Denali Soundbomb Compact Air Horn
Once purchased, it arrived within 2 days.
Installed on Vstrom 1000 2014. Tight fitment, but outstanding performance. Now no more worries if car next to me or beside me, will hear me. When you honk this horn, they know you are coming, outstanding loud. Highly recomended
February 6, 2016
If loud pipes saves lives...
For those who believes the saying, this horn will have all the attention you need ONLY when you need it.
I ride a Bonnie and did not enjoy the few places I could mount it. I would recommend buying the "Split" model (I will) to have it sit more discretely on your bike. The design is great and louder than the loudest pipes and is a great buy if you can find a good place to mount it.
Buy the harness if you don't want to bother splicing your own wires.
February 2, 2016
This horn makes sure drivers hear you, even if they do not see you. It does not mount where thebstock horn goes, so you may want to plan before you buy. The mounting hardware is expensive, but works well and is high quality.
February 2, 2016
Absolute best horn.
Had this horn for a few thousand miles before posting. First horn purchased broke, (the clip receiver that accepts the mounting bolt separated from itself, physically issue with the billet aluminum) Revzilla replaced. Second horn, tested and mounted and everything works quite well. Extremely loud. This is the best horn on the market after looking (and seeing in store) several other options. The tone is not low, but rather a medium pitched 'sports car' type sound. Very strongly recommend.
January 26, 2016
I love this thing. It is night and day compared to the stock horn on my Bolt. I love how loud it is and I love blasting this thing, but fortunately I haven't had to use it on a motorist yet. Make sure to get the wiring harness and it makes installation a breeze. The main thing was finding a bracket so that I could mount it where I wanted to. I ended up getting some PIAA light mounts. Looks good mounted and not out of place.
January 24, 2016
A Tight Fit on a 2013 V-Strom 650....WORTH THE EFFORT!
Go from "Pardon Me" to "LOOK OUT COMING THROUGH".
* In December 2015, I purchased the Denali from Revzilla and ordered the other components available: Wiring Harness and Mounting Bracket to mount on my Suzuki V-Strom 650 Adventure.
* First I disconnected the battery, then removed the gas tank for more access to the R/H side instead of removing the R/H side faring which would have been more complicated.
* NOTE: I'm a skinny guy with long fingers so you wider guys might need to remove more plastic than I did for easier access!
* It's a tight squeeze, but the bracket and the horn fits snugly in place, see photos as proof.
* It took me several tries, adjusting the mounting bracket and horn, so everything will comfortably miss the fork leg and barely miss the faring.
* Better safe than sorry while digging around: I used some closed cell 1" wide weather stripping to help cushion the horn from the faring: don't need plastics chaffing each other.
* The wiring harness has minimal instructions that are spelled out in a diagram. No problem at all with the wiring install, and you'll need more zip ties, as usual, than supplied. I like to put a spot of dielectric grease on connections to help prevent corrosion.
* Buttoned everything back together, hooked the battery back up, turned the key and blipped the horn button. Now there's REAL AUTHORITY! RREEAALL AAUUTTHHOORRIITTYY!!
* I can't speak of longevity, since it's January here in NW Minnesota and have a few months before riding weather returns. Since I use a horn sparingly it should last for years.
* I hope this review helps someone.
January 4, 2016
Very Freak*ing LOUD
This thing is so loud you will laugh your @$$ off when you push the button for the first time. I made a video of the stock horn and then the Denali. Very funny. Highly recommend you do this. I got tired of cars ignoring me in roundabouts. There are now some drivers who peed on themselves. This thing is REALLY Freak*ing LOUD. Very happy with my purchase. This thing is LOUD. This thing is really, really, really LOUD. Videos online do NOT do this thing justice. This thing is really, really LOUD. You will love it. It is LOUD. I think it adds to rider safety. This thing is so freaking LOUD.
November 30, 2015
Never ride without a Stebel Horn!
Just purchased a new R1200RT and wanted to instantly replace the OEM horn with this ear piercing air horn. I have had several stebel horns over the years, the last one was retrofitted into my old R1200GS and went with the bike when it was sold. I also purchased the premade cable from Revilla which made install a breeze. Only had to come up with a mounting bracket for the RT. First day it was installed, I needed it to get the attention of a driver who decided to make a fast right on red in front of me. Got their attention quick. Never be without one of these when you ride!
November 24, 2015