full face helmet with earplugs, and ride a street triple (so no fairing wind protection), and the music gets LOUD. I keep my phone around half volume with this setup, for normal music listening. Full volume is too loud for me and would actually hurt my ears.
3. Music sharing. It's easy for me to share my music with my wife on her bike. On our recent trip I shared podcasts with her. It was very entertaining as we could listen to the podcast, then interrupt with the push of the intercom button to talk about something in the podcast we felt was interesting. It helped keep us both very sharp after hours on the road.
1. The voice menu annoys me. I think all voice menus would annoy me, so I don't see a way of improving this easily. It's just a fact of owning a BT headset I guess.
2. Occasionally connection issues have occurred and we both need to reboot our headsets in order to connect. What happens is that one of us can hear the other, but not vice versa. Now that we know, its a simple fix. This also only appears to happen on the initial connection, so once we're on the road this has not been an issue.
3. Powering off, you have to hold the button for supposedly 5 seconds. It feels like 20 when you're just getting off your bike. I'm not sure why this has to be so long considering other button presses are no more than a tap or a 1 second "long press". It's not a big deal, but it is annoying.
June 29, 2015
Finally something that works.
My wife and both ride and take many long road trips together. We have looked into and even purchased several comm items in an attempt to be able to talk just here and there on the road. This f5 comm kit is the first that satisfied all our needs. It is easy to install. Works consistently well. Comm are clear even in the wind. Neither of us have had issues using them. Best of all is the battery life. We've spent eight hour days using them off and on and still had the battery life left to use them all day the next day. If I had to neg this item it would be some crackle and pop at higher speeds but still acceptable.
June 22, 2015
Not what I had hoped
I have a fairly quite helmet (Schuberth C3PRO) and have a hard time hearing my wife. she cant hear me at all. At speed I cant hear the left earpiece.
June 10, 2015