Denali D2 LED Driving Light Kit
The kit had everything I needed except the physical light mount (purchased separately). Wiring was very easy and the whole job, including ensuring high and low beams could be used, took only a few hours. Result is awesome amount of light in a very small package with a good look and with it tied to low beams (40% strength), adds light for every situation.
August 2, 2016
Work great on the beak of my G650gs
However I had to grind down the bolt heads to get them to fit into the U brackets that the lights mount to. The welded pieces that are suppose to hold the bolt head were all askew and the bolt wouldn't drop into place.
Otherwise: the wiring was all high quality, plenty of length to run from the beak to my aux fuse block under my seat, and the output is awesome. You don't want to run them in high output mode if there are other vehicles around!
February 24, 2016
Bright, Durable, Small
These are bright and come in a small, unobtrusive form that look great on my crash bars. I gave them an "average" bang for the buck rating because I can't compare them to anything else at other price point (these are my first aux lights). So after putting putting a lot of thought into purchasing them, I can say I'm quite impressed. The lamps cast a clean white light and come with two lenses. I installed the wider beam for greater conspicuity. And for what it's worth, here are some additional observations about the product and installation that may help you with your purchasing decision. (note, I limit my rides to the road, no trails)
1. Despite a product description, I found no dimmer knob. It has an on/off button.
2. Operation: Before hooking them up, consider the pros and cons of wiring them up to your high/low beam switch. In my case, the shop did not follow my instructions to hook them up this way, so the D2s burn at 100% intensity when turned on. If you wore them up this way, be sure to aim the lights in a manner that does not blind oncoming drivers. After some adjustments to the beam angle, no one has complained (or at least oncoming traffic has not flashed their lights at me) and I feel I'm very conspicuous. I have also mounted them low enough on a crash bar to create a nice triangle of light that may not annoy others. Despite the brightness of these things, the unit does not become unbearably hot to the touch.
3. Installation: A shop installed it for me, but I don't think it would have been terribly difficult with some basic wiring skills.
4. Interchangeable Lens: The instructions do not include any guidance on swapping out the spot and diffuser lenses hat come in the package. While it wasn't rocket science, it involved a level of frustration that instructions could have prevented. In particular, when removing the light pod caps, be sure to grasp them so they do not fall to the ground and take the clear glass/plexi covers with them (they're not secured in the cap). Once removed, you will notice a white gasket around each interchangeable lens. It is a bit tricky to remove and remount the gasket to the replacement lens, but some trial and error will get you there in a few min. Also, the interchangeable lenses do not snap/click/twist in; they kind of float and are supported by that gasket. Odd set up, but only an issue onc time.
5. Durability: I dropped my bike while failing to negotiate a stop/start on a hill (rookie here). The left light was the first thing to contact the ground with the weight of the bike on it, but the mount pivoted the light away and it still works fine (but the impact bent the crash bar)
6. Power Switch: My switch is mounted to a Denali switch plate on the bar. As other reviewers have noted, there is nothing to indicate whether the switch is weatherproof. If you plan to keep these on all of the time, I recommend you stow the switch under your seat and let it turn on automatically with the key
Hope this helps a little.
December 8, 2015
Easy to install. Super super bright. I was nervous about spending the momy on them but money well spent no regrets.
November 26, 2015
As I was ordering the Denali D2 LED Driving Light Kit, I was a little skeptical those little lights would work. Holy cow! They are bright, built well and really light up the road. I'm very happy I bought them.
August 17, 2015
Very good lights I like the safety iti gives at night
The fit and finish of the product is very good the kids complete and it gives me the safety that I want and Oncoming cars see I am at motorcycle not a car with one light it's a big deal for me because I travel the back roads
June 15, 2015
nighttime country riding
I ride through the country every day on my commute. These definitely make me feel safer, better able to see deer and other critters that might be lurking near the road.
May 11, 2015
These brighten my day... And night.
Awesome set of lights. Super bright, they do not match the color of my headlights. My headlights are Osram Nightbreakers halogen the warm color compared to these LED's. I have them wired to switch intensity from low to high with my headlights and they are simply perfect. Easy to install. 2 options 10 degree or 40 wide degree lenses. I have the 10 on the left and 40 on the right.
Just a friendly reminder don't cut off the push button switch for any reason. The lights still need that to run. I had to solder it back in. And now the switch is located under my pillion seat.
May 8, 2015