Please select a
to check availability, or to add this item to your Shopping Cart or Wish List.
Your Savings (10%):
Certain option combinations (sizes, colors, fitments, etc.) are more expensive than others.
In this case the option is more expensive than the base price,
so a price adjustment of has been added to Your Price.
Please select a to view availability.
Drop us your email and we'll let you know when it's in.
This stylish, well-constructed replacement windscreen features improved height and shape with top-notch quality. Features clear tint and precision-cut shape. Overall height is 20.8", maximum width is 20", with approximately 4.75" of extension. Specific sliding wind-screen, transparent, complete with fitting kit.
The AIRFLOW is the most versatile Givi windshield to date.
The adjustable spoiler allows the rider on the fly to easily and quickly make adjustments. Made of transparent polycarbonate, the adjustable spoiler is infinitely adjustable along the 4.75" (12cm) of travel. Once the desired setting has been selected a simple and secure clamp will keep it in place.
The design of the AIRFLOW system creates an aerodynamic effect that eliminates turbulence, allowing for maximum protection from wind thus reducing rider fatigue.
Another important feature is the ability to reduce AIRFLOW to the rider to increase driving safety while raining: the "spoiler effect" reduces and, can at times, eliminate rain from collecting on the visor and reducing vision. During the warmer days the AIRFLOW spoiler, can easily be removed allowing travel with only the lower part of the windshield as well.
Dimensions: 53 cm (12 cm of extension) H x 51 cm W
Ordered this product to get an adjustable range of protection depending of the weather and the riding planned.
Once installed I realized no matter at what height I adjusted the sliding screen, the buffeting was so bad it was actually shaking my sunglasses making them slide down my nose. It is the first time, after 30 minutes riding I was looking forward to go home and end this ride.
Other cons of this screen:
- Glare and rainbow effect through the screen.
- Due to the height and small support shakes quite a bit.
- The bottom part of the sliding screen (the frosted section) reflects some light from the headlight, very annoying when riding at night.
Had it for a couple of days, tried different heights, helmets and riding positions. Put it back in the box and auctioned on fleabay.
August 2, 2015
Does not work as advertised
I usually don't write reviews, but seeing how this product has completely let me down I decided to write one. The fit and finish is great, seems to be a high quality product. But at 40mph and above you get buffeting that is not experienced with the stock windscreen. It feels like someone is slapping the top of your helmet, and after only riding for an hour I had a huge headache, and I never got one with the stock windscreen.
I tried riding at different speeds with different screen positions, and the slapping never got any better. But just like others have said the air right in front of you is calm(er), but the air going around the side of the screen is playing pinball with my head. I Expected far greater things for the price of this windscreen, and I wish I could get my money back so I could invest it in a different windscreen. And I don't recommend buying this screen, invest it in some other screen.
For the record I ride a 2014 bmw f700gs, comfort seat, I'm 5''9" tall and have a regular build.
March 19, 2015
Concept better than Execution
- I love the idea of a lowering windshield. Both because it would get in the way taking the bike off road and because you may want the wind for cooling on back roads in the heat.
- The windscreen appears to be very high quality.
- Installation was easy.
- When lowered the windscreen is out of the way.
- Changing height is easy.
- Should be a significant improvement on the highway in cold weather.
- If lowered at speed the windscreen creates significantly more buffeting than the stock screen. This really only kicks in above 40mph or so. It could be irritating on back highways in the summer.
- Installation was only easy because 8 fasteners are involved 4 of which are stock. The directions were virtually useless but hey.. you only have to do that once.
- The windscreen does not work as advertised. I made a number of test runs at different screen heights and speeds. Simply put buffeting to the body is significantly reduced but no matter what I tried it still felt like someone was playing slap the helmet with the top of my head.
For reference I am roughly 5'10" but I carry more height in my torso than some. However ducking down did not seem to work.
It's hard to tell if the helmet buffeting is better or worse than without the screen. Air around my face was fairly calm. but the helmet buffeting was fairly exhausting.
Conclusion: I would really like to see better execution but it is a fairly good windshield and the ability to raise and lower it is key for me.
August 19, 2014
Awesome windshield for BMW F700GS
Wish this had been in stock and I had bought it the first time! I tried some generic screen on ebay which was terrible and then just used an x-creen with the stock windshield which was OK. However, this Givi is great. It really keeps the wind down and looks great. It is very solid (like everything from Givi) and was simple to install (10 minutes max). This was a great addition to my bike.
July 10, 2014
Have a functionality, fit, or otherwise product-specific question about the Givi AF5107 Airflow Windscreen BMW F700GS 2013-2015? Ask it here!
If you have a customer service or shipping question, please direct it to our Customer Service department.