Icon 1000 Hood Leather Jacket
+10 to swag!
I was hesitant, at first, to spend this much money for a jacket... but I'm glad I did! While wearing the jacket, on or off the bike, I feel like a more impressive version of myself!
I'm 6' 4", 210lbs, and bought the brown XL. I probably could've gotten away with a Large, but I wanted a little extra length in the arms. Turns out, the jacket it fitted appropriately and doesn't look too baggy on me.
There's more length in the arms and body than other jackets I've had, which is just what I need!
The side expansion gussets work well, allowing a bent knee, aggressive riding position (Yamaha XSR900).
The perforation allows ample airflow; so far, I've ridden in 55 - 85 degrees, and while 55 is chilly, there's room for sweatshirts, and 85 still didn't feel hot at speed.
Overall, very happy with this Jacket!
May 19, 2016
Different but still good
Saw the jacket in person and loved the style. The liner's a nice touch and feels great. Still do though I'll comment on specific features:
Hood - looks cool, completely unnecessary and does close to nothing (not like I can/would fit it over any helmet)
Armor - Solid, doesn't move around much for me.
Fit - Great fit, I picked up a Medium and I believe my measurement for a good fit was 52 with an athletic build.
1 - Can't get gauntlet gloves over it so it's always gotta fit under. Main issue with this is that the velcro has been pulling on the inside fabric.
2 - Drawstrings flail about and smack my helmet nonstop. Can't do anything short of removing them or tying them down.....
Overall I still like it, it's a style thing. So if you've got the cash and you're into it go for it.
January 7, 2016
Excellent quality, comfort and styling! Would buy again for sure. Butter soft! I have worn this jacket in the Florida heat as well as in the cold up north and always been comfortable.
October 20, 2015
Comfort, Style and Armor
I recently got this jacket for some extra protection and style when riding in traffic. I am 6 feet tall 240 lbs I wear a 2XL and it fits almost like it was made for me. I ride about 100 miles round trip, in summer time at least part of that in temperatures over 100 degrees. Even though this jacket is not completely perforated what it does have allows plenty of airflow to keep comfortable in the extreme heat. I have not had the opportunity to test the protective suite and I hope one does not arise, but the construction feels solid and it should be very durable. The price seemed a little steep until I started riding in it and it feels like it was worth everything I paid for it. A combination of sleek and rugged styling that defies explanation.
June 24, 2015
At 6'3" 195# I love the jacket . Tried the icon chapter first but it s to short in the torso. The hood jacket vents very well in fact if you are into going 200 mph every wher this jacket isn't for you. Super excited about this jacket !
Xl fits me perfectly and I do have long arms .
June 23, 2015
This leather hoodie makes you more attractive with the ladies!
This hoodie was EXACTLY what I wanted! From watching the Revzilla video, everything is spot on. Was most concerned about the sizing, whether to go L or XL.
I'm 187, 5'10" and have a little bit of a gut and the L fits me how I like it. Not overly baggy and feel 'just right'.
The quality of the leather and weight tells you this is no regular hoodie. This IS a serious piece of motorcycle wear.
Have ridden around town in this and feel 100% confident with the protection offered.
And yes, wearing this leather hoodie gets me even more looks from ladies now on the street!
May 25, 2015
Not for the cold
Well this jacket seems like it might be really good for the cold, I certainly don't feel like it is. The perforations underneath the arms where there is no protection just make it freezing cold. As I was riding in 50° weather I could feel the cold air coming in the perforations on the side and under the arms. But the arms are not protected by any additional liner. I know it seems like they made this jacket for the cold but I certainly don't think you can ride in anything colder than maybe 60°
March 28, 2015
I really wanted this jacket to work for me. My last leather (a cheap River Road) had a zipper failure that I'm unhappy about. Wanted a new one, but I'm a difficult fit. 6'4", 230lbs, 44/46 chest but usually need L or XL sleeves. Hard to find a good fit. Had high hopes for this jacket. Ordered the 2XL.
* best quality build overall I've seen
* the lining goes in and out easily
* the armor is all d3o and fits into the lining beautifully. it disappears into the jacket. I kept having to squeeze parts of the jacket to figure out where the armor was. With the jacket on it vanishes, yet it all seemed to be in the right place.
* look of the jacket is great
* leather quality is great. brown was very pretty. darker than in the photos, but would have probably weathered well.
* stitching and zippers looked great
* extras - key fob, wallet, metal serial plate, labels, wooden hanger, all unnecessary, but interesting touches
Lining doesn't have sleeves. Not sure this is a bad thing. Makes removing the liner easier, so this is a toss up.
Downside, for me:
* Too big in the chest. Arm length was perfect, but chest and waist was at least two sizes two big. Worried about wind noise on the bike. No tightener points.
* Icon 1000 logo on front was slightly off. Two of the letters were obviously crooked on the metal badge. Seems nitpick, but its the main thing to look at on the front of the jacket, and with the rest of the jacket quality being so high, I was surprised they missed their logo being out of kilter. Not a subjective thing. The preforation the logo is on top of goes straight up and down, so it stands out that the "c" and "o" did not. Didn't want to try to fix myself for fear it would damage it.
* Price. I get it that other "quality" leathers seem to be this or higher priced, but its still a lot of money.
* The hood. Dumb gimmick. I know its in the name. I wanted this style jacket (w/o hood) in a size that fits me. I hoped that zipped off would still look nice. It almost does, but the zipper stands out too much.
If they made this jacket with a slightly more tailored fit and without the hood, I would have loved it and tried to fix the badge. Even though my issue with it seem small, I can't justify dropping this much money on something I have even small problems with, so, with some reluctance, back it goes.
March 28, 2015